Playing as Klingons, By Boggz

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2, 3
posted on June 5th, 2011, 4:42 am
Ah the faithful mkman :D

This guide isn't too out of date, but things have certainly been changing in the world of Fleetops.

For anyone else wanting to know more about Klingons I suggest you watch more replays from the Guide's Video Database.

I believe you can narrow down the search criteria and view only Klingon matches ;).
posted on June 5th, 2011, 8:42 am
Boggz, I have been watching every one! Seems like Klink is having a hard time beating Borg........even you are losing :( Find a way to beat them Boggz!!!
posted on June 5th, 2011, 10:02 am
mkman wrote:Myles, maybe Susa will need to be used more! They are good vs buildings and large ships correct? Hope to start seeing some more klinks beating borgs!

yup they pwn big ships and have a passive that means they pwn stations.

and once you have built a bunch of susa you can tech up to sangs, which also do well against borg.

if u have several qawduj you can repeatedly spam ionising torpedo at spheres, -80 energy per torp, and the qawduj starts with enough energy for about 5 or 6 shots, and will regen energy for more. people research ionising torp on the way to polaron field anyway. plus polaron field will help you get the kills on the spheres as they try run.
posted on June 5th, 2011, 2:55 pm
The worst match up for Klingons are still Romulans ;). There's plenty of stuff one can throw against Borg(speaking from a taq'rojas point of view):
KBQ for tanking as usual,
KVorts for Sphere, (Scube), Probe,
CHarghs are incredibly against Scubes as well and much cheaper than Vor'cha and even cheaper than Sangs, their tractor is also very effective, against Borg even more than against other races since they have less ships
Against unsupported Borg Spheres a little group of about 2-3Veqlaraghs with alternative armament can also fulfil the role of the Chargh and stay out of range. You have to be careful with those, though. Decent micromanagement is needed to keep them alive.
Qawduijs are great as Myles pointed out, you have to take care of your tritanium macromanagent though if you want to build more than 2of them. They also perform quite well as tank.
Vor'chas are of course always nice, but you must be very lucky to field them in the Scube rush phase ;). But they are also valuable because of their high damage, defense and the polaron torpedo. Everything that shuts down subsystems is more useful against Borg than against the other races. And Klingons have plenty of stuff like that.
I didn't try it yet, but with ADAI the LuSpet should also be very nice against Spheres and Diamonds

In late game against Assimilators it's always fun to watch one or two Negh'Vars slaughtering those. :guns:
1, 2, 3