Playing as Klingons, By Boggz

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2, 3
posted on April 19th, 2011, 3:52 am
Hahah never discount the Chargh!  It's torpedo will dominate things like the Ambassador, Leahval, Breen B5, Negh'var, Scube :D ....

I feel like it's not so overall useful to encourage spamming it like a baseline unit, but boy will that Tractor beam help you if you are capable enough to use it effectively.  If the fleets are so big that you don't feel comfortable leaving them to fight their own battles in a big engagement then keep 1 or 2 cloaked until the battle is waning and then decloak them to use tractor on things that are trying to flee like cowards!!!! :badgrin:
posted on April 19th, 2011, 6:57 am
Yeah, more than 3Charghs aren't needed in my opinion. At the time you have 3Charghs you should be able to have the armory up already and build your second short range counter: the Vor'cha. The Chargh is rather for support, some heavy firepower hidden in KBQs and Qawduijs.
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 4:21 pm
Boggz, have you used the BortaS? What do you think of it as a unit? I mean its special of the turret is great as it can make unlimited amounts provided you have the energy and then its major special which is some kind of storm that destroys anything caught in it except the BortaS. I think 3 bortas with the cloud activated could kill a Borg Cube???

Of course its a late unit but if you have the unit, don't you think its a great unit? Thanks!
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 4:32 pm
the turrets cost supply too, 7 each. which isnt dirt cheap, but certainly wont break the bank either. making them for fun would definitely waste valuable (especially later game) klingon supply. use them tactically, put in places where u expect a fight, or at an enemy exp.

the other special (actually the default special available without research) is ion storm, which cost only energy. commonly used all 3 at a time, 3 of them will down destroyers with ease and leave cruisers hurt bad and battleships probably with no shields. turning on moqbara makes this even worse. best used against a swarm of little annoying ships, can easily decimate a fleet if used right.

3 of them dont come close to killing even a bargain basement cube. the cube just has too many hitpoints, but it will certainly soften it up a bit.

bortas can be rushed to with some risk, getting their cloak special will break the bank for sure, but getting 3 without cloak can be rushable, then you have to put in even more effort to use them right. if the enemy sees them they will probably just turn and run :lol:

its great if it works, it can easily turn a game.

see here: Klingon - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 4:41 pm
You can definitely rush the BortaS to decent effect in 2v2 and even 1v1 against certain factions.  It isn't an automatic win though and like Myles indicated, you won't get the researches until much later.

It's really only a viable rush vs. adai heavy opponents.  :whistling:
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 4:56 pm
who said it was an automatic win?
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 5:15 pm
I think you mis-read him, Myles.  He said it isn't an automatic win --- AND ---- (like Myles said), the researches are spendy.

Put a comma in there and read it again :D
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 5:27 pm
Boggz wrote:I think you mis-read him, Myles.  He said it isn't an automatic win --- AND ---- (like Myles said), the researches are spendy.

Put a comma in there and read it again :D

whoa, that's embarassing, i cant believe i misread that. think my poor sleeping habits are biting me in the arse now :blush:

i missed the word "and" not a comma.
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 7:50 pm
thanks all, anyone know of a video that shows someone using BortaS or even Neghvar? There are so many for me to go through, if you remember a match of yours or whatnot that was youtubed that showed those units, please let me know. Thank you! :)
posted on April 26th, 2011, 11:08 pm
Myles, thanks for the replay! Love it! Anymore possibly? :D
posted on April 27th, 2011, 6:14 am
Myles wrote:the turrets cost supply too, 7 each. which isnt dirt cheap, but certainly wont break the bank either. making them for fun would definitely waste valuable (especially later game) klingon supply. use them tactically, put in places where u expect a fight, or at an enemy exp.

I wonder how the turret being the free special now will change things.

As for making them for fun....... its FUN to use them tacticaly......

Raid expansion while preping real fleet, when defenders chase raiders, bortas go in, drop turret, leave, enemy turns to deal with turrets, you have main fleet ready to ambush (hopefully) enemies main fleet.

In a 4v4 Ive seen 2 klink players with bortas use them to GREAT effect in a coordinated effort by basicly going and ringing a group of the probes (6 probes) between an fed proxy yard and were the fighting was. The fed never noticed it, nor did his team mates, and all of their ships they sent to run back to the proxy mostly died due to the turrets

That said they were kinda drunk or else may have noticec that ...
posted on June 4th, 2011, 8:33 pm
With Sang build time increased, what are the new strats or challenges that Klingon players are facing now? Seems like in a lot of Klingon vs Borg videos, klingons are losing to mass cubes and adaptors!
posted on June 4th, 2011, 10:38 pm
mkman wrote:With Sang build time increased, what are the new strats or challenges that Klingon players are facing now? Seems like in a lot of Klingon vs Borg videos, klingons are losing to mass cubes and adaptors!

you ever tried susa? you get a yard at your main and at your exp, they cloak and are fast and have a handy special.
posted on June 5th, 2011, 2:59 am
Myles, maybe Susa will need to be used more! They are good vs buildings and large ships correct? Hope to start seeing some more klinks beating borgs!
1, 2, 3