Fleet Ops Memes

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 2:28 am
:lol: I do that all the time..... :crybaby:
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 3:34 am
I have only seen a human use a Serkas once, ever. Hopefully the next version will give them more relevance.
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 12:08 pm
I usually field them in AI games (where I'm getting a majority of these screenshots BTW), where I need to bust multiple Starbases/Defense platforms.

As far as humans using them, I can't think of the last MP game that I actually tried to use them.  I know I have seen them in a few FFAs, and at least one 8-player MP that they were used against me (but I don't remember who did that).
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 4:14 pm
One Serkas is great for harassment, but I guess you could say that a Leahval can do anything just as well for the same price.  I hope to see Serkas become useful as well.
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 5:17 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on February 3rd, 2012, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Serkas is and always has been an incredible strong vessel: it can two-three shot kill quite a few lower tier ships, and in general does a huge amount of damage per second (even not considering AoE).

That being said, it requires more micromanagement than most players would like. If you catch a player off guard, 1-2 relatively fast Serkas will easily obliterate several early or mid game ships in the first volley, before that player can even react. Then of course there's the "1 Serkas stalking your base" deal  :whistling: .

The success of the Leahval is largely due to its ubiquitousness, which is something that will change in the following patches :) .

Personally the Serkas is one of my more favorite units, as it allows very precise application of excellent firepower to draw players out, as one should never ignore a Serkas firing on oneself.
posted on February 3rd, 2012, 6:27 pm
serkas are awesome, but currently they cost almost a warbird, and are stuck in an out of the way part of the romulan tech tree, needing talshiar.

if used right, everything dom says about serkas is true, huge damage in a short amount of time is great.

maybe next patch they won't be so much effort to come accross. people ignore the singularity gen a lot too, and tend to want more leahvals/gens as those ships are more "traditional".
posted on February 5th, 2012, 9:43 am
OK this is my first time doing something like this. I totally suck at photoshop!  :pinch:

Attachments

Hoarding.jpg
posted on February 5th, 2012, 2:09 pm
o.O

Oh shit.
posted on February 5th, 2012, 2:45 pm
That's a lotta Borg...
posted on February 5th, 2012, 4:24 pm
:lol: thats awesome.
posted on February 5th, 2012, 4:52 pm
Agreed    :lol: :thumbsup:
posted on February 5th, 2012, 10:23 pm
Last edited by kainalu on February 5th, 2012, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was capturing them as they came outta the wormhole on Favor the Bold. I had ~750 by the time I got too bored to keep doing it  :D

A better picture of the boneyard....

Attachments

FOScreenShot_120204_204017.png
posted on February 6th, 2012, 5:21 am
Oh that is awsome.  :lol:
:borg: :borg: :assimilate:
posted on March 5th, 2012, 5:15 pm
There's one I want to do, but not been able to capture a decent screenshot for --

Futility

You really should pick your fights...

The picture being a basic destroyer of some sort (something small and a bit naff) attacking a veteran Descent / Phalanx / Tavara (or some other ship with Defence >100).
posted on March 5th, 2012, 5:34 pm
it's difficult to show veteran status in a screenshot, so you may just have to settle for the base stats of a strong defence ship.

you could also try intercept scubes vs any battleship.
1, 2, 3, 4