Soooo lonely... :(

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2
posted on January 20th, 2012, 4:31 pm
Or in the other hand, if everyone is too busy fighting they troll (troll, not just spam) the most commonly used ship that their race has to offer:

Feds: intrepid or akira :pinch:
Klink: Vorcha :blink:
Rommie: griffin or laehval :blush:
Dominion: S-2 >:(
Borg: DPS or regen spheres  :shifty:
posted on January 20th, 2012, 5:12 pm
beserene wrote:Quite funny, cause Romulan players always bitch about their race being too underpowered, especially against Borg players.

Seriously people, make up your mind, or finally choose the race you can counter such spam the easiest way - yes, it is that simple. Just learn a second or third race, and when to choose it, then you'll be able to beat those easy spam strats pretty much all the time.

I can't believe that you still don't get it...are you doing this intentional or is it something from birth?
But if I think about it again, maybe it is just lack of experience in FO...
posted on January 20th, 2012, 8:47 pm
I understand that you have some inate need to lash out when somebody says something that doesn't fit into your underdeveloped head, but just like others, you could practice self-restraint! >:(

And if what i said above is too much for you: DON'T INSULT PEOPLE!
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:11 pm
Guys, we realized balancing is a sensitive subject, but please keep it civil.
posted on January 21st, 2012, 2:20 am
Last edited by beserene on January 21st, 2012, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The off topic part:
Drrrrrr wrote:I can't believe that you still don't get it...are you doing this intentional or is it something from birth?
But if I think about it again, maybe it is just lack of experience in FO...

Maybe it's your lack of experience in manners, communication, and especially knowledge of RTS games.

Every time you post, you try to denigrate anything besides yourself, like FO balancing, or anything someone has achieved for this community, including devs, staff, map makers, commentators, and so on.

Seriously, grow up, stop complaining and do something yourself. Or at least start a discussion, instead of useless argueing and bitching.

MrXT wrote:...

Don't get me wrong here XT, i was primarily talking about mp games, where such slightly "OP" (more like easier) strats get way more easily countered - and on the other hand unexpected weird strategies work better.

Romulans are having a very hard time getting 2v1'd early on. This doesn't mean i wouldn't agree on "Leavahls are too versatile for a support unit" - especially in Duels.

In the last tourney the TOP3 consisted of Borg, Feds and Klingon, not Leavahl spaming Romulans, or S2 spaming Dominion - there are of course many reasons for this, like those 3 races are slightly easier to play, the players were better, or no one hasn't figured out at that point how to play Romulans the easy way.

So my opinion is quite simple: strategies evolve, so do counter possibilities - and in team games the team and their communication obviously matters way more.
And i don't know how most people see mp games, but for me it's about the fun, and communication with your team on how to beat the enemy one - and this includes stepping back with your own strat / buildup if you have to, to achieve the greater goal...

Anyways... i've recently seen newcomers on teamspeak, many of them willing to learn and having some fun (for the lulz!), so... i wouldn't give up hope too early :P
posted on January 21st, 2012, 10:23 am
Guys, we realized balancing is a sensitive subject, but please keep it civil.

Balancing is not only sensitive...it is also highly intransparent because noone knows how things are decided...If this would be different and if the admins would realize their mistakes e.g. that the Leavhal - as is - is OP in several situations would help alot...
instead some people destroy the good feeling in games when they decide to go for standard but extrem powerful strats intentionally even if they know that they abuse the game by only/mostly using easy-win strats. Where is the argument that a mixed fleet is stronger than simple spam in FO?

The best example for my claims is the tournament final from winter. How much fun was it to see two good players go for Leavhal+Scube rush?

I understand that you have some inate need to lash out when somebody says something that doesn't fit into your underdeveloped head, but just like others, you could practice self-restraint!

Its not about that...its about people that constantly keep talking shit without giving examples or evidence for what they suggest and recommend. Also, I thought insulting ppl is not allowed...as you claimed in your post?!
posted on January 21st, 2012, 2:14 pm
Drrrrrr wrote:Balancing is not only sensitive...it is also highly intransparent because noone knows how things are decided...If this would be different and if the admins would realize their mistakes e.g. that the Leavhal - as is - is OP in several situations would help alot...
instead some people destroy the good feeling in games when they decide to go for standard but extrem powerful strats intentionally even if they know that they abuse the game by only/mostly using easy-win strats. Where is the argument that a mixed fleet is stronger than simple spam in FO?

The best example for my claims is the tournament final from winter. How much fun was it to see two good players go for Leavhal+Scube rush?
Its not about that...its about people that constantly keep talking shit without giving examples or evidence for what they suggest and recommend. Also, I thought insulting ppl is not allowed...as you claimed in your post?!

The winter tournament was crap i quit it in protest the two players who won it did exactly what you said and used overpowered units and strategy's, one spammed lehevals and the other scube and probed rushed.

The tournament should have been left till the patch comes out i really don't know how they got off saying it was a success it was utter crap and a farce.
posted on January 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm
I don't think putting the tournament off until the next big patch would have been good; I expect it'll be a few months before we see it, and that means there wouldn't have been a Winter tournament. Those and the replays are good hooks to keep people interested in the mod.
posted on January 21st, 2012, 3:23 pm
When the patch take sooo long till its out we should really consider nerfing ships by making a small mod that changes stats of ships slightly.
posted on January 21st, 2012, 6:13 pm
closed to follow the fire fighter guidelines
1, 2