Chasing People Away

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2, 3
posted on July 17th, 2012, 12:24 am
This is other people you are dealing with, not the computer!

Some people who disappear without saying a word, or say they be gone for 2 minutes, and return in 45. Same with others who join a 4v4 game, but have to go in 20 minutes (without mentioning it) and then just quit, or players who go afk in the middle of a game.
That's plain impolite, and really annoys me as well. Totally agree with you there.

Still Beef, the Devs have nothing (AT ALL) to do with this.

Solution was already mentioned:
Stop waiting that long, settle for a smaller game, or look out for a sub player, and then kick. By just waiting without even having ANY clue when the player will return, people will lose way more interest in playing this game, than having one shitty 3v3 after two hours of waiting.

Have to include my shiny example:
If you got a pickup football match in the park, and one of the players would randomly disappear without saying a word, you would be mad at the player and wouldn't wait for hours without starting. You wouldn't blame the park owner or the creator of football either, right?
posted on July 17th, 2012, 6:39 am
the Devs have nothing (AT ALL) to do with this.

The devs decided to make a huge patch that takes ages to create...that's part of the problems we have...
posted on July 17th, 2012, 8:29 am
I completely agree with beserene.

Once in a while I'll hop online to play a quick game or two when I have an hour of free time.
I'll pick a 1v1 or 2v2 map and still people will enter my game and won't stop demanding a 3v3 or 4v4 and waiting for their friends who will be online in a few minutes, they promise.
That's really annoying and usually I end up leaving. On some days this happened to me like 3 times in a row. At that point I will usually have wasted around 20 minutes arguing with people that I do not want to play a 4v4 game (which end up being shite anyways because people will start whining about being in a team with inferior players and boss other people around and finally just drop out).
posted on July 17th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Drrrrrr wrote:
the Devs have nothing (AT ALL) to do with this.

The devs decided to make a huge patch that takes ages to create...that's part of the problems we have...

Why is it a problem to wait for a patch that obviously won't just fix a bug, add two more and correct a spelling-error?

And "part of the problem" it isn't either. The problem I think of when I say Fleet Operations is that armada II is a game not popular so basically only fans and collectors own it today. That's why the community is still very small and not up for filling a full program of dozens of daily games - and those who care often have better things to do in RL or play other games in the meantime.

About the long wait:

There are many examples of big companies releasing games way too early - with months of waiting for a bugfix or no official patch at all - open for a caring gaming-community to make one or to become a forgotten game noone remembers or wants to.

The FO-devs know better, even though they aren't paid for it on a regular basis.
posted on July 17th, 2012, 6:30 pm
The long lead time to the next patch is a part of the problem because players who are unhappy with the status quo of 3.2.6 just aren't playing online, which reduces the available pool.

However, it's not the first time we've had such a long gap between patches (the gap between beta 2 and 3 was even longer), so it'll all pan out in the end.
posted on July 18th, 2012, 8:04 pm
beserene, I'm not accusing the devs of anything, im merely trying to get them to start incentives for greater consideration towards other players.
posted on July 19th, 2012, 2:05 pm
Ehm Beef, that wasn't really meant for you.

Anyways, it's usually up to players. It's your decision if you want to wait an unknown amount of time, or not.
Should be common sense for everyone though, to say something before going afk, especially for how long - sadly it's not.

Still, you can't blame the park creator for the behavior of the people you invited to your game in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.
posted on July 19th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Actually in Belgium, the town orderly's are permitted to kick people out of the parks for what they themselves judge to be abhorrent behavior! :woot:

Imagine somebody jerking off completely naked in a park with his "sausage" in one hand and a bottle of baby champagne in the other? What will you say? That's it's totally natural human behavior no matter where he's doing it? :lol:

If you said yes, then I challenge you to do it in a park full of people and videotape yourself doing from start to end without somebody trying to stop you! If you succeed I promise I'll drop the subject! :thumbsup:
posted on July 20th, 2012, 6:08 am
I don't get the correlation between your example and mine. Such behavior is illegal in pretty much every country, and anywhere in public, not just in parks. And you won't get kicked, you will be arrested.

Anyways, you got the permission to kick people out of your own park as well, don't you? ;)
posted on July 20th, 2012, 6:42 am
Such behavior is illegal in pretty much every country

And you know this cause you know all the laws right? If not, don't say such things and think before you write something...
posted on July 20th, 2012, 11:23 am
AN ADDENDUM TO YOU DRRR:

Pay special attention to what he says @ 1:00!

Once again I reaffirm my request to offer people incentive to be more considerate of others - this video included.
posted on July 20th, 2012, 3:24 pm
Drrrrrr wrote:...

That is possibly the lamest and dumbest flame from you i've seen so far. Congratulations, you reached a new low, hypocritical high, and showed again that you lack any common sense.

So, let me rephrase this to a language you finally might understand: (please) stop trolling, flaming, and complaining / bitching about the developers and / or players / community of this game in every single thread. If you don't have to contribute something useful, even just the slightest, you might wanna just play a round of hide n' f*** yourself - thanks.

Anyways, back to topic.
One thing i've seen a lot recently: many people seem to host games like "nickname's game", consider changing this to whatever you want to play. Example: "team game anyone?", "3v5 merci AI bash", "beginner duel map x", etc. But of course, due the usual player base down between the patch cycle people will still ask you to play something different - can't blame them for asking at least :lol:
And about people randomly disappearing, i think everything has been said, at least i can't think of better solutions.
Anyways, if you socialize a bit, let's say on Tunngle or Teamspeak, the likelihood of people showing such behavior is very low.

Edit @ beef: nice video
posted on July 20th, 2012, 4:21 pm
beserene wrote:Edit @ beef: nice video

There is more where that came from, check out my channel (Beef1188), there you will find a no-nonsense perfect world breaking, rage rousing, angry bitch slap from hell! :hungry:

Now as for the game, well i suppose you could type down the game name "get coffee => kicked" :thumbsup: :lol:
posted on July 20th, 2012, 5:57 pm
beserene wrote:One thing i've seen a lot recently: many people seem to host games like "nickname's game"

That's the default game name when you host, a lot of the time people just can't be bothered to change the name.

if the game is open, more players are usually wanted. i try to lock mine if the the correct number are joined and everyone is ready to go. if the game is passworded then obviously you aren't welcome.

Beef wrote:Now as for the game, well i suppose you could type down the game name "get coffee => kicked" :thumbsup: :lol:

being passive aggressive can easily piss people off. it's unnecessary drama, and this is the internet, we already have more drama than the Royal Shakespeare Company, more is rarely needed.
posted on July 20th, 2012, 6:03 pm
I think naming conventions for games are the way they are is since the beginning of FO. Nothing has changed there significantly as far as I can remember. And blaming the naming convention of games for anything is absurd if you ask me. There are many other things that contribute to the problem much more...
1, 2, 3