Reinforcements have arrived

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 2:17 pm
Last edited by Optec on February 3rd, 2008, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Today we want to take a look at some of the new units and models which will arrive in the Fleet Operations v3 final release.

Click here to read this article!
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 2:40 pm
Awesome beginning to V3. Always cool when reviving an old design with new textures and slightly different model.
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 2:52 pm
I've been itching for an update, and these new models look great. I'm loving the new Excelsior II models as well.
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 4:35 pm
I love this! Can't wait *fidgets impatiently*  :thumbsup:
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 5:29 pm
Nice, especially the Miranda II.
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 6:41 pm
The new Rhienn model has some incredible detail work.  :woot:
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 6:48 pm
You guys are very very talented. Lukas arts has noting like you.  -_-
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 8:23 pm
lol ewm90 those models do look fantastic great job guys :thumbsup:
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 8:42 pm
Just curious... how far can a mod like this go? Can it be pushed forever, because it certainly does not seem that the game engine shows any signs of "aging". Or am I wrong there?  :blush:
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 8:57 pm
The Armada2 Engine is a good one which is capable of most things you need for a good looking strategy game :) and the things it cant will be added someday ;D
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 9:29 pm
Excellent! I guess there is no need to worry about anyone pulling the plug here then, whew  :D
Fleet Operations shall live for an eternity  :woot:
posted on February 3rd, 2008, 10:45 pm
great! Brilliant!
Will be better though once we got to PLAY!
In anticipation!
posted on February 4th, 2008, 8:26 am
It goes without saying that the models in those pics are fantastic! I love the K'beajQ; its looks just like its predecessor (as it would if they share components), yet at the same time you can instantly tell them apart thanks to the engine glow colour and the module on its back (good thinking there). The Miranda II looks quite cool too (as does her abilities), and the new Rheinn...i think breathtaking is the only word that covers it (though the Disruptor-refit's passive confuses me a bit; does it cause more damage the longer it remains in a battle?).

btw; the weapon from that borg cube is stunning!. B) Is that a holding beam or a normal beam weapon?
posted on February 4th, 2008, 10:25 am
Yep, thats a normal Borg Beam Weapon, the Holding Beam looks a little different :)

The Rhienns passive ability allows her to deal increased damage with the first volley she fires when opening combat. That underlines some interesting hit-and-run tactics :)
posted on February 4th, 2008, 11:23 am
Normally I don't like Miranda models with slices cut out of the back, but your one looks great, and it has the rollbar! :woot:

I like the new pseudo-K'Tinga design as well. Whilst I agree with Bernd Schneider that we should ignore the K'Tinga model used in Enterprise (which was later claimed to be a VFX error), that would still make the basic design at least 150 years old. Scheider also quivels that the D7 in VOY: Prophecy is represented on-screen by a K'Tinga model (whereas the D7 in DS9: Trails and Tribble-ations is in fact a D7 model), complaining that if it's a K'Tinga (even though the script calls for a D7 and the K'Tinga model was clearly just a VFX error, much like the Ent-D firing a phaser from its torpedo launcher in TNG: Darmok), that the line about them being 'decomissioned years ago' makes no sense. But again, the ship was intended to be a D7, not a K'Tinga, so why Schneider continues complaining about it I don't know...

Still, the basic D7 design, which was apparantly refitted to the K'Tinga design possibly around the same as the Constitution refit and perhaps in response to it, or even the other way around (the Constitution refit being a response to the K'Tinga), is still at least 150 years old, so I agree with the decision to, at the very least, change the model a bit. Looks great by the way... :thumbsup:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5