Fleet Operations issued in GameStar magazine

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on April 18th, 2011, 6:11 pm
Congrats guys, you realy deserve it!
posted on April 18th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Nice! well done guys  :thumbsup:
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Denarius wrote:Look at sins of a solar empire.
No campaign, but still is a full fledged game.
A campaign isn't a requirement anymore. As long as the gameplay is good.
Gameplay, my man, is everything. Without descent mechanics and good gameplay a game will be just another game which will get lost in memory.

Thats debatable not everyone has internet and not everyone has internet that they can play online games.

So no... not really.
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Kestrel wrote:Still needs campaign missions before it can be called a fully fledged game.

Thanks, Sergeant Buzzkill :D.
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:08 pm
Kestrel wrote:Thats debatable not everyone has internet and not everyone has internet that they can play online games.

So no... not really.

that's not true. there are games that are sp focused and are called full games, there are games that are mp only and are also full games. i dont like wow, but its mp focused but its a full game. lacking a good sp doesnt make a game less than a game, it just means its focused on mp.

fleetops is currently about mp, i consider it worth of calling a game, since its changed so much from vanilla.
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:13 pm
Yea I think flops is a game, honestly its nothing like A2 vanilla and that is awesome  :D
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:16 pm
i wonder if it didnt require vanilla a2 to install would people even realise its based on vanilla. i mean so much has changed. top down rts is pretty common as a game type. and the interface has changed quite a bit, as have units and weapons and stuff.
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:26 pm
You have problems... be happy about your lives and that Fleet Ops got attention.
posted on April 20th, 2011, 9:28 pm
I'm happy with my life, but yea if you didn't need the original game and if it didn't have it in the title it might be very difficult to see where this game came from
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 10:40 pm
if it goes on like this, it will be the best ever made mod game for a while  ^-^
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 11:15 pm
haha... I wouldn't push it that far. FleetOps is a master piece of its own but there are still more successful mods out there such as CounterStrike, DotA and others. Now do you think you could start comparing Fleet Ops with those mods? I don't want to start on that - I love FleetOps too much to make a penis comparison out of it. If the CD issue could be solved and and publicity on major player base resources could be reached FleetOps could become one superior mod. It certainly is superior for Star Trek Gaming - but that fact is quite weak.
posted on April 23rd, 2011, 11:29 pm
Hehe, and this is what the next patches are for - to bring Fleet Ops more and more penis-envy :D
posted on April 24th, 2011, 12:03 am
Dunno Jan, ive seen alot of modz, but non of them had so much new ideeas, gameplay, balance and graphikz in modded. Look at WarcraftIII, a lot has been done, like funmodz or simply jokemodz which are funny for sure. But at least they didnt reach on to build a fan community. Im not familiar with modz for counter strike and stuff like that at all. Are  they any good? what did change? graphic, gameplay? maybe i should inform myself... anyway i just luuv fleetopz  :innocent:
posted on April 24th, 2011, 12:21 am
counter strike was big, it was a mod of half life at first, then it became its own game. its a shootemup, it got good popularity by being fun for multiplayer, while half life had a good single player.

counter strike was a good mod, but they are vastly different in type and audience, hard to compare.
posted on April 25th, 2011, 6:03 pm
Well - The best way to say, what I would say is in german: Weiter so!!
1, 2, 3, 4