Fleet Operations 3.2.6

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on December 11th, 2011, 10:47 pm
I see 3.2.7 coming soon.  :lol:

Great to see some more development on this even if it's just a minor bug fix patch. Thanks guys.  :thumbsup:
posted on December 12th, 2011, 12:38 am
Andre27 wrote:4.0 scheduled to arrive tomorrow..

how true is this
posted on December 12th, 2011, 2:01 am
CaptainKiller wrote:how true is this

I wish i had an inside scoop, but truthfully the next patch will be done when it's done and given that we just received a hotfix i doubt we can expect the next patch this month.
Xanto
posted on December 12th, 2011, 2:07 am
Hope the next big patch comes soon, I come here everyday just to check...  :lol:
posted on December 12th, 2011, 5:02 am
Yeah, if the patch was coming soon, they wouldn't have bothered to release a hotfix.
posted on December 12th, 2011, 10:48 am
fleetops was a christmas present last year, there's still half a month until xmas, maybe they're gonna show up that fat bastard santa again :P
posted on December 12th, 2011, 10:58 am
Last edited by DOCa Cola on December 12th, 2011, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf_S wrote:Version 3.2.6 seems buggy!

After installing the patch, I cannot change the colour oft the directional lightning in the map editor. I can only use white light sources now and that's very boring :((. Is there anyone who can help me to fix that problem?

this is the only bug in 3.2.6 compared to 3.2.5. i accidentally based 3.2.6 on a 3.2.5 revision that still had this bug. when 3.2.5 was released i had this exact bug in the first version. someone noticed quite early right after release and i uploaded a fixed version. :P but still, had still the faulty revision tagged as 3.2.5 release version

a 3.2.6 wasn't planned to ever appear anyway, but the tunngle api change 'forced' me to :)
posted on December 12th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Xanto wrote:Hope the next big patch comes soon, I come here everyday just to check...  :lol:

Not too soon, but soon™ :P
posted on December 12th, 2011, 5:45 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:a 3.2.6 wasn't planned to ever appear anyway, but the tunngle api change 'forced' me to :)

So the next patch will be 3.3 then? Or 4.0?
posted on December 12th, 2011, 6:23 pm
ray320 wrote:So the next patch will be 3.3 then? Or 4.0?

i think 3.3.0 is next, that's what i've been using for the bug thread and they havnt changed it.

the beta version of fpqedit has 3.3.0 as its version, so i'm assuming the game will share the number.

version numbers are rather flexible, they could easily justify 3.3.0, 3.5.0 or 4.0.0 judging by the presumably large amount of changes coming in race redos.
posted on December 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm
You should have seen my face when I saw a new release post here after checking every day for the last couple of months. Alas, t'was but a minor patch.
I'll resume lurking for the next major update. Cheerio, hope to hear from you again soon.
posted on December 12th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Loskene wrote:You should have seen my face when I saw a new release post here after checking every day for the last couple of months. Alas, t'was but a minor patch.
I'll resume lurking for the next major update. Cheerio, hope to hear from you again soon.

maybe doca could reinstate the policy of emailing on new patches. i thought that was a good thing. maybe it could be done by mailing list that you opt in for, so that people don't have to receive it.
Xanto
posted on December 13th, 2011, 12:28 am
Terra_Inc wrote:Not too soon, but soon™ :P

But not soon enough, I'm afraid... :P
posted on December 13th, 2011, 10:17 am
Last edited by kainalu on December 13th, 2011, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myles wrote:maybe doca could reinstate the policy of emailing on new patches. i thought that was a good thing. maybe it could be done by mailing list that you opt in for, so that people don't have to receive it.

WANT!

Im here every day anyway, but I would sure as sh@! get here sooner if my email pinged me when the patch is released.

I just hope that this version plays nice with Linux. I will cry tears of utter desolation if my favorite game's support gets hosed again and I cant see all the shiny new toys the forum will be griping are sooooo inbalanced.  :crybaby:  :lol:
posted on December 13th, 2011, 11:27 am
Myles wrote:maybe doca could reinstate the policy of emailing on new patches. i thought that was a good thing.

i only do that when i think it is worth to put an email out :) usually for major versions or patches with a lot of important changes. other than that i think the integrated online check works well enough for that purpose :)
1, 2, 3