Beta 3: Norway Class & Veqlaragh Class

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on November 30th, 2003, 2:02 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on November 30th, 2003, 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As already mentioned every race will get new units via the Avatar feature. In Beta3 there will be 2 Avatars for each races, which will give you 2 special units besides some overall bonuses like reduced construction times or new special abilities.

Click here to read this article!
posted on November 30th, 2003, 4:51 pm
Last edited by DOCa Cola on November 30th, 2003, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How did you do those 3d models... that is amazing, what kind of programs did you use. i love the norway class, will you eventualy do this with all he models? BOOOH... house of duras!
posted on November 30th, 2003, 5:25 pm
The Norway class! Finally!

I already missed it. The only First Contact ship class that couldn't be found in FO!

Hooray! :D
posted on November 30th, 2003, 6:58 pm
Was this talked about anywhere else on the forum? I've been gone for a while. Can't wait for b3
posted on November 30th, 2003, 7:58 pm
How did you do those 3d models... that is amazing, what kind of programs did you use. i love the norway class, will you eventualy do this with all he models? BOOOH... house of duras!

3dstudiomax and macromedia director was used

DOCa Cola
posted on November 30th, 2003, 8:09 pm
I was hoping for warp in Excelsior or Ambassador classes. For some reason, I really dislike the Excelsior 2 with 3 deflector dishes... So similar to the Sovereign.. :(
NieKnight
posted on December 1st, 2003, 4:34 pm
nice once again well done to the fleet ops team
posted on December 1st, 2003, 5:02 pm
i agree, nice infos, esp. the 3d view is very cool !
posted on December 1st, 2003, 9:45 pm
I was hoping for warp in Excelsior or Ambassador classes. For some reason, I really dislike the Excelsior 2 with 3 deflector dishes... So similar to the Sovereign.. :(

I wouldn't mind a Ambassador class as a warp in ship you get with an avatar. :D
posted on December 1st, 2003, 11:19 pm
LOL.. but I have one question, will the Norway class be a warp in vessel or a construction vessel? becasue the Norway class is pretty old.... And I still want Excelsior (NCC-2000) to be on the game!! :P
posted on December 1st, 2003, 11:42 pm
Last edited by Bubba91873 on December 1st, 2003, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do have to say that after seeing pics of new starships for the Armada series seince November of 2001, that is the first time I have ever seen anyone use the "Shockwave" player to show off new models.
Thats very coooollll of you guys to do that and very niiiiiice I might add too.
It would be good to see the Enterprise E with Picard in as an avatar for the Feds or perhaps as a "weapon".What I mean is you can use the Cardassian Quantum Singularity effect classlabel to "warp in" the Enterprise to help you.Equip this ship with a Warp Bubble and a few other goodies.

I dont consider the Norway class to be outdated for this mod at all.In fact it's pretty classy and I planned on adding Deemons version into it anyway.

BTW Optec, I almost have the Star Wars Imperial side from Fleet Command fully integrated into FO now.I just need to do the Buttons and wireframes and add the sounds for them.Weapons are already done.
I can add one race a week to FO if I had more time to do it.About 10 more to go... :wacko:
NieKnight
posted on December 2nd, 2003, 8:20 am
is'nt it funney how people mod a game to make it suit them and now people are moddind a mod? lol
posted on December 2nd, 2003, 11:01 am
Last edited by Bubba91873 on December 2nd, 2003, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stranger things have happened my friend. :D

Shockwave was 450megs in size and took about 18months of work by myself mostly.The addon for it is around 150megs but I decided not to continue that project and start adding all the new races I have to Fleet Ops cause I like the game system they have put together.
Optec and his team should take this as a compliment.

I have spent alot of time examining FO and I want to use all the materials in my possesion to continue my modding with FO.I have many freinds in both the StarFleet Command and Armada communities and I have access to alot of cool stuff.
My knowledge of A2 is very extensive and I am an original member of the Warlords that includes Westworld, Major Payne, Quevey, Captain Future, Straxus, Ben Maxwell, Terrydyhne, EMH of Borg, Dawn.

Just to let you know. ;)

Anyway Optec, I really like how things are shaping up for Beta 3 and wish you luck!
posted on December 5th, 2003, 3:23 am
looks great :D I can't wait. (really)

when will we get the Noxter TT . :D
NieKnight
posted on December 5th, 2003, 3:52 pm
they are working on it & beta 3 & the upkeep of the site & eating, drinking, sleeping & haveing a social life & doing what they like on the compter & doing other teck trees so...
1, 2