10th anniversary

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on May 23rd, 2013, 10:41 pm
Congreatulations guys. You have done a tremendous job. Good luck for the future.
posted on June 1st, 2013, 11:17 pm
I am realy new in this community. You made a good game here.

But what I really really miss in this game :blush: is the amount of nebulas and map Objects with theyr srategical function in this game. Like moving Asteroid fields, neutral Species Ships defending some key positions and some unmand ships and Stations on the map which you can bring to your Base to repair and integrate into your Fleet. As in Star Trek Armada I. It was such a nice feeling to temp someones Fleet with some under numbered ships into pink nebula and strike them out with your hidden Fleet inside. Or to disable the engines of some Enemy ships with the Federation Steamrunner Artillerie Ship to Smash them into a black whole.

But a great respect, especially for the elaborate balancing and less error-prone multiplayer performance.
I think this game will take hours and hours and months of my life ^^

Congratulations for that and the 10 years of game history :thumbsup: Not many games and developers make it so long to inspire their followers as you did ; )
And thank you for the possibility to play this game. At last.. it is the best game of the Armada series whith these combination of Gameplay quality and much more important... playability :D
posted on July 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm
Woohoo!! Go Fleetops!!! Love the game, can't wait to get a new computer and actually play it without lag every 5 seconds.
posted on July 11th, 2013, 3:56 pm
Epsilon_Reh wrote:I am realy new in this community. You made a good game here.

But what I really really miss in this game :blush: is the amount of nebulas and map Objects with theyr srategical function in this game. Like moving Asteroid fields, neutral Species Ships defending some key positions and some unmand ships and Stations on the map which you can bring to your Base to repair and integrate into your Fleet. As in Star Trek Armada I. It was such a nice feeling to temp someones Fleet with some under numbered ships into pink nebula and strike them out with your hidden Fleet inside. Or to disable the engines of some Enemy ships with the Federation Steamrunner Artillerie Ship to Smash them into a black whole.

welcome.

map objects: haven't been removed from the game, they can still be put on maps when making a map using the editor. they aren't popular among the online players, so the lack of maps with them is due to a lack of voiced demand. you can still have empty ships/stations and ai neutrals (will attack everyone) on the map.

nebulae: again, when making a map you can add these. map makers tend not to spam them as they slow down computers, and can mess with balance if done improperly. also the mutara nebula still exists.

moving asteroids were in armada 1, not armada 2.

black holes are gone afaik. and good riddance. instant death is a pants game mechanic. engine disabling still exists. and there are nebulae that give damage.

so basically a lot of this stuff you are nostalgic over can still be put in maps, they just aren't really wanted (feel free to try change people's minds on that by making good maps with unusual features.
posted on July 11th, 2013, 5:27 pm
Myles wrote:black holes are gone afaik. and good riddance. instant death is a pants game mechanic. engine disabling still exists. and there are nebulae that give damage.

I agree that the instant death thing was silly, but I really liked how the black holes would slowly draw engineless starships to their destruction. It made for a more interesting battleground since weapons that could disable systems became more dangerous.
posted on September 8th, 2013, 3:19 am
I have used this mod since the first version and it's great, contributed a small amount of money too! The only request from me would be to include the Cardassians someday :D . I wish Activision would just get over it and release the source code so we can have a good upgrade since they have abandoned the game. Anyway keep up the great work!
posted on September 9th, 2013, 7:40 pm
bigpooh wrote:I have used this mod since the first version and it's great, contributed a small amount of money too! The only request from me would be to include the Cardassians someday :D . I wish Activision would just get over it and release the source code so we can have a good upgrade since they have abandoned the game. Anyway keep up the great work!

They indeed will be added down the road but ofcourse in a limited fashion.
1, 2, 3