Void: Fed Starter Ship

Question: What Federation ship do you wan't to start with?

Total votes: 51
Prometheus15 votes (29%)
Akira23 votes (45%)
Luna7 votes (14%)
Avalon5 votes (10%)
Other (post comment plz)1 votes (2%)
1, 2, 3
posted on March 26th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Well, Simple question really, what ship would the comunity like to see as the federation starter ship?

Note: For info about the mod see here:
Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - Mod Announcement: Star Trek: The Void
posted on March 26th, 2012, 9:01 pm
Akira for sure. It's my favorite Fed ship next to the Excelsior.  :thumbsup:
posted on March 26th, 2012, 9:03 pm
akira by elimination, i'd feel stupid with something associated with riker, and i'm not a fan of the prommie. avalon is a carrier, i'd rather have something generalist for starting off. then again avalon is much higher tech than akira.
posted on March 26th, 2012, 9:20 pm
i think he just means what model would you like to control not ships stats and "role" in relation to fleetops.
posted on March 26th, 2012, 9:22 pm
cyrax88 wrote:i think he just means what model would you like to control not ships stats and "role" in relation to fleetops.

Ah yes yes, invaribly speaking. The ballence model has already been selected, so really the only thing being chosen is what model you want, should have been clearer on that. :blush:
posted on March 26th, 2012, 10:49 pm
The only problem is that the akira is not an exploration ship.  I would go with the Luna as it is like a science version of the akira.  Your starter unit should have some scouting value. IMO 
posted on March 27th, 2012, 12:29 am
intrepid for me as its my fav cannon fed ship (either that or a freedom class)
posted on March 27th, 2012, 1:46 am
Pretty much the same reasoning as Myles.

So i would go for the Akira, or cannon wise for the intrepid.

On the other hand: it depends heavily on enemy vessels though, if you give klingons a Vorcha, i would go for the Akira. If you go for something larger i would really tend to Galaxy / Sovereign, etc...

But please no Prometheus, Luna or Avalon, they feel kinda missplaced.
posted on March 27th, 2012, 4:16 am
Prometheus.. 3 better than one....
posted on March 27th, 2012, 7:59 pm
I'd say take a Remore, because a support ship of higher tech should be very interesting.
posted on March 27th, 2012, 8:02 pm
RedEyedRaven wrote:I'd say take a Remore, because a support ship of higher tech should be very interesting.

I personaly love the remore, but with the high levels of combat you get in this mod i didn't think it'd be fitting for the list, but oh well. Akira will most likly win, but expect the remore to apear in another fashon.
posted on March 28th, 2012, 12:40 am
I went for the Luna because it is the nicest looking of the options (to me at least).

Akira would be a good choice from a back story perspective - lots of torpedoes and fighter bays.

I look forward to seeing the Remore in its "other fashion"
posted on March 28th, 2012, 11:38 am
what's the point of having both luna and akira in the poll, they're the same ship anyway :P
posted on March 28th, 2012, 12:30 pm
Myles wrote:what's the point of having both luna and akira in the poll, they're the same ship anyway :P

what "replacement" would you recommend then Myles?
posted on March 28th, 2012, 12:39 pm
Ensign Expendable wrote:what "replacement" would you recommend then Myles?

i dunno, anything with a canon design over the luna (luna is only canon by name). even some fanmade stuff would be cool, like the miranda 2 or the canav.
1, 2, 3