Tryptic's Mod 2.5

1, 2
posted on October 9th, 2016, 3:40 am
Last edited by Tryptic on October 22nd, 2016, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here it is guys. After many, many hours there are still lots of things I have planned for the future, most notably:

Canaveral changes
Norway changes
Norexan changes
Hotkeys for Klingon and Romulan races
New Starbase upgrades
Borg economy redo

and lots of other stuff.

BUT!!! For now, Tryptic's Mod 2.5 is out! I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped me with ideas and testing, and who told me to keep working on it. Now you guys can get out there and find more bugs for me to fix :thumbsup:

Here is the download link, and there is also a download on TeamSpeak. If anyone has problems with it, you guys have full permission to share the files or upload them to other sites for download. Just don't mess with them or take credit or anything.

http://ge.tt/6Khfw1J1

EDIT: Tryptic's Mod 2.5b is now out. I'm in the process of moving my files over to MediaFire so that they will be easier for people to get

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y5v9ak ... Operations
posted on October 9th, 2016, 4:37 pm
In a couple games today it didn't seem like the random disables from Sabers were working.

Also, Borg intercept torps draining one crew each seems horribly, horribly op.
posted on October 9th, 2016, 5:30 pm
I forgot to update the tooltip for Disruptive Strikes. The chance to disable is based on the size of the ship with the passive so the Saber has the weakest version. You'll need over 10 of them to consistently get enough disables to shut down a target.

These chances are all experimental, so if you guys find it too weak or too strong let me know. I'm planning to do at least one round of balance tweaks.
posted on October 9th, 2016, 7:16 pm
The borg intercept assimilation is completely bonkers op.

The Veqlaragh tooltip is broken and I couldn't upgrade one to vet.

I'm not sure if the random disables would be a good idea even if they worked, because 10 sabers isn't really that much and high-priority shutdown targets where it's enough to disrupt the systems of just one ship constantly are on field relatively often.
posted on October 11th, 2016, 3:32 pm
For Feds:

* The "mixed-tech refit icon" is somewhat confusing. Works for all ships in a group, but has the icon of only one of them.

* The activation icon for the mixed-tech Akira's "Tetryon-Photon Torpedo" special is missing. The spot is still clickable though.

* I'm not sure whether it's Fed early game being slower, or the various buffs applied to Romulans (especially Warbirds), or the improved AI, but I had to go from no build time handicap to 1.35 build time handicap in my usual AI bash game. Notably, I was finding that the early attack waves from the Romulans were twice as large as previously, and including Warbirds much sooner.

* Teutoburg -- perhaps some more details about this? It seems to be starting fights normally enough, but turns into a torpedo-spewing hellbeast after a certain point. Also, cannot be promoted to Veteran.

Edit: Revised the first point after re-reading and properly understanding how the mixed-tech refit system works.
posted on October 11th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Re: the Akira and refits

Thanks for catching the Akira missing button. All of the buttons were a bit finicky but I have a plan to fix them and I might even get some assistance creating new buttons :thumbsup:

Re: the AI
In this version of Tryptic's Mod I changed the AI difficulty numbers so the three difficulties are different. I'll post the exact numbers in the changelog thread soon. In general they're set a bit harder than they were before though, not to mention the build orders are completely redone from 3.2.7

Re: the Teutoburg
The current version of the teutoburg is an experiment of mine. It starts out firing slowly and then accelerates. Unfortunately this resets when the ship ranks up and people have generally given me the feedback that I should change it. My idea for the next version which I will put in version 2.6 will have high damage, terrible accuracy, and a special ability that it uses on a single enemy target that causes all torpedoes fired at that target to hit. If the code works properly, I think it could be really fun and useful.
posted on October 11th, 2016, 10:11 pm
Two other things to report for now:

* Remore: Tooltip for mixed-tech version still has Vector Calculation on it.
* Experimental yard: F6 doesn't work as hotkey to build it. Also, while the buttons for starting the various researches are seen and work properly, the icons for them in the build queue don't show up.

There are a bunch more tooltip issues that I'll report on when I get time to write them down properly.

And three more comments:

* Akira: I'm liking the idea that the mixed-tech refit is a more of a sidegrade than a pure upgrade, as the stats difference isn't that great and the increased focus on torpedo damage makes it more suitable against large / fixed target. Exception is for Veteran Akiras, which should all be refitted due to the shield-penetrating torpedo.
* Teutoburg: I rather like the current version. Reset on rank-up affects a great many things (I've lost a bunch of units over the years to a Descent ranking up and being locked out of Shield Reset for 10 seconds, for example), so it doesn't really bother me. Maybe make the minimum delay a bit longer.
Remore: I love the changes. Antimatter Mine is useful, especially after the mixed-tech upgrade, making for a real choice as to how to spend its special energy.

Edit: And I apologize for not saying this earlier: thank you for your work on this mod! The work really is appreciated.
posted on October 16th, 2016, 5:01 am
just an FYI, GE.TT :o is throwing up all kinds of malware warnings in my browsers. :blink:
posted on October 16th, 2016, 2:21 pm
I keep getting false malware reports for downloads. Please host on a different site.
posted on October 16th, 2016, 7:28 pm
Alright, I'll look for another one. The main reasons I like ge.tt are because it lets me upload in albums and because it tells me how many times something is downloaded. Do you guys know of any other sites that let you do this?
posted on October 19th, 2016, 6:53 am
Well I guess I would suggest just hosting it in a git repo at gitlab.com or some similar service. Would make it way easier for people to log issues/suggestions also
posted on October 21st, 2016, 5:11 am
The patch notes thread is referring to a 2.5b. Is this available anywhere?
posted on October 21st, 2016, 12:30 pm
2.5b will be out tonight.

In light of a rather large change to the Romulan tech tree, I decided to do a test version for the Norexan. So, in 2.5b the Helev Norexan will be the new version while Mijurial will have the old.
posted on October 22nd, 2016, 7:53 pm
2.5b is out!

All of a sudden I'm getting feedback and changing things, little things, so there may be a lot of small releases soon. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

2.5b is a test version, especially for the Romulans. I have created a new Norexan design, and right now Helev has the new version while Mijurial has the old one. If you guys could try them out and let me know what you think, it would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
posted on October 22nd, 2016, 10:06 pm
Out where?

Suggestion: make the icons for the two klingon sensor stations distinct. I've built the wrong one now a couple times cause I can't remember which one is which.
1, 2