The STA2_Generational Mod

posted on March 24th, 2013, 9:08 pm
Last edited by Je_mezu24 on March 26th, 2013, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About The: STA2_Generational Mod:

All my mod is about is keeping the stock A2 Campaigns in the game, the removal of all of the tutorials and replacing them with standalone Mission Maps that I've given Objectives to, don't yet know if the Objectives actually get completed or not yet but they're supposed to play like a campaign that you select the mission you want to do.

The Instant Action (and hopefully the Multiplayer) playable parts of the game is/(are) where the Generational features of the mod are supposed to take place for the person/AI playing the game.

That's mostly everything. The stock mission maps are the same, I have placed extra ships and stations on some of them though. I have also added more playable maps to the game as well.

The Races Involved (directly from the races.odf file):
Code: Select all
numberOfRaces = 16
race0 = "borg.odf"
race1 = "fed.odf"
race2 = "kling.odf"
race3 = "rom.odf"
race4 = "card.odf" //Dominion Alliance: Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Vorta, Breen & Son'a
race5 = "tpact.odf" //Typhon Pact: Tholians, Gorn & Breen
race6 = "reman.odf"
// This is for a certain Reman special weapon & now a full race too
race7 = "terran.odf" //Terran Empire
race8 = "alliance.odf" //Klingon-Cardassian Alliance
race9 = "vulcan.odf"
race10 = "hirogen.odf"
race11 = "suliban.odf"
race12 = "species8472.odf"
race13 = "ferengi.odf" // Playable
race14 = "orion.odf" //Not Playable Taking place of the stock Ferengi
// This one is 'uninhabited' for Planets & certain ships
race15 = "norace.odf"

Many of the following posts will be involving and asking questions that will be asking and seeking helpful information to complete this mod. In another thread I started for this mod, there was a large amount of qustions that I have already posted. and many of the them have gotten some answers that I am looking into thanks to rifraf.

Thanks to some of those answers, I will be amending my questions and subtracting some well maybe also adding more if I am still confused about something.

**And before anyone says anything, if I am posting a question and looking for an answer, it is because I have already looked through other mods and even FleetOps' ODF files and if doing that has left more questions than answers, then that is why I'm posting a question about it. Asking/telling me to look at how it is done in FleetOps and other mods as an answer is not going to be helpful since I have already done that. I hope that is easy to understand. :) **
posted on March 25th, 2013, 11:40 pm
Some Important Background Information:

Races with Generational Features:
1. The United Federation of Planets
2. The Klingon Empire
3. The Romulan Star Empire

The generational features begin in the Star Trek Enterprise Era and work their way up to the Post-Star Trek Nemesis Era (this will include the Star Trek Online era, 2409).

The Borg have a generational setup but they aren't as strong. Instead, a few ships are set in the ENT, TOS, TMP, and the TLE Eras, but they are slightly stronger than the ships and stations of the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans. By the TNG and future eras, the Borg are stronger. Pretty much they have higher hull HP and stronger shielding than the stock Borg ships ever did. A normal number of ships will not be able to deal major damage to the Borg.

More about the STA2_Generational Mod's Borg:
The new base (bbase1.odf ) for the Borg is the Unicomplex, it is their strongest and most deadliest station in existence. In testing this facility, five 16 ship fleets of the Federation's Sovereign-class even armed with Transphasic Torpedoes were wiped out. I know some would possibly consider this unbalanced, but it seemed to be the only way to make the Borg as strong as they were in Star Trek canon. Of course if anyone has any better idea to make the Borg more like canon, I'd like to hear them.

Non-Generational Races:
1. Species 8472
2. The Vulcans
3. The Remans
4. The Ferengi
5. The Terran Empire (just a mixture of Federation and some Terran ships available)
6. The Klingon-Cardassian Alliance (doesn't act like an alliance)
7. The Hirogen
8. The Suliban
9. The "No Race" race also holds some unique ships and stations.
10. The Orions

Alliance-Like Races:
1. The Dominion Alliance (Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Breen, & Son'a)
2. The Typhon Pact (Gorn, Tholians, & Breen)
These two races are the only two in the game set as a Multi-Race Group. I still haven't fully figured out how the races in this form should be building their ships and stations, should it be as a group or separately by race Techtrees?
posted on March 26th, 2013, 11:30 pm
After some careful consideration, I have decided to cancel the stock STA2 version of the STA2_Generational Mod in favor of the FleetOps version to utilize the unique FleetOps features.

More info to follow.
posted on December 11th, 2013, 1:26 pm
Please tell us you have made progress on this great project?
posted on December 11th, 2013, 11:42 pm
yeah what progress have you made so far, sounds like a mod I would definitely play
posted on December 24th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Find more info about The: STA2_Generational Mod here:

http://jemezu24sta2modding.jimdo.com/