The Destroyers: War of the ages

1, 2
posted on October 7th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Last edited by Destroyer92 on August 13th, 2013, 5:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The download has moved to my website: http://firstofficered.webs.com I will still be providing change logs and notes, but this is where the new downloads will be.

This is what I've been able to work on so far.

Version: 0.35

The Destroyers:
Has 2 Avatars, Marcus and Marlene Cantrell, Tod's only womb-born children. Marcus focuses on offence while Marlene focuses on defense.

Uses lasers, torpedoes, and one missile. Advanced Photomon Torpedoes are standard only on larger ships. Smaller ships need to upgrade for them.

Customizable ships override the APT rules, and can equip a ship with larger weapons, for a price. The ships cant 'rank up', except for maybe 1 rank, though I'm not 100% sure. Different modules modify different stats.

New Alpha ships, more powerful counterparts to the normal ships. Includes the Haze Mark-1 and Haze Mark-3. These will become available as a non-ranking, buildable ship, or as an upgrade of the normal ships.

Current ships available;
Code: Select all
Lark Class Construction Ship
Romana Class freighter
Mustang Class scout
Defender Class destroyer (Base ship only)
Haze Mark-1 Cruiser (Basic ship only)
D.S.S. Morte Navi

Weapons available:
Laser Cannon (Fast and Normal)
Archer Missile
Type-3 Target Seeking Chaingun
Type-4 Minigun (Morte Navi only)

Stations available: (Marlene only)
Outpost
Mining Station
Shipyard
Customization Yard
Ammo Depot (Marlene specific station)

The TCF:
Has 4 Factions;
The Vega: a steampunk style group.
The Carnegie: A group focused on the industrial side of things. They dont mine, and must have their building materials brought in from the other factions
The Attrition: A militaristic group that focused most of its funds on technology. Their stuff costs twice as much, but they have strong hulls and powerful weapons.
The Sci-Corp: A group focused more on researching the enemies weakness then attacking it. These guys are the most tech savy, and their ships and weapons show it. The ships they use repair quickly, have more powerful weapons then the Attrition, and can see farther. Downside: not too many ships. They are the support group of the TCF. They can also research Prototype ships and give them to other players. Dont lose it.

Currently has 5 ships available;
Richardson Class Construction Ship
Frederick Class Mining Ship
York Class Destroyer
Nevada Class Destroyer
Washington Class Destroyer
Wolf Class Frigate
Mars Class Cruiser

Weapons for each faction;
Machine Gun (Vega Primary)
Auto Cannon (Carnegie Primary)
Laser Cannon (Attrition Primary)
Plasma Cannon (Sci-Corp Primary. Has a chance to start a Plasma Fire)
Dagger Missile (Vega/Carnegie Secondary)
Elmwood Torpedo (Attrition/Sci-Corp Secondary)

Has very few stations available; (Trying to make more)
Outpost
[s]Mining Station[/s] (Not available)
[s]Research Center[/s] (Not available)

TCF recieve NPP (Neutral Phased Particals) from research stations used by The Attrition and Sci-Corp. This is used for any ship that is a cruiser and up. If the others get it, for any reason, they can sell it at their outpost, or give it to other players in multiplayer.

The Hunters: (Not avalable right now)
Currently an NPC faction. Planning on making an entire playable race, or just cannon fodder to play against. No shields, but powerful weapons and fast regeneration rates.
Current ships available: :rolleyes:
Bee Scout
Wasp Destroyer
Mosquito Cruiser

Current Weapons:
Biruptors (Bio-Disruptors)
Acid Torpedo - No damage, but throws acid onto the hull of ships

Todo:
Destroyers:
Custom ships and new modules)
Distress Beacon
Prism Station (Marcus specific station)

TCF:
Mining Station (Remake)
Research Center (Remake)
Shipyard
Distress Beacon

All Faction notes:
All weapons are categorized with individual weapons having separate ODFs. Ordinance is virtually the same on each weapon type. Seriously, if you have a group of weapons given to a bunch of ships, the yield isn't gonna change unless upgraded by an outside source.

Ships will have a damaging explosion, but I'm still trying to work it out.

Veteran Rank is under consideration. May be only a Destroyer thing. Possibly gonna be Cartoonization, a serum that Tod is developing that turns Humans into cartoon characters. Will probably increase repair rate, fire speed, etc., and will probably give ships the ability to use 'hammer space' to pull new things into existence. Note: voices will be changed depending on the ships in question. Can be reversed, but will lose the veteran rank. Warning: Cartoonization is UNSTABLE! Use with caution.

Still using the old models, though I have a few planned for the TCF and Destroyers. I'm using the 8472 ships from Armada II in order to show the Hunters, but will change them when I can. Cant wait to use the Textures from Adm. Zaxxon. Thanks again, Admiral.

Hunters are postponed for the time being.

TCF will be using a new system. This is similer to the Destroyers, but modifies actual models. This system lets TCF players modify their ships to fit roles. Modifiable sections are Command, (The primary section) Hull, (The larger section that determines its true role) and the Engine. (Provides power and speed)

Development is extremely slow right now. This is not due to waiting for the next version. Rather, this is due to me working on other projects, namely animation and Lets Plays. See my channel for more.http://www.youtube.com/user/firstofficered

Current focus: TCF - Ships

Current Goal: Models, Customization

Any questions?
posted on October 7th, 2012, 6:59 pm
sounds really good do you know when its going to be released :)
posted on October 7th, 2012, 7:20 pm
Well, give me a bit to finish then compress it. I am still working on it, so its not complete.
posted on October 7th, 2012, 8:34 pm
Last edited by Destroyer92 on August 13th, 2013, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Beta has been moved. See the first post for information.

Couple of notes:
Single player was re-enabled, but is unused.
Most of the models are stock FO. The new models are mine. DO NOT STEAL!
The Avatar images are the stock from Fleet Ops. I have been trying to make my own, but no luck, as I have no look for the Avatars yet.
The TCF Avatars are mislabeled.
Some of the Destroyer weapon icons aren't showing, working on that.
Some ships may be overpowered, some underpowered, and some just plain cannon fodder.
Fighters are only available to the Defender for now.
Only 2 ships are customizable; the Haze Mark-1 and the Defender.
You will see a lot of red 'X's, This is intentional, as I don't have images yet.
Some images are unused, and some need work.
The original factions (Federation, Klingon, etc.) are used for testing.
The TCF has no AI right now. The Destroyers do, but is quite rudimentary.
I included the voices I made for the Excelsior II. They were rejected due to the mic I use.

If you have any problems, let me know. Remember, this is a beta, it isn't ready for any release and is tailored to me right now.
If you like, let me know.

-Destroyer92

Edit: Heres the most current version. (This will be moved to the first page soon)
I've reworked almost everything and am working on some new items.

Models added:
*Mustang Class: Destroyer Scout. Has perfect performence for a scout and a red/white paintjob. Armed with a small gun. Not good against other ships, but good against fighters.
*Photomon Torpedo: Basic Destroyer torpedo. Need to add a glow, but it works for now.

Renamed:
*Destroyer Construction ship --> Lark Class
*Destroyer Freighter --> Romana Class

Other Changes:
*Destroyer Mining Beam is now invisable.
*Only one Haze Mark-1 is available. (for now until I can rewrite the others)
*Haze Mark-3 is unavailable for testing.

Notes:
*Current version should say 0.4. I forgot to change it before submitting it.
*Removed many Destroyer items for rewrite and rebalance.
*Destroyer Avatar Marcus still doesn't have anything to make. I am focused on his sister Marlene and will write his stuff after I finish with her
*TCF still using Klingon ships. (This is only until I can make my own models. This wont be in the final version)
*TCF Vega-Punks now renamed to The Vega.
*TCF AI Wolf Class has no weapons (forgot to add them. Makes good target practice though.)
*NPP has no use right now. (focused on Destroyers. TCF will soon have a use for it.)
*Nothing for the Hunters yet, though I am planning to have some ships become hunter ships if set as such. (May be Borg, or simply Hunters. Will be map editor only.)

Bug Fixes: (Will change as I repair them)
*Destroyer Shipyard now reloads ships without disappearing

Bugs (Will change as I find more)
*Passive Radar reveals ships too quickly. (Needs retuning and testing.)
*Haze Mark-1 too easy to destroy.
*Mining is too slow
posted on October 12th, 2012, 5:26 am
I would like any feedback on the mod. Please post any comments or notes you have. I will accept any creative criticism, (Though I wont be happy about it) and will try to correct any problems as necessary.

Please be easy on me. I'm not used to showing my work.
posted on October 20th, 2012, 1:42 am
Been doing some work. Made a few changes and will soon upload them. Will post again when I have finished.
Note: I cant remember what's in the older version, and I may repeat what's already here.

Changes:

-Destroyers-
Created a texture for Marlene, the Destroyer Defense avatar. (Will post a full sized image in next post.)
Made a temperary background for the DSS Morte Navi.
Relabled Starbases to Outposts. (Starbases are not available yet.)
Set up Reloading station to reload ships automaticly.
Added Armor and Shields to customization screen. Armor affects crew size and Hull strangth. Currently only on the Haze class.

-TCF-
Upgraded the AI to use more ships.
Relabled Starbases to Outposts.
Added an 'Armor' system. Damage against Lasers, Missiles, and Torpedoes is nullified. Guns still damage the hull. Can only be repaired by a shipyard. (Bug: shots are too far from the ship to look like impacts)
The York class now uses 'Armor'.

-All-
Prepping all ships to receive new models, but I dont have them yet.
Started working on the DLS file.

-Planned-
Starbases - Large stations that provide massive firepower.
Magnetic Acceleration Guns (MAGs) for TCF cruisers and above.
Washington fires Mark-8 Torpedoes, with the Mark-12 being a triple-fire special weapon.
Using the old Morte Navi model as an exparamental ship, either for the Destroyers or the TCF. (Probably the TCF as a 'mixed tech' thing.

Will post more soon.

-Destroyer92
posted on October 20th, 2012, 6:23 pm
Alright, new versions up.

Not much difference from the before mentioned changes. :blush:

Im working on the Haze Class Mark-1 right now and plan on working on the Mark-3 later.

Right now, it only takes 1 kill to make the Mark-3 a Mark-3 Alpha, a better version then the Mark-3. This is for testing purposes. I plan on adding more ranks to the Mark-3 and retooling everything.

I tested the Destroyers against the FO Federation. They seem to be matched, something I hadn't planned on. :ermm:

As promessed, I have uploaded Marlene's picture. I went with an anime style, as I am waiting for a more realistic picture. I also included her avatar pic. It shows all she does. Better Defenses, less research costs, and an actual ammo supply. Her station is the Ammo Depot, which I have yet to model. Her new ship isnt known, and I dont know what it should be at this time, so its gonna remain blank.

Any questions or comments?

Attachments

Destroyer Avatar 2-1A.jpg
Destroyer Avatar 2-1A.jpg (52.45 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
Avatar1.jpg (598.17 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
posted on November 8th, 2012, 8:42 pm
Now for the fun part.

I'm doing a complete rewrite of the Destroyer ODFs.

I'll be changing everything, simplifing the code so it loads faster and is easier to work with.

If anyone wants to suggest something, I'm listening.
posted on November 16th, 2012, 5:00 pm
Well, Fuck. :angry:

I've got a SOD for the Archer. It works like a charm, except that the textures are fucked up. :angry:

Below are the pictures for this.

Any advice, or should I send it to one of you guys for inspection/revision?

Attachments

ArcherMissile.jpg
This is how the missile should look
ArcherMissile.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
FOScreenShot_121116_084907.png
This is what it looks like. (Sorry, couldnt get any closer)
FOScreenShot_121116_084907.png (686.47 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
posted on December 15th, 2012, 3:17 am
Anyone from the FO team think they can help?

I'm trying to make my own shield and select SODs, but I dont know how to make one that looks like the one in FO.

Can anyone help with that?
posted on December 20th, 2012, 7:28 pm
Heres the most current version. (This will be moved to the first page soon)
I've reworked almost everything and am working on some new items.

Models added:
*Mustang Class: Destroyer Scout. Has perfect performence for a scout and a red/white paintjob. Armed with a small gun. Not good against other ships, but good against fighters.
*Photomon Torpedo: Basic Destroyer torpedo. Need to add a glow, but it works for now.

Renamed:
*Destroyer Construction ship --> Lark Class
*Destroyer Freighter --> Romana Class

Other Changes:
*Destroyer Mining Beam is now invisable.
*Only one Haze Mark-1 is available. (for now until I can rewrite the others)
*Haze Mark-3 is unavailable for testing.

Notes:
*Current version should say 0.4. I forgot to change it before submitting it.
*Removed many Destroyer items for rewrite and rebalance.
*Destroyer Avatar Marcus still doesn't have anything to make. I am focused on his sister Marlene and will write his stuff after I finish with her
*TCF still using Klingon ships. (This is only until I can make my own models. This wont be in the final version)
*TCF Vega-Punks now renamed to The Vega.
*TCF AI Wolf Class has no weapons (forgot to add them. Makes good target practice though.)
*NPP has no use right now. (focused on Destroyers. TCF will soon have a use for it.)
*Nothing for the Hunters yet, though I am planning to have some ships become hunter ships if set as such. (May be Borg, or simply Hunters. Will be map editor only.)

Bug Fixes: (Will change as I repair them)
*Destroyer Shipyard now reloads ships without disappearing

Bugs (Will change as I find more)
*Passive Radar reveals ships too quickly. (Needs retuning and testing.)
*Haze Mark-1 too easy to destroy.
*Mining is too slow
posted on January 30th, 2013, 2:04 am
Have an old ship to use for a TCF Battleship.

I say old, because I made it around 2007-09, when I was more creative and less worried about modding.

To redo for the model:
1. Remove visible missiles
2. Change hull material
3. Make bridge less visible.
4. Remove unneeded sections, such as the numbers on the fighter bays.
5. Make fighter bays smaller. (Unless its meant to launch 8-10 at once)

Also, the first post will show the current status of the project. Much may be changed at this point, so don't be surprised if ships disappear from the roster. Its only temporary as I am making many changes.

Attachments

TCF_Warewolf-1.jpg
Upper Front section
TCF_Warewolf-1.jpg (132.51 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
TCF_Warewolf-2.jpg
Lower front. MAG is visable.
TCF_Warewolf-2.jpg (155.64 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
TCF_Warewolf-3.jpg
Aft section, with engines visable
TCF_Warewolf-3.jpg (116.27 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
posted on March 18th, 2013, 6:16 pm
Well, after losing half my hair, and half my computer, I am pleased to announce that my mod now uses collectibles.

Currently, only the Mustang uses it, and its only a single weapon, but I will be expanding on this. Only specific ships can use specific items. I will be posting them as I go.

One thing to note is that your choice of ship will modify what is dropped. Ships with a fusion core are more likely to drop an item, while a ship with an Anti-Matter Power Core have less of a chance. Ships with a Quantum Singularity Power Core will not drop anything!

Available items
Rapid Fire Laser Cannons

Ships that can acquire items
Mustang Class

When this version goes out, I am gonna wish people luck. You'll need it when your opponent starts getting your weapons. *Evil laugh*

Until next time.
posted on March 18th, 2013, 6:29 pm
Hi, congratulations for your mod. This is something original. Have you tried to work with MilkShape 3D ? For me this is the best software to create my battleships for Star Trek Armada. I have some original ideas, but right now I'm working on some classic versions for fleet Ops, like BSG or Star WArs or StarGate right now. You can try my Perry Rhodan Mod, both for ST Armada 2 and Fleet Ops. I worked on this 2 months before finish it :-) (www.miklosgo.hpage.com)
posted on March 19th, 2013, 7:03 pm
Well, good things come with a cost.

I got my old system back up, but forgot to transfer the files that were most current. :'( Now I cant access them 'cuz they are locked away on a a hardrive with an IDE format. My computer uses SATA. :angry:

Oh well. At least its not deleated. Until I can get an IDE/SATA adaptor, my most current stuff needs to be rewritten. :o

Now, if you excuse me, I need to go bang my head against a wall for an hour. :)
1, 2