My Completed Mod - Dominion War Era theme

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14
posted on March 26th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Bam920 wrote:Here's some menu changes i made

Once you complete everything you want to do, I will re-release it
posted on March 26th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Hey, I just tried your mod and while it does works, I have a problem with Cardassians and Dominion alliance or more precisely I don't have build buttons thus I'm unable to play with them. What should I do to fix that? Also be aware that I'm using Warriors of Fludic space version instead of just Dominion wars mod ('cause I like having option to play with species 8472 too).

Aside from that everything works nicely though there some things could be improved. First and foremost is being unable to build Akiras, Intrepids, Defiants and Sovereign classes. Those ships are both canon and played role in Dominion war too. Ok, not so sure about Intrepid class, but it was build during the war, just like Sovereign class and even Prometheus class (which is completely excluded from game). I have no problem with tossing out other non-canon FED ships, but those I mentioned should not be on that list.
posted on March 26th, 2017, 8:16 pm
Doctor Rush wrote:Hey, I just tried your mod and while it does works, I have a problem with Cardassians and Dominion alliance or more precisely I don't have build buttons thus I'm unable to play with them. What should I do to fix that? Also be aware that I'm using Warriors of Fludic space version instead of just Dominion wars mod ('cause I like having option to play with species 8472 too).

Aside from that everything works nicely though there some things could be improved. First and foremost is being unable to build Akiras, Intrepids, Defiants and Sovereign classes. Those ships are both canon and played role in Dominion war too. Ok, not so sure about Intrepid class, but it was build during the war, just like Sovereign class and even Prometheus class (which is completely excluded from game). I have no problem with tossing out other non-canon FED ships, but those I mentioned should not be on that list.

no build buttons?? You are playing miko's version, I don't know what happened there. My original mod has button buttons at all
posted on March 26th, 2017, 8:17 pm
Doctor Rush wrote:Hey, I just tried your mod and while it does works, I have a problem with Cardassians and Dominion alliance or more precisely I don't have build buttons thus I'm unable to play with them. What should I do to fix that? Also be aware that I'm using Warriors of Fludic space version instead of just Dominion wars mod ('cause I like having option to play with species 8472 too).

prometheus is a buildable ship in my mod
posted on March 26th, 2017, 8:25 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on March 26th, 2017, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Doctor Rush.

Please try to play the original mod - Dominion War Mod made by Picard456:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/dominion-war-mod

My intention was to add the Species8472. and that works for me. That is another zip file. I just don't played yet with all that races added by @Picard.
------------------------------------
I just played with the Breen race from the original mod, and that race works just fine. Maybe it's just a few incompatibility issues after the Species8472 was added.

Thanks.

Attachments

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (104.51 KiB) Viewed 562 times
posted on March 26th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Bam920 wrote:Here's some menu changes i made

It looks fantastic., wow.
posted on March 27th, 2017, 12:01 am
Ok, so I have tried several different scenarios this time, and detected even more problems then before.

FEDERATION:

Missing research options for chassis upgrades altogether thus quite a lot of ships remain unbuildable. Both Miranda and Prometheus classes are nowhere to be seen (except when AI is playing as Federation). Spacedock build option also do not exist (for AI it does).

KLINGONS:

Haven't tried them out yet, but their AI seems fine.

ROMULANS:

Same as for Klingons.

DOMINION:

Looking good at first, but then I realised I could only build 3 ships (Bug ship and Keldon and Hyperspace artillery). And like with FEDERATION there are no options to build superstations. Probably works fine as AI.

BORG:

The only race that is actually playable, but with that much of starting resources they are way too overpowered. I was to build cubes from the very start thus managed to completely annihilate Romulan hard AI without much trouble. I don't want to think how screwed it would be playing against them on hard or not to mention merciless diff.

FEDERATION ALLIANCE:

Works mostly fine except that is having same problems as normal factions like Federation with missing chassis research, ship classes and some stations.

CARDASSIANS, BREEN & DOMINION ALLIANCE:

No build buttons at all, therefore completely unplayable. As AI they work just fine, although DOMINION ALLIANCE seems seriously overpowered even on hard diff.

UNDINE (SPECIES 8472):

Like the Borg they seem to be only race that work and have avatars (tried only one of them though). Problem with them is that their weapons seem a bit underpowered compared to other races thus I got destroyed by Federation hard AI after just few minutes of playing. My base got completely decimated and I haven't had enough time to build ships in order to repel attack.

That's all I know about problems with miklos' mod. I wll try picard's Dominion war mod tommorow as I have downloaded it too, but when I saw that second one with species 8472 I wanted to try that instead. Hopefully this was helpful enough in order to solve those issues.
posted on March 27th, 2017, 12:22 am
Doctor Rush wrote:Ok, so I have tried several different scenarios this time, and detected even more problems then before.

FEDERATION:

Missing research options for chassis upgrades altogether thus quite a lot of ships remain unbuildable. Both Miranda and Prometheus classes are nowhere to be seen (except when AI is playing as Federation). Spacedock build option also do not exist (for AI it does).

KLINGONS:

Haven't tried them out yet, but their AI seems fine.

ROMULANS:

Same as for Klingons.

DOMINION:

Looking good at first, but then I realised I could only build 3 ships (Bug ship and Keldon and Hyperspace artillery). And like with FEDERATION there are no options to build superstations. Probably works fine as AI.

BORG:

The only race that is actually playable, but with that much of starting resources they are way too overpowered. I was to build cubes from the very start thus managed to completely annihilate Romulan hard AI without much trouble. I don't want to think how screwed it would be playing against them on hard or not to mention merciless diff.

FEDERATION ALLIANCE:

Works mostly fine except that is having same problems as normal factions like Federation with missing chassis research, ship classes and some stations.

CARDASSIANS, BREEN & DOMINION ALLIANCE:

No build buttons at all, therefore completely unplayable. As AI they work just fine, although DOMINION ALLIANCE seems seriously overpowered even on hard diff.

UNDINE (SPECIES 8472):

Like the Borg they seem to be only race that work and have avatars (tried only one of them though). Problem with them is that their weapons seem a bit underpowered compared to other races thus I got destroyed by Federation hard AI after just few minutes of playing. My base got completely decimated and I haven't had enough time to build ships in order to repel attack.

That's all I know about problems with miklos' mod. I wll try picard's Dominion war mod tommorow as I have downloaded it too, but when I saw that second one with species 8472 I wanted to try that instead. Hopefully this was helpful enough in order to solve those issues.

Are you playing the same mod????? How is all my stuff missing? The chasis is gone because I took it out. all ships are buildable without chasis research
posted on March 27th, 2017, 1:04 am
been playing around with fed warp ins

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_39_02 PM.png
midas array calls voyager warp in
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_39_02 PM.png (962.96 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_59_30 PM.png
Enterprise Warp in
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_59_30 PM.png (887.07 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_36_02 PM.png
USS Defiant commanded by skisko
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_36_02 PM.png (772.45 KiB) Viewed 548 times
posted on March 27th, 2017, 1:07 am
more tweaking

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_40_32 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_40_32 PM.png (872.84 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_44_33 PM.png
new button for multi vector assault
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_44_33 PM.png (949.61 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_41_06 PM.png
prometheus warp in
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_41_06 PM.png (871.15 KiB) Viewed 548 times
posted on March 27th, 2017, 1:09 am
more new warp ins

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_52_05 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_52_05 PM.png (841.95 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_45_17 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_45_17 PM.png (840.56 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_43_34 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_43_34 PM.png (873.68 KiB) Viewed 548 times
posted on March 27th, 2017, 1:13 am
also playing around with changing fed yards up a bit to give us something new.

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_36_57 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_36_57 PM.png (875.62 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_57_18 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_57_18 PM.png (930.21 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_38_08 PM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 7_38_08 PM.png (923.08 KiB) Viewed 548 times
posted on March 27th, 2017, 1:25 am
I uploaded a video of the new menu (with new music) to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/mBQCshMF0Ic

:woot:

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 10_58_14 AM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 10_58_14 AM.png (712.99 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 11_35_45 AM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 11_35_45 AM.png (472.31 KiB) Viewed 547 times
posted on March 27th, 2017, 2:17 am
Bam920 wrote:I uploaded a video of the new menu (with new music) to YouTube.

Wow, did you ever work any other mods in the past?

Had I know that someone would do this for me, I would of asked for your help in the past before releasing the mod.

When you are done, I will re-release the mod and give you credit as the co-creator.
posted on March 27th, 2017, 2:22 am
Bam920 wrote:I uploaded a video of the new menu (with new music) to YouTube.

The only thing I would really hope stays in the game is the Miranda class.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14