posted on March 26th, 2017, 9:57 am
Species 8472 Vs Klingons

Attachments

specieskl2.jpg
specieskl2.jpg (105.45 KiB) Viewed 655 times
specieskl1.jpg
specieskl1.jpg (88.09 KiB) Viewed 655 times
posted on March 26th, 2017, 11:57 am
Last edited by miklosgo on March 27th, 2017, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominion Vs Species 8472

I added the Species 8472 to the Dominion War Mod, to see how it looks in the game and somehow it's not compatible with some other races.

I will try to fix that.

Attachments

species8472.jpg
species8472.jpg (83.73 KiB) Viewed 650 times
posted on March 26th, 2017, 12:40 pm
I have struggles to get the Mod working. Normally I put it into modfolder, but if I start the mod, the game appears as the normal FO... :-\
posted on March 26th, 2017, 2:26 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on March 27th, 2017, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guitar-Man wrote:I have struggles to get the Mod working. Normally I put it into modfolder, but if I start the mod, the game appears as the normal FO... :-\

"Normally I put it into modfolder"

Why ?

This version "Dominion Vs Species 8472" does not work from the Mods folder. Works only installed into the GAMES folder, like writing before. Maybe somebody has an idea to make it functional.

That is Picard's Mod - Dominion War, just copy this one to your FO----Data----Mods folder:
https://mega.nz/#!A9sQALBY!Iv-rFOqKeyEMlqqMdeiyLNMviIxRDnTJ1k5LKXBAzks
posted on March 26th, 2017, 3:06 pm
@ miklosgo:

I was actually talking to Picard456 ;)

Normally any Mod belongs to the mod folder, as far as I know... Somehow it does not work that way, but I managed to get Picards Mod working anyway.

@picard456:

Thank you for your hard work. Like I already said to miklosgo, somehow your mod cannot be installed the way mods are normally are to get working but I managed to run it anyway. Now I want to let you know what I think. There are some positive and some negative points, I think you need both to develop your mod. Here we go:

- In your first post you wrote you removed fed ships that are not seen on-screen. I was hopin so much for such a mod but than I noticed that you added some nice ships but Monsoons, Canaverals and such ships are still to be build. All together, you encreased one of the most problems of FO: There are - for my taste - way to much ship classes. Especially because there is no difference between some. E.g. there is Saber class and Miranda class, both with the same values and costs. I think every single class should have its own advantages and disadvantages, either in their abilities or in their costs or both.
my recommendation: put Ambassador, Excelsior, Miranda and Centaur class to a third yard. heir costs could be quite low, also their speed (given to their age) and they could be removed from special weapons. That way, we would have an early game yard with ships of "the good old time"...

- Deep Space Nine and Starfleet HQ should have a build limit of one each. I would even remove DS9, because it has no special abilities. Starfleet HQ should also be able to build things.

- Starfleet command should be removed, its abilities (warp-in) could be included into HQ instead.

- Midas Array is a good idea, but the sensor range is too high, i think.

- Either the game speed is too high, or the build times are. I think building he Starfleet HQ should take quite some time, now it's too easy. Same with all other build times. I needed to slow down the game speed multiplier to get an enjoyable and more or less realistic game.

- I still believe that three different Nebulas are not neccessary. I recommend to choose only that one with the weapons module.

- Cardassian, Borg and especially Dominion look extremly cool (Even though Cardassians have too much classes either)!! Unfortunately Klingons now look too much like plastic toys :-( I also like the new AI of Dominion! The Attack paatern with little Destroyer groups is a wish, I had for a long time.

The rest (Alliances, Breen) I haven't tested yet. But I will soon.

All together: Remove some classes and facilities (DS9...), slow down the game (build times) and give klingons back their original textures and we have a perfect mod! :) :) :)

post scroptum: my very personal wish is for a long time: could you somehow encrease the effects of special weapons? I think in the stock FO they are way too weakly... ;)

Best wishes and a great THANK YOU,
the guitar-man
posted on March 26th, 2017, 3:16 pm
@ Guitar-Man:

I'm sorry, my mistake.
Picard456 ;) made an excellent mod in my opinion, it's something different like I saw before.
Actually, I managed to install his Dominion War Era mod into FO-----Data---Mods folder and works just fine.
Then, I tried to add the Species 8472 into his mod, but this time incompatibility issues appeared and I solved the problem somehow different, making the Species 8472 functional, as you can see in the attached images.
posted on March 26th, 2017, 3:27 pm
@ miklosgo:

I totally agree, the mod is in most ways really fine. I just think it can be developed and that's why I gave him my opinion about some things I'd like he considers to change.

Unfortunally I have zero modding skills... I tried but even with minor changes I can not deal with. :( :ermm:

I havn't installed you species8472-mod, but just because species 8472 is a race I always disliked and I never was interested in ;)
posted on March 26th, 2017, 3:37 pm
the addition looks good :thumbsup:
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm
Bam920 wrote:Changing the stock screen, music maybe avatars for cardassian and breen

sounds cool, I'd like to see it when its done. I didn't add avatars before because its basically double the work and I am just one man. I am very interested to see how you will do . Keep me up to date. Good luck.
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:13 pm
Guitar-Man wrote:@ miklosgo:

Normally any Mod belongs to the mod folder, as far as I know... Somehow it does not work that way, but I managed to get Picards Mod working anyway.

@picard456:

Thank you for your hard work. Like I already said to miklosgo, somehow your mod cannot be installed the way mods are normally are to get working but I managed to run it anyway. Now I want to let you know what I think. There are some positive and some negative points, I think you need both to develop your mod. Here we go:

- In your first post you wrote you removed fed ships that are not seen on-screen. I was hopin so much for such a mod but than I noticed that you added some nice ships but Monsoons, Canaverals and such ships are still to be build. All together, you encreased one of the most problems of FO: There are - for my taste - way to much ship classes. Especially because there is no difference between some. E.g. there is Saber class and Miranda class, both with the same values and costs. I think every single class should have its own advantages and disadvantages, either in their abilities or in their costs or both.
my recommendation: put Ambassador, Excelsior, Miranda and Centaur class to a third yard. heir costs could be quite low, also their speed (given to their age) and they could be removed from special weapons. That way, we would have an early game yard with ships of "the good old time"...

- Deep Space Nine and Starfleet HQ should have a build limit of one each. I would even remove DS9, because it has no special abilities. Starfleet HQ should also be able to build things.

- Starfleet command should be removed, its abilities (warp-in) could be included into HQ instead.

- Either the game speed is too high, or the build times are. I think building he Starfleet HQ should take quite some time, now it's too easy. Same with all other build times. I needed to slow down the game speed multiplier to get an enjoyable and more or less realistic game.

- I still believe that three different Nebulas are not neccessary. I recommend to choose only that one with the weapons module.

- Cardassian, Borg and especially Dominion look extremly cool (Even though Cardassians have too much classes either)!! Unfortunately Klingons now look too much like plastic toys :-( I also like the new AI of Dominion! The Attack paatern with little Destroyer groups is a wish, I had for a long time.

All together: Remove some classes and facilities (DS9...), slow down the game (build times) and give klingons back their original textures and we have a perfect mod! :) :) :)

post scroptum: my very personal wish is for a long time: could you somehow encrease the effects of special weapons? I think in the stock FO they are way too weakly... ;)

the guitar-man

to install the mod, you unzip it's own folder not into the original Fleetops folder. So you could make a folder on your desktop that just says 'dominion war mod' and play from there.
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Guitar-Man wrote:@ miklosgo:

@picard456:

the guitar-man

I'm actually completely done modding this mod. You can learn to make these changes yourself if you like, I really don't mind.

I'll go through every point you made and why I made the game this way....

1. I kept the other classes in the game just so that if someone likes to use those class ships, they can. The whole point was if you the Feds, they will only build the ships that are seen on the shows. Also, When I play as them, I build as the AI as well. I think it makes that much of a difference to leave the other non-canon ships in the ship yards.

2. Every race now has at least one battle station (ds9, fedhq, ty'ghor). I left it so you can build as many as you can, this helpful when facing the AI as they build a lot of ships and you need as much D as possible. They are also not invincible, as these stations can be taken down with an armada of 30 ships and even less.

3. I changed he build times. I honestly don't like waiting for that long. The other reason is that I like seeing big fleets, this allows both the human player and the AI to make rather large fleets.

4. Those nebulas were already in the game, and each one has a special ability. It just makes for more variety.

Last point, I much prefer Aad Moerman's klingons models over the originals, that just a matter of taste I think.
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:29 pm
miklosgo wrote:Dominion Vs Species 8472

I added the Species 8472 to the Dominion War Mod, made by Picard456

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!l9shVb4L!9c-dh8wVPrW8f-lVV6NtDOX2wwb-CujYrSQFHBQRPJ0

How to play with that :

1. Unzip the file into GAMES folder,
2. Start the game using Armada2 file
3. Select Options----->Mod Settings
4. Launch that "Warriors of Fluidic Space" mod (They are the Species 8472)
5. Instant Action
6. Select any races you like to play, then select your enemy. For example Undine (Species8472) Vs Federation Alliance.

Happy playing.

Looks awesome man, I will try it soon
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:29 pm
Does anyone want to do any multiplayer matches via tunngle?
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:37 pm
Here's some menu changes i made

Attachments

Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 11_35_45 AM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 11_35_45 AM.png (472.31 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 10_58_14 AM.png
Star Trek Armada II Fleet Operations 3_26_2017 10_58_14 AM.png (712.99 KiB) Viewed 630 times
posted on March 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm
Bam920 wrote:Here's some menu changes i made

Wow, I like it a lot! Good job
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14