Federation Fighter Pack (FO 3.1.5)

1, 2, 3
posted on March 31st, 2011, 7:52 pm
Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but doesn't the Venture rather closely resemble the Delta Flyer?  That was my first thought the first time I saw it in game, anyway...
posted on March 31st, 2011, 7:57 pm
There are similarities in the shape, though the Venture has far more in common with the Mission Scoutship it seems to have been based on.
posted on April 1st, 2011, 6:52 pm
Probably because they are actually the same ship.;)
posted on April 1st, 2011, 6:55 pm
Last edited by Tyler on April 1st, 2011, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Size difference says otherwise, the Venture's a little bigger with a larger compliment. The Venture's probably a larger runabout only related to the scout.
posted on April 1st, 2011, 6:57 pm
Last edited by Dominus_Noctis on April 1st, 2011, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
posted on April 1st, 2011, 7:48 pm
haha no EAS pics dom
posted on April 7th, 2011, 6:29 pm
lol Not talking about the Flyer vs. the Venture Dom.;)

Tyler wrote:Size difference says otherwise, the Venture's a little bigger with a larger compliment. The Venture's probably a larger runabout only related to the scout.

A1/2/FO Venture is larger than the Venture from Insurrection for obvious gameplay reasons. Though it and the other scouts(not borg) should have a crew of one and be immune to capture or something else since you can't have it with just one officer and no crew like you can in stock.
posted on April 7th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Last edited by Tyler on April 7th, 2011, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigger is still bigger, even with gameplay size being weird. There is too little on the Scoutship to tell if it's a proper class (like a Runabout) or just a semi-large shuttle, so nothing to imply it's fully-independent vessel like a Venture. Hence the 'related, but seperate' idea. There's nothing linking the two aside from physical similarity, and such similarities between unrelated designs isn't unheard of.

I have referred to them as the same ship before, and do see it as the same ship; just not the same configuration. I see it as a refit/varient of the original with a different role, and the early movies showed refits aren't always the exact same size of the original.
posted on April 9th, 2011, 4:13 am
Yeah, that makes sense.
posted on April 9th, 2011, 1:47 pm
086gf wrote:lol Not talking about the Flyer vs. the Venture Dom.;)

A1/2/FO Venture is larger than the Venture from Insurrection for obvious gameplay reasons. Though it and the other scouts(not borg) should have a crew of one and be immune to capture or something else since you can't have it with just one officer and no crew like you can in stock.

And neither was I :). Check out Dragonmalice's post  :thumbsup:
posted on September 9th, 2011, 11:19 pm
Tyler, Im getting an error opening that figher pack rar now. Anyone else have problems?
posted on September 10th, 2011, 6:54 pm
kainalu wrote:Tyler, Im getting an error opening that figher pack rar now. Anyone else have problems?

I am too. I've wanted this for a while, but the RAR is corrupted for me. And I guess you as well. Any chance you can reupload this Tyler?
posted on September 10th, 2011, 7:17 pm
:crybaby:Ditto on the .rar being borked.
posted on September 11th, 2011, 4:21 am
Ok, it has been re-uploaded. It's on the first post like the original.
posted on September 11th, 2011, 11:58 am
Thank You
1, 2, 3