Federation Fighter Pack (FO 3.1.5)

1, 2, 3
posted on January 14th, 2011, 12:43 am
Last edited by Tyler on September 11th, 2011, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A mod to the Avalaon Hanger that will allow it to launch 3 types of fighter; Peregrine, Javelin & Stormrider Class fighters. As they all appear in the AdmiralsLog, they all have shipnames.

Said names are notably 'different' from a proper starships...

Attachments

Javelin Fighter.JPG
Stormrider Fighter.JPG
Federation Fighter Pack (FO 3.1.5).rar
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 519 times
posted on January 14th, 2011, 2:24 am
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
posted on January 15th, 2011, 8:47 am
This is out of the blue but anyone think that maybe the Voyager Delta Flyer would be a good fighter type?
posted on January 15th, 2011, 11:00 am
Good to see the Stormrider in here, it's finally getting some love!  :thumbsup:
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm
rxformula91 wrote:This is out of the blue but anyone think that maybe the Voyager Delta Flyer would be a good fighter type?

Just, what I was thinking. Maybe it could be launched at Rank 5?  :thumbsup:
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:02 pm
The flyer? That always struck me as more of a runabout than a fighter.
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:15 pm
The Flyer is much more than just a shuttle. In Voyager it has been build for flying trough the atmosphere of a gasgiant. It can take 2 gratviton-torpedos from an armored-cube.
The Delta-Flyer is a little Mixed-Tech Fighter... maybe you must have Borg as allied to get it? ;)
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Runabouts aren't shuttles, they're small starships. The Flyer was designed to be a replacement shuttle with runabout properties, not a fighter. Combat-capable isn't combat-focused.

It may be a suitable break from Trek-reality to pretend it's a fighter class if mixed-tech was avatar specific, but it isn't so Mayson would also get the Avalon.
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:41 pm
i dont think the flyer should appear as it wasnt designed to be a fighter. i liked the old way that different fighters were launched, some with pulses, some with torps.

the peregrine is the current one which has pulses (i think) which does good vs small ships, maybe the stormrider could carry torps under its wings. maybe you could toggle a special on the avalon to decide which gets auto launched based on what enemies you are facing?
posted on January 15th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Last edited by Tyler on January 15th, 2011, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I tried two passive hangar bays and it just launched a fighter of each type fused together. The current way saves time, though.

Currently, the Javelin has twin pulse weapons while the Stormrider has twin pulses and a light Quantum pulse.

On a side-note; anyone noticed the fighter names?
posted on January 16th, 2011, 8:17 pm
Well, maybe the D-Flyer could replace the scout with a certain scientific railgu... cybernetic species in mixed tech ;oD
posted on January 16th, 2011, 8:48 pm
I like it! Carriers need some variety.

When I modded SFC3, I usually used the Venture Scoutship as the fighter, or sometimes the old Hornet Fighters. Fun times.
posted on January 17th, 2011, 10:47 pm
Do you mind if I use your mod as a template for one of my own?
posted on January 18th, 2011, 1:26 am
I noticed the names, and LMAO.  :thumbsup:
posted on January 21st, 2011, 9:39 am
1337 64M3R wrote:Do you mind if I use your mod as a template for one of my own?

Sure, nothing in here's copyrighted to me.
1, 2, 3