Help me...

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3
posted on July 27th, 2009, 2:22 pm
I'm currently trying to put ships into FO. But I can't get them working. Odf is not the prob. Can someone post what I need? Spr files, cfg files, so on. Just give me some help. Plus I can't figure out this Tooltip maker! :crybaby:
posted on July 27th, 2009, 3:45 pm
For a fully functional ship you need:

1. up to 6 odf files for the ship itself
2. entries in the Dynamic_Localized_Strings.h for the tooltips
3. a FO compatible sod model
4. textures for the model
5. the wireframe
6. the button
7. entries in the gui_global.spr for wireframe and button
8. entries in all_cap_veteran.odf and in the fitting all_veteran*.odf
9. entries in tech1.tt and freetech.tt
10. an image for the admirals log
11. and an entry in a shipyard of your choice

I think that was it.
posted on July 27th, 2009, 3:52 pm
Cpt.Piett wrote:6. the button
9. entries in tech1.tt and freetech.tt
11. and an entry in a shipyard of your choice

Though, feel free to ignore these ones if it is a Warp-In.
posted on July 27th, 2009, 4:00 pm
well it was meant originally for stock... is there an spr file I can put up to fix this?
posted on July 27th, 2009, 4:07 pm
The Miranda Class should come with a modified sprite file that should allow most stock SOD's to work.
posted on July 27th, 2009, 11:11 pm
just use this'un :blush:

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on July 28th, 2009, 1:50 pm
Thanks Guys, do any of you know how to edit hps? Because I got this Excelsior I'm planing on putting in. First, the Hardpoints are basically not so well placed. And second, I need more anyway... I tried the HP editor but everytime I try modding them it either crashes or shoots an HP way off the model. Can you please help me? I got the zip here with images of original and prefered hp locations. I apologize if I ask to much...

Attachments

FED_ExcelB.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
posted on July 28th, 2009, 1:56 pm
I have a HP editor, (simply called 'CV') but it doesn't work on a good number of ships.
posted on July 28th, 2009, 2:13 pm
Last edited by Tyler on July 28th, 2009, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid program screwed up...like it usually does. I have an SOD editor that cannot handle SOD's...

I don't like leaving empty handed, so I edited the lighting on the textures. At least my attempt got some result....

Attachments

CV Failure.JPG
New lightmaps.rar
(521.67 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
posted on July 28th, 2009, 2:29 pm
hmm... Did you try the 24-bit stuff? I included them in case the program can't handle the 32-bit. I'll look into these light maps, but I'm mostly concerned on new hardpoints. No offense... :sweatdrop:
posted on July 28th, 2009, 2:37 pm
It's the SOD it doesn't do, not the textures.
posted on July 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Ohh... maybe you can find another? Maybe that one provided through Assimsoft. I heard that one works...
posted on July 28th, 2009, 2:47 pm
The only one that worked for me is the one I currently use. The others usually crash.
posted on July 28th, 2009, 5:12 pm
Can anyone else edit hp's? Any help is highly appreciated. I really want this ship to work but I need better hp's.
posted on July 29th, 2009, 1:09 am
well the only advise I can offer you is to pray that some angel fairy drops you a copy of the unlocked sod importer for ms3d with a free copy of ms3d....assimsoft just crashes on me as well and I have 2 dif versions of it....
1, 2, 3