Derelict Ships

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
1, 2, 3
posted on January 20th, 2012, 5:55 pm
you're not actually boarding ships on team 0 when you beam to them, you're just increasing their crew level. the ship stays on its old team (0)

it would have been silly if the feds could steal ferengi marauders/cargo ships for fun in stock.

although borg could use blue beam on them to gain crew. that was funny, leave a miner derelict and just steal all the ferengi ship crew that came to tractor it.
posted on January 20th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Drewlew wrote:Also the Unity One station, i can not use its Special Abilities, even though i have Given it Energy for its specials?

I assume it has weapon hitpoints? The subsystem hitpoints, not the special weapon hardpoints.
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:10 pm
The abilities also need to be in the technology tree files :)
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Ah right, is this particularly hard to do? the ability are there but dont activate when selecting them? Dominus the advise you have given so far is brilliant, i have to say that i have clocked a unnormal amount of time in instant action? and spend my time in work reading the fo guide and learning what i can? I have started modding maps with some success i believe! there are just a few minor things that i still am unsure about! such as the unity one speacial abilities, cant seem to get previews for the maps that i have created and am still struggling to download and make the maps playable that i have created! But all in all i think that this marketed correctly (my day job) could be pretty big!!! I think that it knocks the socks off both the original armada games, and that the Development Team should be immensly proud of what they have created. I hope that this continues far into the future, and am looking forward to becoming a donor. My plans are to cancel my STO subscription and donate what i would have been paying for that to Fleet Ops
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Drewlew wrote:I think that it knocks the socks off both the original armada games, and that the Development Team should be immensly proud of what they have created.

:thumbsup: I second that. Rock on Devs. And nice to have you Drewlew. Happy editing. :)
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Drewlew wrote:Ah right, is this particularly hard to do? the ability are there but dont activate when selecting them?

The hitpoints for the subsystems are in the odf, though the place varies by the file in question. You can tell if there are none set for a system because the interface icon is greyed out.

Stock Unity should have this:
shieldgeneratorhitpoints = 1480
engineshitpoints = 0
weaponshitpoints = 0
lifesupporthitpoints = 1480
sensorshitpoints = 1480
posted on January 20th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Is that for the weapons? i know that the station has no weapons, but it is meant to have speacial abilities to detect cloaked ships and sensor abilities?
posted on January 20th, 2012, 10:01 pm
The one highlighted in red is the weapons subsystem. It should have that subsystem because of the specials, but the station seems more of an after-thought than something intended to actually be used.
posted on January 20th, 2012, 10:08 pm
Yes, Tyler has it spot on: in order to use special abilities, a unit must have a weapons subsystem and weaponhitpoints greater than 0. The file you are looking for in the ODF.fpq is npc_unityone.odf :)

I'm glad that things so far are working well for you  :thumbsup:
posted on January 20th, 2012, 10:52 pm
Cool thanks guys. think ill just leave it as a interesting map item.
posted on January 25th, 2012, 2:49 pm
Ok can anyone help me with editing a map? if i am editing a eight player map, how would i remove say one of the players to make it a six player map? is this even possible?

Thanks
posted on January 25th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Last edited by Tyler on January 25th, 2012, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opening the map and deleting the Starting Points should do it.

Though you should double click on them to make sure you remove them from highest number first, just to be on the safe side. Camera_X is the order they were put down.

Attachments

Starting Points.JPG
posted on January 25th, 2012, 5:12 pm
thanks tyler i dont know what i would do if it wasnt for your help on here lol

Diolch
posted on January 25th, 2012, 10:17 pm
i tried to delete it and it wouldn't delete? also what do i need to do when i double click it? as i didn't really know what to change?
posted on January 25th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Click and hold with the mouse when you delete it.
1, 2, 3