Feud (1v1) UPDATE!

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2
posted on August 12th, 2010, 7:30 pm
Last edited by funnystuffpictures on August 13th, 2010, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ok, after a landslide of Fed/Borg victories on duel, its become clear that it just isn't balanced for the other races. One reason this could be, according to Boggz, is that your expansion is just soo far away, which means that it's hard to defend (unless you're the feds of course).
Statistics from the tournament suggest that the Borg have a huge advantage overall. As soon as your enemy gets to spheres, they can easily retreat into the purple nebula.
So after so many complaints about duel, last night, Halfala changed the map to The Outland Outposts, which is more balanced, but its so small that it gives the Borg an even bigger advantage. So after a few hours of editing and testing, I present to you, Fued! Aka a rippoff on Boggz map Duel. :P So enjoy!   :D

Update: So after Arash pointed out to me that the " bottom has 12 top has 13, the bottom to middle has 24 spaces top to middle has 21 spaces, and the top left nebula has less nebula vs bottom right (both purple and green)" I decided to fix these small errors and to correct correct the spelling of "fued" to "feud" :D

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Feud.txt
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
posted on August 12th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Hahhaa actually I really like it ^-^.

It's a cool redux on Duel :woot:.  Nice work guys!

Going off of my own observations regarding Duel I'm also gonna release a new version of it pretty soon here.  I'm gonna go away from the doubled natural expansion and add another pair of separated moons for each side.  This should allow more .... spreading out and fewer insta-losses from having your first builder get caught and destroyed at your exp :D.

posted on August 13th, 2010, 3:13 am
Boggz wrote:I'm also gonna release a new version of it pretty soon here.  I'm gonna go away from the doubled natural expansion and add another pair of separated moons for each side.

will this cause you to make a 3rd map with the same name called duel or will it be a different map name?
posted on August 13th, 2010, 4:06 am
Haha, I'll call it Duel II :).
posted on August 13th, 2010, 8:50 am
Looks good :)

However, You might also want to call it Feud ;)
posted on August 13th, 2010, 5:00 pm
Yeah I saw that and was hoping nobody would notice  :blush:
posted on August 13th, 2010, 5:42 pm
Where's the damn attachment Funny you tit?  :lol:
posted on August 13th, 2010, 5:55 pm
You'll never get it Boggz! Its all part of my evil genius plan to win the tournament! Now that Im the only one with the required map I will automatically win! muhahahahahahaha

jk I just found another problem and didn't want anyone to dl it before it was fixed
posted on August 13th, 2010, 8:25 pm
so i downloaded fued for nothing. grrr
posted on August 13th, 2010, 8:39 pm
Lol its still spelled wrong in game
posted on August 14th, 2010, 9:53 am
Looks real nice! Can't wait to try it out! :thumbsup:
posted on August 14th, 2010, 10:41 am
from my game on it, i think its a good tournament map as its so balanced. no person can claim an advantage, the game comes down to skill. i think i will be playing it more.
posted on August 14th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Ah thank you! :D
posted on August 14th, 2010, 5:22 pm
from my game on it, i think its a good tournament map as its so balanced. no person can claim an advantage, the game comes down to skill. i think i will be playing it more.

Thats what ppl thought about Duel...we wil see how balanced things are
posted on August 14th, 2010, 6:29 pm
I'm not particularly fond of the map due to the expansions being so close to the home base and far from the opponent's base. Other than that though, the nebula arrangement for mutara's is probably a step up from Duel :)
1, 2