Beta Epsilon 6

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2
posted on October 5th, 2009, 5:50 pm
Pappy63 wrote:Baleful I like the map. The only  small thing  is  if you do a in another map like this one is to  seal the spots where the  abandoned  stuff is  and  instead  use worm holes.  There is a few spots  on the  outside where one could add  more  deralicts if one was to remove the  outside walls of the places where the abandoned  ships are and to add a wormhole  there  and hidden in  the nebulas . also might want to add a bit more variety of ships because  as I see it it  is a bit Borg heavy in deralicts. Other than that small bit, It is really a Great map.

THANK YOU for all your feedback,  it is very important to know what people think to give them what they want.
not to bore you with the detals of how Beta Epsilon came to be, but i think alpha through gamma did have wormholes in the outer ring at noon, 3, 6 and 9. but it was also to be a 8 player map.  but i couldn't get the AI starbase or the derilects to work right so, i had to drop 1 (2 to make it balanced)  the derilects alcoves at 3 and 9 were a new afterthought for Epsilon, but i didn't want to have a wormhole right there, (seemed unfair) so i deleted them but left the 2 in the middle to go to one another, (just to confuse people)  didnt want to make things too easy.  it wasn't ment to be "borg heavy"  i wanted to have some of the stations that are nice to have but arnt ususally built to late game (if at all).  with most people seeming to play as fed or borg, i wanted something that would be able to show what some of the other races have to offer.  the rom covert ops facility is just too cool, remote blowing up enemy ships gives me a sick glad glee that is comparable to bug ramming, but better.  the borg starbase can transport anywhere in the map.  the dom sub sap[ce sensors give you pretty much the view of the entire middle section.  i wanted teh hyperspace bombers to NOT have working engines, i wanted them to be stuck there, but i cant figure that one out.  i tell it disable engines, but they seem to work when you board it. 

i liked the outer ring being mosely green nebulas, help fight the borg. shiled boost, plus keep cloakers out.  but when you burry the wormhole IN the nebula, ships sometimes ended up back in the main middle land. so i had to scale back the nebulas, around the "in holes" anyways.

i havent thoguht too much about what to do for Beta Zeta (or if there will be one),  i wanted to see what people liked and didn't.

thank you again for your comments. all feedback is apprecieated    :thumbsup:
posted on October 8th, 2009, 3:27 pm
Last edited by Dukemts on October 8th, 2009, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi baleful,

one little thing i have noticed is that on the mini map screen whilst you are choosing your game options you can choose where you start right?

But when i start to play the game i always end up in the center bottom placement. Even though i chose another place. Not a moan but really annoying when trying to set up a specific game. Intentional?
posted on October 8th, 2009, 5:50 pm
:(

dont know what to tell you guy.  i'm happy your playing my map, and i'm sorry it aint working right for you,  as for WHY,  i have NO CLUE.  i'm the guy who is doing good turning my computer ON, much less any of this tech-no-babble.

i remember re-setting the start points, so if 2 people are playing, they are not next to one another.  start place 1 is at 12 oclock,  start place 2 is at 6.  i reset them so players are layed out like a torque pattern, alternating from top to bottom.

aside from all that, i dont know.  i personally always end up at the top middle.

sorry i cant be more helpfull  :(
posted on October 8th, 2009, 5:53 pm
I think this is the problem... did you click in on the blue square when setting up a camera, or did you create another point? If you made another point somewhere else I think thats the prob... because if it is one point... that is where you go... if it is multiple points.... then I think the spot is chosen randomly. :wacko:
posted on October 8th, 2009, 5:58 pm
:huh:

umm,  well between Beta Alpha, and Beta Epsilon,  a thing OR TWO got changed,  including the start points.  i set the cameras up 1 - 6.  had to renumber them to space people out.

aside from that, i dont know
1, 2