Beta Epsilon 6

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
1, 2
posted on October 1st, 2009, 5:57 am
ok, after alpha alpha (3)  and green glow II, i thought i had this map thing down.

the title alone should tell you how much trouble (and drafts) i went through to get this one (hopefully) right.

please run it through the ringer and tell me what you think

Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Beta Epsilon.txt
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on October 1st, 2009, 10:15 am
Wow, look impressive! Thanls! :D
Got it ;)
posted on October 1st, 2009, 11:57 am
Great job! ;)

Keep on going... here is a tip... you need a good amount space... some raes aren't well balanced in narrow areas. ;)
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:57 am
1337_64M3R wrote:... you need a good amount space...

:blink:

its 25000 x 25000  how big you want it man.

there are hella open spaces.

and aside from a few nebulas, there aint a whole lot keeping the 6 players from eachother.

hell, i even fingered out how to make it balanced start position wise if you have an even amount of players.
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
ok the weekend is here. (for the UK-ers anyways),  some more people need to play this damn map and tell me what they think, good or bad.

need some feedback people, i need to justify my existance  :crybaby:
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:42 pm
Looks good to me: I'll download shortly and give you my comments :) (assuming I even have time to play this weekend... yeah prelims/meetings/labs...)
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:42 pm
Last edited by 1337 64M3R on October 5th, 2009, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll play it... I'll play it... :sweatdrop:
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:49 pm
Hamachi????    :blink:

i have a hard enough time with wippien, and gamespy flat out hates me.  plus i'm stuck here at work for another 5 hours.

but aside from all that,  i'd love to play my map against you and any other (even numberd) players  :woot:
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:52 pm
Last edited by Baleful on October 2nd, 2009, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wait,  your only an hour ahead of me you East Coster.   so  say  6:30 ish  your time.  i SHOULD be home by then.  sound like a plan?

u + me + whomever else wants to try it
posted on October 2nd, 2009, 5:53 pm
umm... sure...
posted on October 5th, 2009, 4:06 pm
Baleful I like the map. The only  small thing  is  if you do a in another map like this one is to  seal the spots where the  abandoned  stuff is  and  instead  use worm holes.  There is a few spots  on the  outside where one could add  more  deralicts if one was to remove the  outside walls of the places where the abandoned  ships are and to add a wormhole  there  and hidden in  the nebulas . also might want to add a bit more variety of ships because  as I see it it  is a bit Borg heavy in deralicts. Other than that small bit, It is really a Great map.
posted on October 5th, 2009, 4:10 pm
Very nice map, though could the AI be set to show up in the Admirals Log? And why are the Breen using Klingon/Romulan turrets?
posted on October 5th, 2009, 5:21 pm
Last edited by Baleful on October 5th, 2009, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler wrote:Very nice map, though could the AI be set to show up in the Admirals Log? And why are the Breen using Klingon/Romulan turrets?

i dont know why it aint in the log, i'm guessing cause its set as player 8 instead of 7, but that is a total guess.

as for the breen starbase, it is ment to be a deturent to getting into the sweet green ring.  but i think we all know that breen starbases lack real firepower, so i suplemented them with the best turrets i could,  Klingon ones.  the rom one are for varity  :)
posted on October 5th, 2009, 5:27 pm
You know the part that says 'Empty'? Set that to 'AI: Mission' and it will show up.

Good point, it is kinda useless as a Starbase (which make sense since they are considered by other races to be a minor power), but you could have used Breen Turrets... after fixing the Life Support and crew problem.
posted on October 5th, 2009, 5:33 pm
Tyler wrote:You know the part that says 'Empty'? Set that to 'AI: Mission' and it will show up.

Good point, it is kinda useless as a Starbase (which make sense since they are considered by other races to be a minor power), but you could have used Breen Turrets... after fixing the Life Support and crew problem.

not that smart to fix teh glitch, i remember hearing about it and instead of trying too, i just opted for the klingon ones.  :)  they seem to have more punch.  origionally, in beta alpha &/or beta beta, there was also a mutura nebula around the center so you would emerge with NO shields (as they take a few seconds to re-engage. and then the bast and turrets would just destroy any would be tresspassers.

i'll look into that AI: mission  thing,  i'd LOVE for the thing to show stuff.  again, i'm not a hard core computer guy, i'm just tryin to fake it the best i can  :D

keep those comments comming people,  every bit helps 
1, 2