List of awesome youtube replays

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 154
posted on April 20th, 2012, 3:32 pm
Last edited by Tryptic on April 22nd, 2012, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spretz had a very solid anti-noob opening there, and by that I don't mean that it only works against noobs, simply that its counter is very hard to pull off and thus it's favored against mid-level players.

The moment he set out to double-expand, Spretz had the economic initiative.  If the two sides didn't fight, he was going to win.  At this point his opponent needs to have perfect scouting and make a snap decision to either raid heavily or double-expand himself, although it may be too late to catch up.  While the HWP may have worked in some cases, it was the wrong call this time because it used up the small resource advantage that XYZ desperately needed.

After that, Playerxyz advanced pretty smoothly.  His first raid was predictable: if I was the opponent I would have sensed the raid on my expansion half a minute before it happened.  After the 3rd raid, though, he got a feel for the timing and was able to evade the brels twice which gave him great relief at his home base.

Kvorts would definitely have been good, and getting the Kbeajq special sooner.  Once he had enough, he could split his ships and hit multiple targets at once; since there was no way to properly defend his own mining his only solution would be to deal heavy damage to Spretz as often as possible.  Some scout stations in aggressive positions would have helped with this, for example on the ends of the 2 asteroid lines as this would force Spretz to go all the way around or reveal the location of his ships.

I definitely wouldn't have gotten a battle yard, just more kvorts and if possible, a field yard at the center moon.  Every penny counts against that kind of strategy
posted on April 27th, 2012, 6:11 am
[align=center]Playerxyz as TaQ'roja Klingon
vs.
Old_Time_Pro as Puretech Dominion

Map: Duel II by Boggz

Commentators: Yandonman, Arash8472

Video Database

Youtube[/align]

Yar, another replay. An awesome day collecting, too. :)

(PS: Watch out for PlayerXYZ 1on1 - he packs a mean punch)
posted on April 28th, 2012, 1:58 am
So how would you take down the winner in this replay, if it were you in the opposing seat?
posted on April 28th, 2012, 2:21 am
yandonman wrote:So how would you take down the winner in this replay, if it were you in the opposing seat?

same way I'd take down any man in a fight, a swift kick to the nuts, followed by full impulse heading 180 mark 0.
posted on April 28th, 2012, 5:07 am
Brutal raiding game. Very good to watch; thanks for capturing that for us.
posted on April 28th, 2012, 7:01 am
I guess B8s would have been so much better than S2 in this game...
posted on April 29th, 2012, 5:22 pm
[align=center]Playerxyz as TaQ'roja Klingon
vs.
Arash8472 as Romulan

Commentators: Yandonman, Old_Time_Pro

Video Database

Youtube[/align]

The "sequel" to the Old_Time_Pro vs PlayerXYZ game.
posted on April 29th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Last edited by Tryptic on April 29th, 2012, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The OTP game was excellent: Dominion have a hard time dealing with Klingons in 1v1 situations since their cloak detect comes so incredibly late.  OTP would have had a MUCH better game if he'd slapped his home repair yard up against the Tri moon, since that would render it almost immune to ktingas raiding.  This along with cloak detect would have really helped him out, although if it was me I wouldn't have had the balls to go S2 in the first place; I would have gotten much safer B8's.

The Arash game was messed up unfortunately by the Rhienn bug.  If that 4th Rhienn had been able to cloak, he would have cloaked the whole group and fought 30 seconds later with all 5 Rhienns using phase plates and 2 griffins jamming, instead of 3 helpless Rhienns and only 1 phase-Rhienn with the griffins.

The second game also shows why I disagree with the devs' decision to make ship refits have different roles from the original ship.  In any situation where the Spectre is useful, the standard Generix does poorly and the player can't afford to have useless ships around when he's pausing ship production in order to tech up.  The Spectre is cost-balanced to be more expensive because in theory you can have an entire fleet of them the moment you get the technology, but in practice it would be suicide to build up any standard Gens before turning them into Spectres.
posted on May 2nd, 2012, 3:47 am
Payback's a bitch!

[align=center]0viking0 as Federation
Playerxyz as TaQ'roja Klingon
vs.
Arash8472 as Optimize Borg
Old_Time_Pro as Romulan

Map: Star Traffic by Boggz

Commentators: Yandonman

Video Database

Youtube[/align]
posted on May 2nd, 2012, 4:35 am
Wow, i must say, XYZ is really coming on strong. In both the 1v1s he played he had nice momentum at all times and maintined control of the game, he also shows good initiative in expanding and being opertunistic. All in All, hes an awesome new player that i'm dying to fight against in the tourney. Can't wait Can't Wait........ :badgrin:
posted on May 2nd, 2012, 6:42 am
though I agree that xyz's skills in terms of micro and macro are quite good, I would like to see him face stronger strategies...currently we have only seen wins versus uncommon/weak strats like the Griffin Rhienn mix against Arash. If Arash would have gone for Leavhals (even a few only) the match would be likely different I think. If xyz participates in the tourney, he should find ways to deal with these kind of strats since the others will likely rely on it (as always).
posted on May 2nd, 2012, 7:43 am
Them there's fightin' words!  :thumbsup:
posted on May 2nd, 2012, 8:00 am
Yes, XYZ is making progress. The problem with this game was lack of teamwork from our side. Arash and OTP played together most of the time, and in few occasions, I was all alone vs 2 opponents. XYZ raiding was good thing, but we could do better if he stuck with me. (esp in the moment when we could bring Borg down, and Romulans were pretty far away).

Anyway, It was a good and intese game.
posted on May 5th, 2012, 5:05 pm
[align=center]Old_Time_Pro as Mayson Federation
vs.
Arash8472 as Assimilate Borg

Map: Star Traffic by Boggz

Video Database

Youtube[/align]

More of a test match than a real one
posted on May 13th, 2012, 1:11 am
Last edited by yandonman on May 13th, 2012, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Styer Crisis as Optimize Borg
vs.
Wiese.hano as Federation

Video Database

Youtube[/align]

Round One, Game One.
1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 ... 154