Current Project Status

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 91
posted on January 15th, 2016, 6:31 pm
you asking for info on NX you mad mad not like you going to get any for 4 years
posted on May 10th, 2016, 4:28 am
This may not be the right place to post this question, but there is something I'd like to know about the plans for FO NX.

Are there any features from A1 or A2 that will be completely missing in NX? Would it theoretically be possible to do a Classic Mod again? I guess this would require a tremendous effort, since we already know all of the ODFs would need to be transcribed into the new format, but it's more the mere possibility that interests me.

From the Classic Mod that already exists I learned that from the current version of FO the trade menu is already only accessable using a key and not the game interface anymore. What about the trade-feature or warp in NX? Do you plan to implement those into the new version too, so they would be moddable?
posted on May 10th, 2016, 2:09 pm
Last edited by miklosgo on May 11th, 2016, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi.
I'd like to see in the new NX version a shipyard, like that one used in Galactic Civilizations 2.
It's fun to build your own ship from parts and send into battle.
Click here to see my ships: http://miklosgo.deviantart.com/gallery/58790167/some-of-my-ships-from-games
Every race could have their own ship style, like Federation, klingon, Cardassian, Dominion, Borg.. All that parts included into a database, than the player enter into the shipyard and start to build their own ships. That would be awesome.
Some games with customize ships: Galactic Civilizations, Legends of Pegasus.

Other that that, it's fun to play with Fleet Operations and Classic Star Trek Armada 2.
posted on May 10th, 2016, 2:34 pm
It is a goal to allow modifications to replicate Armada 1 and 2 gameplay without any ugly workarounds. Most likely not right from the start, but i personally like to see that happen as well.
posted on May 10th, 2016, 3:16 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:It is a goal to allow modifications to replicate Armada 1 and 2 gameplay without any ugly workarounds. Most likely not right from the start, but i personally like to see that happen as well.

Great! That's what I was hoping for! Sure, everybody wants to see new features and has cool ideas where to go, but I think those old games also had some good stuff we can make use of again. So I guess I can expect to see all the special weapons and menu options again, plus a big load of creative, new possibilities.
posted on May 10th, 2016, 3:33 pm
Hey Cola in NX will we have Cardassian or will it be only Federation, klingon, Dominion, Borg and if we do not have Cardassian would you lot have any plans to add them down the road?
posted on May 10th, 2016, 7:45 pm
The Mighty Master2.0 wrote:Hey Cola in NX will we have Cardassian or will it be only Federation, klingon, Dominion, Borg and if we do not have Cardassian would you lot have any plans to add them down the road?

Not to preempt Doca, Optec et al, but if they stick to their internal Fleet Ops setting (see Apocrypha part of the Guide), the Cardassians are a minor faction at best, in no position to field any kind of military.
posted on May 19th, 2016, 8:28 pm
Considering it is almost a year to the day since the last news post I can't say it looks too hopeful that the project is ongoing.
Not even an April Fools post this year!
RIP fleet ops :’(
posted on May 19th, 2016, 10:59 pm
Not dead. Just in hiding. :cloak: Give us more time.

And seriously. We have decided against posting an April fools. Would have made that no-news situation only worse.
posted on May 19th, 2016, 11:28 pm
Ok, sorry for my melodrama.
I'll keep checking now and them as I usually do!
posted on May 20th, 2016, 1:13 pm
Give us more time.

I say again Cola human only live for 70 to 100 years P.S if your lucky you only have so much time my friend. :thumbsup:
posted on May 24th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Hey guys what is going on no news in a while i have questions dammit , is there gonna be a campaign? Is there gonna be a new version? When is it gonna come out?
i hope you guys are even still alive,plz reply!
posted on May 24th, 2016, 2:55 pm
There is no campaign planned for the initial releases.
The next version of Fleet Operations, which is called NX internally, is not Armada based. Instead it will run on a new game engine. We'll post a news article about it, when we have something to show visually.
posted on May 24th, 2016, 2:59 pm
well that was quick thanks for reply seems you like you guys are dead :sweatdrop:
posted on May 24th, 2016, 10:20 pm
Is NX the type of thing that would end up on kick starter? Might be handy if you need more resources to develop.
Although I can imagine that could lead to potential copyright issues.

What stage of development are you at actually?
Are you doing under the bonnet work on the underlying engine? Or have you guys started working on adding items and ships to something that has already been set up?
Or is it simply the case that due to personal and work life commitment the development work is a bit slow at the moment? That type of thing is very understandable.
1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 91