Been almost two years, how's it coming?

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on October 29th, 2015, 8:51 am
I had basically entirely forgotten about Fleetops but randomly thought of it the other day. Did they ever finish the Borg overhaul? Just realized there have been about twelve posts on the general forum in two months counting mine. I guess that kind of tells me everything..
posted on October 29th, 2015, 12:38 pm
You mean... the Borg overhaul that's been around since version 3.0.0?

Still, there's apparently a lot of work going on for the NX project, which I can hardly wait for. :wub:

Aside from that, there are some people around like myself, waiting for a response to some graphics problems, and some other people that have been modding stuff. :thumbsup:
posted on October 29th, 2015, 1:30 pm
It's been 18 months since the Fleet Ops team stopped all work on the Armada II engine, and put all their efforts to putting Fleet Ops on a completely new engine. Since then we've had one official news post talking about ezEngine, and some fluff blogs discussing voice acting, and that's it.

Dominus Noctis and Doca Cola have been assuring us that work is progressing apace with NX, but the team has said multiple times that they consider communicating their progress a non-priority until beta, whenever that will be. Ref: //www.fleetops.net/forums/news/voice-of-the-star-empire-12816?p=202518#p202518.

Personally, unless you're invested in the community in other ways, I wouldn't bother checking back for another 18 months.
posted on October 29th, 2015, 3:36 pm
Yes it's very VERY slow moving with no to very little info on what's going on you be looking at 2 years for beta maybe some more there good chance by time NX comes out there be better star trek RTS game out let hope and who knows people might not even come back by time NX comes out would be 5 years or so from last up date will people even care or even know Fleet Ops still going.

So to around up on your {Been almost two years, hows it comming?}

Very Very Slow

Beta 3 years off

Game to be done 4 years off maybe 5 years off

So we all be much much older :D

And last of all don't come to this website hoping for info as you will not find it here lol even know it's the website for the game
posted on November 2nd, 2015, 11:50 am
Yes, the project is still kicking.
We have been doing Fleet Operations for a very long time (15 years now!). I have said in the past - and this still applies - if we ever going to stop working on FO for some reason, we'll communicate that and not just abandon the project.

I am really looking forward to present you the progress we've made with NX. Check back here from time to time and sooner or later there will be an announcement.
posted on November 2nd, 2015, 11:36 pm
Check back here from time to time and sooner or later there will be an announcement.

!!! from time to time

!!! sooner or later

!!! will be

!!! anouncement !

So many uncertainty waw, i do not know if to laugh or cry......

i cant express my frustration to you any more....
posted on November 3rd, 2015, 2:02 am
If you want them to get it done quick instead of just working in their free time, then you're going to have to pay them enough money that they can afford to quit their jobs and work on it full time. Unless you actually start working on your own mod or game and understand how long it takes, you can shut up about their time table. I'm sick of this entitled and disrespectful attitude.
posted on November 4th, 2015, 10:51 am
To be honest, I can wait for the glorious day of NX's release. What I really need is a solution to the graphic problems I've been having, as mentioned in this thread:

//www.fleetops.net/forums/technical/strange-graphics-glitches-in-game-12836
posted on November 4th, 2015, 11:00 am
Admiral Nat Redmanmark knows how to fix that or make it a lot better as i use to have that GFX and he told me how to fix it i think hit put it on the forum somewhere if not maybe he see this post and re post how to fix it
posted on November 4th, 2015, 7:43 pm
Your 100% right Shadow and so many people think that too.
posted on November 4th, 2015, 8:19 pm
please do not double post. edit your old post instead
posted on November 5th, 2015, 1:09 pm
You talking to me about double post as my first post was about Admiral Nat post and the 2 nd one that was all most 9 hours later was about Shadow post not sure why i would edit a post i did 9 hours be for that that had nothing to do with the new post i put up??
posted on November 5th, 2015, 10:29 pm
If you want them to get it done quick instead of just working in their free time, then you're going to have to pay them enough money that they can afford to quit their jobs and work on it full time. Unless you actually start working on your own mod or game and understand how long it takes, you can shut up about their time table. I'm sick of this entitled and disrespectful attitude.

Thats your right. Please respect mine opinion as much, as i respect yours. Stop saying "shut up" to me, when i am expresing myself and my feelings. Thank you.
posted on November 6th, 2015, 12:02 am
Shadow24 wrote:

Thats your right. Please respect mine opinion as much, as i respect yours. Stop saying "shut up" to me, when i am expresing myself and my feelings. Thank you.

You're right, I'm sorry. Still, two years is a really short development time for this kind of game. A professional studio with 100+ full-time employees would take about three years. Most developers don't even announce what they're working on until it's almost done, and even then it usually has a year left.

The closest games I can think of for comparison are Achron, which was announced (after a year or two in development) in 2009 and launched in 2011, and Planetary Annihilation, which had a budget of around $2,330,000, started in 2012, and was released this year. And they had large, full-time dev teams. FO has about a dozen people working on their own time and most of them don't do code.

Another large mod project, Black Mesa, started in 2004 and is still unfinished. Nehrim took four years with mostly pre-made art assets. Tamriel Rebuilt began production before Morrowind's 2002 release and is still going. Brotherhood of Shadow for KotOR took several years and is only four hours long. Battle for Wesnoth v0.1 came out in 2003 (after some development) and v1.0 didn't come out until 2005.

I'd honestly not expect to see any significant news about FO's gameplay for at least another year. Following the ezEngine development on Twitter would probably give you a better idea of how NX is going than waiting for the FO devs to post news.
posted on November 11th, 2015, 7:32 pm
Yea he kind of right Shadow be looking at mid next year or late next year be for we start seeing move met well move met on what we see.
1, 2