Idea: Achievements

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on February 22nd, 2013, 9:01 am
So, after playing a few offline matches the other day I had a shrike ship in a battle and I was cloaking out and it it survived with like.. 1 hp (yes, I checked!). And that was when I had this idea about achievements that seem to be so popular

Maybe something like this could be included in fleetops as well? I am not looking at achievements like "defeat 1 person in pvp" or "defeat 5 persons in pvp" and so on.

What I was looking at were fun-related things, that do not really tell people how good they are at playing but what kind of insane stunts you (maybe by accident!) pulled off.

Things like...

"Survivor - Have a ship leave combat with less than 10 hp"

or something...

Emphasis would be on things that are not performance oriented but simply fun-oriented. And naturally, you could probably "cheat" and gather these achievements by tricking the game if you really wanted to. So it shouldn't be anything that really has any value anyways.

But I thought it might be a nice fun idea for an element to lighten up the show a bit. :D
posted on February 22nd, 2013, 2:23 pm
I like the idea, but it would need some where like an online account to save. Otherwise you may have people modding the game to give them.

Now, let's see how many people cry about elitism...
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 3:16 am
If this is gonna happen. I call the Dominion Builder award!

Dominion Builder award (Dominion Race only) - Have at least 2000 military ships in operation simultaneously at least once in a match.
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 7:40 pm
If it is just limited to "fun" ones and not super silly achievements like you see in most video games these days ie "your first weapon achievement" "completed first mission achievement" "killed first boss achievement" ad naseum then it sounds like it would be kind of cool.

I would like to see some negative achievements. If you build a mining station and don't fortify it or have any ships near it for defense for say 20 minutes or more and it is destroyed by the enemy you could get a "absent minded" achievement. :D
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 9:13 pm
"Resistance is not futile" - Lose a game whilst playing as the Borg

:D
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 9:37 pm
I'd go with something like Assimilation is Futile.
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 9:43 pm
i've never been a fan of achievements in general, but i could get behind some fun ones.

"Powered by coffee" - promote an intrepid to veteran.

"Endgame" - deal the finishing blow to a borg cube using an intrepid.

"Miner disturbance" - Lose any combat ship to a ktinga.

"Boldly gone" - Lose any combat ship to a map hazard.

"Silent but deadly" - Destroy any enemy ship with the first volley fired when decloaking.
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 10:25 pm
"Pearl Harbor" - Destroy a shipyard with an A-20 Attack Destroyer's Collision ability.
"Team Work" - Destroy X ships with synergized units.
"David and Goliath" - Destroy a veteran ship with an non-promoted ship.
"Alamo" - Lose a starbase, but not before it destroys 400 enemy ships.

EDIT:
"That's No Moon" - Lose a mining ship to a Sphere.
posted on February 23rd, 2013, 11:08 pm
"bug spray" kill 10 bugs with defiants
posted on February 24th, 2013, 11:44 am
Last edited by leidernichtsmachen on February 24th, 2013, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's coffee in that nebula" - lose a (veteran) intrepid to a nebula

"It already is a word" - defeat your opponent using only ktingas (or "Hello, that's a nice ktinga")

EDIT:

"War is good for business" - have your teammates die horribly while you amass resources
posted on February 24th, 2013, 12:01 pm
Yes!!! Definiately just fun ones. You know. .the kind that makes you smile and snicker :lol:

Like many of your suggestions! Very awesome! "Powered by Coffee!" Thats how I run my exams <.< when I can...

"That's No Moon" - Lose a mining ship to a Sphere.

Yes!! like this! Hilarious!! :lol:
posted on February 24th, 2013, 12:14 pm
It could actually go the other way around - you would gain achievements not for playing well but for screwing up (losing ships to ferengi...)
posted on February 24th, 2013, 5:06 pm
"Your Way is not the Only Way" - leave an engagement without returning fire
"litany against fear"- Engage a cube
"trust me Data"- Destroy a cube
posted on February 24th, 2013, 5:16 pm
Honorary Kazon: Lose a game without killing a single enemy.
posted on February 24th, 2013, 7:48 pm
African or European Swallow- Destroy two ships from the same class but different avatars
1, 2, 3, 4, 5