OP Sangs and UP breen cruisers

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2
posted on May 25th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Iv noticed now that a few tactics in involving spamming sangs are very OP they dont need any research station to build and they can be spammed quite quickly, the only effective counter iv seen are dis rhiens.

Everything else iv seen try to beat this spam gets kited iv tested vs monsoons spam and intrepid spam but both are kited and beaten easy.

My idea for a fix.

Reduce the firing rate from behind from 0.9 seconds to 2-3 seconds.

OR make is a medium range ship when firing behind it self this way kiting is thrown out.

The breen cruiser used to be able to do this so before anyone argues its fine just ask the people what it reminds them of which alot of people have forgotten the breen cruisers used to do just this but now they are broke and have little use.

These also need a fix in my opinion perhaps the same as the sang, a reduced fire rate from behind or a medium range firing range from behind to stop kiting.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 1:14 pm
What about a 270 degree firing arc for the sang? Make it less kitable but still easy to manouver
posted on May 25th, 2011, 1:21 pm
Unleash Mayhem wrote:What about a 270 degree firing arc for the sang? Make it less kitable but still easy to manouver

I dunno i think all ships should have a 360 firing arc, because even when they have a forward torp tube the torp can be dropped before being activated as long as they have their own propulsion but it isnt really needed to have so much detail, but when a ship cannot defend it self from behind then its just throwing micro out of the window because theres no point retreating to repair because it cannot get away, the breen cruiser is slow and cant fire from behind which is why no one builds it anymore(rarely), and its slow cloak means you will lose alot of ships when you try and flee.

The sang as it is now is exactly what the breen cruiser used to be a heavy hitter in numbers and a major kiter.

I think we just need to work out a way to prevent it from kiting if it is possible a smaller firing range from behind might fix that but also a slower firing rate.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 1:25 pm
Restricted firing arcs are a massive part of micro in this game, it's all about outmanoeuvring enemy ships. You shouldn't be over extending with ships that all have a restricting firing arc and no cloak because they will get killed.

Gameplay>realism, although I think you just gave a canon reason for the canon dues out there, but I don't agree all ships should have 360 arcs.

Agree on the sangs though. Not sure about Breen cruisers, they fill the role they are designed for.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Unleash Mayhem wrote:Agree on the sangs though. Not sure about Breen cruisers, they fill the role they are designed for.

They dont fill any role atm they are very very rarely built because they are too slow, they can be very effective agaisnt battleships but trying to get away is a big problem because they are very slow, they need the same fix as the sangs.

To add to the sangs OP 'ness they can also cloak without any need for special energy so they can use their special along with their already very fast firing speed and still cloak when ever they need(after the cooldown)
posted on May 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Kestrel wrote:they can be very effective agaisnt battleships

Seems like a role to me? They destroy medium ranged battleships like nothing else.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 4:22 pm
Their role is usually unnecessary. Most players don't bother taking a risky battleship option except in team games, and Breen Cruisers in team games will get slaughtered by the one player who didn't go with something the Breen Cruisers counter.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 4:28 pm
uhm they become a bit better if you combine them with c11...thats all I am saying about them :D
posted on May 25th, 2011, 4:30 pm
It's equipt with a Cloaking device, while used by a race that otherwise lacks that ability. It can act like a heavier scout.

That's a non-combat role it can do, if you can accept the reduced sensor range.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 4:32 pm
hmmm.... shouldnt monsoons counter sang? If thats the case then perhaps the sang is just too fast. Lowering the speed would probably help - atleast with that scenario. It was always my impression that long range vessels should be slow so as to allow shorter ranged ones the ability to catch them, combined with a counter then they should be beatable.

Now we wait for the gods of Flops to speak..... er post.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 4:34 pm
nooooooooo Sangs are just fine :D Lately I've been seeing Borg destroying Klingon...........Borg are too strong! :D :D
posted on May 25th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Last edited by Kestrel on May 25th, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Njm1983 wrote:hmmm.... shouldnt monsoons counter sang? If thats the case then perhaps the sang is just too fast. Lowering the speed would probably help - atleast with that scenario. It was always my impression that long range vessels should be slow so as to allow shorter ranged ones the ability to catch them, combined with a counter then they should be beatable.

Now we wait for the gods of Flops to speak..... er post.

No i tested this vs a fed player i spammed sangs while he spammed monsoons and warps, and i could just kite his ships run at them firing them break off but still keep picking off monsoons as they come because they are short range. Following them at this pace is suicide and falling back just means its takes longer but its the same result.

This was the same problem with the OLD breen cruisers, nothing could counter them because they fired fast and could kite.

nooooooooo Sangs are just fine Cheesy Lately I've been seeing Borg destroying Klingon...........Borg are too strong!

Yeah that was a real useful post, you didnt say what the klingon was doing.

Borg are perfect in this patch they have never been so balanced before as far as i can remember.

Try facing sang spam when borg and you WILL get owned.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 6:17 pm
Well, Sangs are already one of the slowest Klingon ships. And it's their only 360 degree/long ranged ships. It's the only counter to many Klingon problems, that is everything the Vor'cha can't counter(E2s, Assims, larger Dom ships). They are small, have little crew and are slow. I don't think they are so much of a problem. A monsoon is actually a hard counter to them. Instead of going warp ins or Intrepids double yarding monsoons should have been the way to go to easily slaughter them. Only Borg could have real problems, but I think Dodes and probes could help them - I'm not an experienced Borg player, though.
You should see what already a single Breen cruiser does to a Warbird  :blink:. They are the best answer to warships in the whole game I think. However, there are few strategies that rely on battleships only, so the breen cruisers role isn't needed very often, as nebula class pointed out.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Lt. Cmdr. Marian Hope wrote:A monsoon is actually a hard counter to them.

well it isnt.
posted on May 25th, 2011, 6:36 pm
50% damage reduction and 40% torpedo avoidance, seems to make the Monsoon a good choice.
1, 2