Klingon miners/k'tingas

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2, 3
posted on May 6th, 2011, 2:48 pm
I think for balance those miners changing into k'tingas should have a delay on it or not being able to change while underattack, this is taking away raiding from klingons, i had a tourney game with redeye and we were raiding each others mining, he could destroy mine but i could not destroy his because he instatly turned into k'tingas and flew off to repair, at first thought at least he doesnt have miners but neither do i and he has another 6 ships for his fleet, which he is now using to raid and they became cannon fodder when my rhiens and lahevals engaged his sangs, i lost even tho i had superiority because my fleet would auto target the k'tingas.

This isnt balanced it needs a delay it doesn tmake sense that they can just dispatch cargo containers and then have a fully functioning disruptor cannon ready to fire, the disruptor cannon is not online to begin with so it should take time to enable the weapon like a pause with the new genrix.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 2:52 pm
If your enemy turns the topmeys to Ktingas you did a successful raid. That's it. He loses ressources, you can usually immediately kill the KTingas since they can't cloak and are really weak. In my eyes the only useful way of using kTingas is for a Ktinga rush or to defend against really early raiding by one or two Rhienns. But even then you'll be left without ressources at that moon. Ktingas are perfectly balanced, maybe a bit too weak.:P
posted on May 6th, 2011, 2:57 pm
Last edited by Kestrel on May 6th, 2011, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Cmdr. Marian Hope wrote:If your enemy turns the topmeys to Ktingas you did a successful raid. That's it. He loses ressources, you can usually immediately kill the KTingas since they can't cloak and are really weak. In my eyes the only useful way of using kTingas is for a Ktinga rush or to defend against really early raiding by one or two Rhienns. But even then you'll be left without ressources at that moon. Ktingas are perfectly balanced, maybe a bit too weak.:P

Wrong they are not useless, they become cannot fodder in his fleet his sangs were protected by weaker ships that are auto targeted giving his sangs more time to do damage.
I tried targetting the sangs but imediatly after 1 was destroyed it would target the k'tingas giving again more time for the sangs.

My mining was destroyed as well but my mining didnt become part of my attack fleet so your not making a good case for it being balanced without a time for the refit. The genrix has to pause to install weapons why the the miners.

This is also enhanced by the fact that klingons can use specials and still cloak without using any energy , so can stick around longer while cloaked without worry that they wont have enough energy to recloak.

Romulans are the experts in cloak tech so why do klingons get this but not romulans.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 3:35 pm
firstly if his ktingas are in battle, i suggest you kill them like any other ship, they werent free, he paid money to buy topmeys, and more money to buy new topmeys to mine. and u get experience by killing the ktingas. its not like the ktingas have a passive to tank or anything, they are easy kills.

romulans can recloak easily too, i have never run out of energy to cloak.

i agree that the refit should have a short timer, much shorter than generix. but still short enough that if u pop 3 immediately as u see the enemy fleet, 2 should survive to fight.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Agreed K-Tingas are totaly fine.

- You pay for them

- When turned to K-Tingas the player loses his mining. (if it were the moon mining topmeys)

- T-Tingas may tank for other units but due to the fact that they are easy to kill the player will lose many supplies.

- Supplies are very expensive for klingons that balances it out.

In early games every faction has his own fast rush units.
Feds = Warpins , Klings = K-Tingas , Dom = Bugs & Bombers , Borg = Scubes & probes , Rom = Rhieens
posted on May 6th, 2011, 4:41 pm
Yea K'tingas are fine they do what they are supposed to, keep your mining ships alive and then they can raid or tank later in battles. Sorry but your fleet must have been really weak if wiping out those k'tingas was a real distraction
posted on May 6th, 2011, 4:47 pm
A low-level K't'inga makes the Romulan freighter look durable...
posted on May 6th, 2011, 4:58 pm
I don't think the Ktingas need to be changed at all.

They were already altered so that they have to be near the mining station to pop. So you won't be easily rushed by them, with the delay to cloak until after their boost dissipates.

Thinking Klingon, I don't really want a timer in there. How long does it take to discard a couple of cargo containers? Klingons will always be ready to revert to a weapons firing destroyer. It's probably something they practice in their sleep. It's like ejecting the warp-core in cases of emergency. I'm pretty sure they just press a button and boom, there it goes. There's no timer to wait 10 seconds that eject the warp-core. Likewise, detaching a few cargo containers would take precious few seconds, and be a k'tinga again.

Especially since it really is a weak ship. Just target his other ships manually.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 5:12 pm
dumping the cargo is easy, but getting the disruptors back up isnt as easy. i think it would take a few minutes (not in game minutes) of rerouting power flows to get guns back.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 5:28 pm
But seriously Myles, a KTinga is that weak, even a second would be enough to get it killed. As Klingon player the replaceweapon gives you exactly the second to decide whether to flee or stay, but most of the time it won't be enough. If the KTinga shouldn't lose its worth with that time to reroute, it should keep the topmey defense during that time. As I said, the ship is supply heavy, weaker than a Bug and doesn't have a cloak for 30sec(or so).
Kestrel, do you want to tell us next that C-11 are imba because they tank for Bugs?
posted on May 6th, 2011, 6:05 pm
i never said it wasnt weak, i just think it should have a timer anyway.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Stop saying that its weak jesus your just echoing what the guy just before you said this thread isnt about them being too powerful its about the miners being able to instatly change into a destroyer without any time taken to install the weapons.  The fact that they can change imediatly without anytime makes them slightly unbalanced they are weak yes but no other race can do this and they become cannon fodder to use to take the beating in fleet battles.

The problem with my match was that both of us kept catching each other off guard and wiping out each others mining, my fleet at his base was too powerful to fight off away from the mining and vice versa in my base so both our mining were hit but his became destroyers and mine were gone.....so when the time came that both of us were out of resources and it became a fleet vs fleet battle to finish it his miners added to the bulk of his fleet and took the beating while his sangs could tank in the back, if there was a timer for the weapons to be installed on the miners then i could have destroyed all 3 all the same.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 10:42 pm
if u had your whole fleet at his exp and he had his whole fleet at yours then you should have just killed the ktingas after they popped. if u got your whole fleet scared off by 3-6 ktingas then you deserve to see them come back later and add their little bit to the fight.

we agree on having a timer, i dont think it should be a long one, no new stuff is being fitted, just an old set of disruptors turned back on.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 10:46 pm
I want a timer of 5 seconds, during which the K'tinga has the defense of the Topmey. I only want it for the realism of the crew not instantly changing the ship.
posted on May 6th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Realism is not an argument when it detracts from the fun.
1, 2, 3