Excelsior II

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2, 3
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:26 pm
I think the E II should have chassis requirement too. On the flip side of the argument though, It'd still be nice to have another vessel be available at the advanced yard. I was recently watching the battle scene in first contact and it occurred to me that the Akira fires vollies of 3-5 torpedoes. Not single shots like in Fleet ops.

Its pretty well known its a chassis 2 vessel, but would it really mess stuff up badly if it were moved to advanced yard as the initially available vessel and have a volley style photon torpedoes. For balance sake it could be tweaked so it isnt any more powerful than currently - however this could lead to an akira rush at the advanced yard instead of E II.

I dunno, what do you think? Im overly zealous for the onscreen stuff, because I think it can be worked in and balanced. But most people think its a waste of time.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:33 pm
Last edited by Tyler on August 19th, 2010, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FO seems to be keeping the volley-style for Quantums so far, Photons are a single shot. Every Starfleet ship fires volleys in canon, but FO doesn't go by on-screen for everything.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:39 pm
Boggz wrote:   Aaaaaaand we add Zaxxon to the "out of his mind" list.  Fellow members include Gamer  and .....  Gamer.  :D

Hey, I"m not questioning the insanity of that game, the ship was way op, but it doesn't mean I can't like it. :D  I obviously don't want it in FO like that, but it would still be cool.  I think it is a beautiful design.  Anyway, don't group me with gamer like that, I don't make these kinds of posts often.:p  I don't know if you downloaded my achilles mod, but it had all those things and wasn't incredibly OP like it sounds.

Becides, we all know who else is in that list... :whistling:
posted on August 20th, 2010, 12:58 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Hey, I"m not questioning the insanity of that game, the ship was way op, but it doesn't mean I can't like it. :D  I obviously don't want it in FO like that, but it would still be cool.  I think it is a beautiful design.  Anyway, don't group me with gamer like that, I don't make these kinds of posts often.:p  I don't know if you downloaded my achilles mod, but it had all those things and wasn't incredibly OP like it sounds.

Becides, we all know who else is in that list... :whistling:

Personally i'd like to see the Phalanx replaced by the Achilles
Achilles - DS9: Dominion Wars

Sure it would need to be balanced a bit, but the aggressive approach seems to fit Risner like a glove.
posted on August 20th, 2010, 9:01 pm
Well, the Achilles is a VERY fine ship I think, but AFTER the dominon war, I think it became a more better ship (look at the timeline).

In fleetops, it would be a ship, that is able to multitarget enemy destroyers and cruisers. It should be powerful against short/midranged ships, while itself having only short/midrange, but good speed and a balanced off/def-value.

With these abilities, it would replace the sovereign.
posted on August 20th, 2010, 9:23 pm
It would get bonuses against borg, and maybe have the micro quantum torpedoes work well against smaller faster ships too.  Maybe as borg mixed tech?  I could deal with that.  We definitely don't need it as dominion mixed tech :lol:
posted on August 20th, 2010, 10:02 pm
If it were to replace the Phalanx, it would only be available late ingame so the risk of an OP unit is reduced.
posted on August 20th, 2010, 10:03 pm
Risner loves her Phalanx too much :P
posted on August 20th, 2010, 10:09 pm
I love the Phalanx, especially the weapon effects and model, if there is anything else to love.
posted on August 20th, 2010, 10:13 pm
i dont like the phalanx model, it looks too much like an intrepid.
posted on August 20th, 2010, 11:04 pm
Thats ok its replacement is on the TODO list.
posted on August 21st, 2010, 12:54 am
yep, a new Phalanx model should arrive "soon" ^-^
posted on August 21st, 2010, 1:39 am
Last edited by Andre27 on August 21st, 2010, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Risner loves her Phalanx too much :P

She will love the Achilles even more. ;)

It's just... the whole Magnan Phaser Array doesn't feel Federation. It's like there's some foreign piece of technology has been dumped in the Federation ranks.

A Phaser with an area effect? Even in war the Federation is all about avoiding collateral damage. That Mangnan Array is all about the area effect. IMO it just does not belong hence i never use the thing.

It's like a federation Multikinetic Neutronic mine, a WMD.
posted on August 21st, 2010, 1:51 am
Risner isn't your typical Starfleet Admiral :D
posted on August 21st, 2010, 2:53 am
Andre27 wrote:She will love the Achilles even more. ;)

Holy mother of God! Did you just say what I think you did?! Nice!
1, 2, 3