Excelsior II

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2, 3
posted on August 19th, 2010, 3:15 am
What does everyone think about having Mayson's E2's require chassis level 2?  Might provide more incentive for Mayson players to tech up in 2v2...
posted on August 19th, 2010, 3:18 am
It's been suggested before and it's still a great idea. ^-^

I've always assumed that they have something else planned in the redo, and they're focusing on that.  But I wouldn't mind seeing the E-II require lvl 2 chassis.  There still needs to be an accessible ship at the Euradi yard without needing chassis upgrades.  Hopefully they'll add one before the redo.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 3:22 am
Nova to Eraudi yard! 
posted on August 19th, 2010, 3:37 am
Haha!  If it were available to both, that would be great! :lol:
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:02 am
i think the science ship(remore) from the Eraudi yard would be good cuz it's a strong ship with all it's specials...
posted on August 19th, 2010, 2:46 pm
I like the idea that the E2 requires chassis 2, as it is a design related to the Sovereign, so it should have some similar tech requirements. At the very least it should require chassis 1 as I don't think anyone ever gets an Eraudi yard before researching chassis 1.

I would really like it if Mayson did have more of a reason to get chassis 2. Right now Mayson feds often completely forget chassis 2 (warpins are one big reason; the long build times of the Nova and Akira are another.)

I think putting the Nova in Eraudi makes about as much sense as putting the Sang in the Battle Yard; I think it's too small of a ship but maybe the Nova is special compared to other small Fed ships in that it has materials only the Eraudi yard can handle. I think that making the Nova the first available Eraudi ship will make it a ship we see more often.
Risner of course would not have any ship to build at first from Eraudi, but maybe the Nova could be made non-avatar specific, with a more fitting ship for Mayson's second extra unit (Steamrunner, high defense, non-artillery variant anyone?)
posted on August 19th, 2010, 2:53 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on August 19th, 2010, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back when the norway was op and the e2 was bordering on op it was quite possible for mayson to skip starfleet engineering and all the chassis researches and make antares yard, engineering, sfc, then spam norways for a while, then spam e2 for the rest of the game as the e2 can and always could finish the game. all the while making warpins.

mayson used to get build time reductions as well, so he could have sfc out in a ludicrously short amount of time.

i dont know why we need an eraudi yard ship that can be made without chassis research.

i'm happy with e2 requiring chassis 2 and not having a ship that can be built without chassis 2. chassis researches are persistent, so even if engineering gets munched by the enemy, you can still make those ships as long as u have the yard and money.

maybe give the eraudi yard the ability to make the intrepid. starfleet like efficiency and multitasking, so maybe their big yard can make a small yard ship too. that way your eraudi yard can make something before chassis 2.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:00 pm
How about having the eraudi yard build excelsior refits like the lakota, and then when the chassis research is complete, it upgrades to e2's?
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:05 pm
I believe Lakota-style refits are going to be veteran for the Excelsior, or at least a second Warp-In type. Either way, the design is almost as old as the original and unlikely to be buildable.

Upgrading to an Excelsior-II isn't really possible, that's a common side-effect of being an entirely seperate ship.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:21 pm
Well, the E-2 are a spam ship like the V-13. What I would like to see is the ecm switching from the klingon transport-assault vessel to another klingon ship, that may have tactical weapons array. So it does inceased damage to long range vessels and can evade tors pretty well - a hard counter to the E-2 and the dominion bomber and the rhienn torp-refit and also good against assims and diamonds. The klingon really lack this ability to go against those vessels. They have the B'rel for that, but it is just too weak and not good for late game.

Also, Martok needs the Sang class as well as taq - so I dont like the idea, that this ship is +2 for taq only. Maybe taq could get a bonus on a different ship. and the Sang will get its +2 out of the stock.

I'm also for chassis level 2 for E-2.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:48 pm
Hrm...perhaps a Cheyenne-class?  They were fairly new in TNG, and while the one at Wolf-359 got the hell blown out of it, that's not really a good metric of how good they are.

Bonus points for it being one of the very, very few quad-nacelle ships.  Semi-bonus is that there is no information whatsoever about it's armament.  Could be whatever the devs want.  But it is about 340m long, I do believe.

I kinda picture it as a high speed Eraudi ship, focused around it's phaser strips (the saucer section is like a Galaxy's, just smaller), using them to out flank larger, more power ships, while it uses it's size and (likely) potent shielding to defeat smaller ships, which it's size allows it to pursue.

Of course, this makes it sound like a Risner ship.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 4:56 pm
Myles wrote:maybe give the eraudi yard the ability to make the intrepid. starfleet like efficiency and multitasking, so maybe their big yard can make a small yard ship too. that way your eraudi yard can make something before chassis 2.

The ability to produce a few small yard vessels in the large yard would indeed be a good way to make Feds different from the other races, adding to the playstyle diversity.  :thumbsup:
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:15 pm
Nebula_Class_Ftw wrote:The ability to produce a few small yard vessels in the large yard would indeed be a good way to make Feds different from the other races, adding to the playstyle diversity.  :thumbsup:

Or a slightly different version of the Intrepid (Extra Torpedo, medium range), perhaps the Achilles-Class from DS9:Dominion Wars.

But if any ship should be moved to a different yard, the Akira Class seems best suited for the task.

That is off course unless they bring back the Galaxy as a buildable ship.
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:18 pm
Naw, i would rather the achilles be a experimental warpin ship.  if done right, that thing could be used as a light dreadnought.  phalanx array, 8 pulse phasers, transphasic shielding, ablative hull armoring...  I love that thing :whistling:
posted on August 19th, 2010, 10:20 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Naw, i would rather the achilles be a experimental warpin ship.  if done right, that thing could be used as a light dreadnought.  phalanx array, 8 pulse phasers, transphasic shielding, ablative hull armoring...  I love that thing :whistling:

Aaaaaaand we add Zaxxon to the "out of his mind" list.  Fellow members include Gamer  and .....  Gamer.  :D
1, 2, 3