Dominion vs Romulan

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2
posted on August 16th, 2010, 6:27 pm
Interesting, so the Puretech cost reduction is enuff to make use of prototypes as a boon for a fleet feasible? Of course the build time is probly ridiculous, but only one yard taking a while to put it out.
posted on August 16th, 2010, 6:29 pm
I wouldn't consider it as a boon for a fleet really, though you may choose to use it as such  ^-^ . Puretech just gets an extremely nice boost by having Construction Yard protos that are cheaper than the baseline unit :)
posted on August 16th, 2010, 7:05 pm
as the build time for protos is so much longer than normal ships it probably wont work. you would need to pay for more yards to make the cheaper protos, negating the boon.
posted on August 17th, 2010, 12:17 am
Hey Dom I thought you said that spamming protos doesn't work and your source for this knowledge was incorrect
posted on August 17th, 2010, 12:19 am
I said I was wrong that you could trick the Puretech Yard into producing multiple Prototypes of the B-8 at once - that's a separate issue from the one Nebula is discussing :) .
posted on August 17th, 2010, 9:45 am
yeah at the moment you can only make 1 pure b8 proto, then the button gets disabled and thats your lot lol.
1, 2