Replaceweapon / Separation

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on January 23rd, 2008, 4:28 pm
the odf name for the weapon on the Akira is

weaponx = "DeploySquad"
weaponHardpointsx = "hpx"

now.. in the techtree i have

DeploySquad.odf                0

And thats it.

There is nothing you need to put in the fighters or anything like that. Because they are just by-products of the separation. I wanted it to replace the akira with an akira and fighters so i created an odf for the akira that doesn't launch any. So that I can't keep spawning fighters endlessly.

However, again I must ask, is your game crashing when you use the weapon? or when you build the ship with the weapon? If its crashing when you use the weapon. check the odfs of the ships thats replacing your carrier. My prometheus was constantly crashing because I had a weapon odf on the Prom Saucer section that i had taken out of the techtree  but forgot to take off the ship. So I loaded each section of the prometheus until the game crashed and low and behold I discovered my error. I took the weapon off, and BANG the separator worked like a charm. So I need more info about your crash. Thanks in advance.
posted on January 24th, 2008, 2:28 am
Thanks for the help, got it workking now. I looked over it carefully and saw I misspelled a command.
posted on February 1st, 2008, 2:49 am
I have been working on a MVAM Mod for release soon. I just wanted to go ahead and offer my most sincere thanks to DOCA, the FleetOps team, and anyone that worked on the Patch Project that have made my mini-mod possible. Once again guys, thank you.

Best of luck on all your work.
posted on February 1st, 2008, 9:03 am
is there a way to put more than one replaceweapon weapon on to a single ship for lauching different fighters or different mvam eg one for only the saucer seperation for the prommie (mid and low section still stay on) and another for full mvam
posted on February 1st, 2008, 2:15 pm
It would involve several odf's defining each ship, but I believe it could definitely be done. It's all worked out in my head  :pinch:

Thun
posted on February 1st, 2008, 4:51 pm
It can also be used for factions/avatars...

You start with just a starbase, which can't build anything but has 2 replaceweapons, swapping the starbase for ones which can build different things...

It won't do the event thing, but everything else theoretically works...
posted on February 1st, 2008, 7:58 pm
yh i was thinkin this for a mod (to have a hidden special avatar that has all the benifits) but i cnt seem to get more than one replaceweapon on the station
posted on March 4th, 2008, 11:03 am
Blade wrote:is there a way to put more than one replaceweapon weapon on to a single ship for lauching different fighters or different mvam eg one for only the saucer seperation for the prommie (mid and low section still stay on) and another for full mvam

Can someone put an example up (including using the "replacementkeepName" command for each seperate weapon)?
posted on March 8th, 2008, 9:55 am
being limited to one button of each special weapon type is a known limitation in armada 2. there will be a fix in one of the next versions of the patch project to solve this.

@Captain Rand
Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - Modding features guide <- is it that what you were looking for?
posted on March 9th, 2008, 12:53 pm
DOca Cola... thanks. I've already seen the page you hyperlinked to, but that didn't give the information I wanted. However, you HAVE kinda answered the question to my problem here. I wanted to modify a ship so I could transform into two or more variants, and have these choices available via multiple instances of the replace weapon command. I didn't realize you could only have one at a time. Glad to see you'll be addressing the problem though.
posted on March 9th, 2008, 11:15 pm
you could use the fusion weapon for the second one.

This fricking classlabel is a godsend, some of the weapons you can come up with, not even mentioning the ship deployment. I made realistic mine field deployment, scatter turrets, launchable smart missiles... Thanks guys.

Bummer is the AI wont use it, even if it's in the build list... at least I think so.
posted on April 4th, 2008, 8:01 am
during a beta test of my andromeda acendant i have been alerted to an error which is the seperated/launced fighters share system damage with there mothership (if the carriers life support is disabled and launchers fighters then their life support will also be disabled)
posted on April 29th, 2008, 1:37 pm
i will add a command that sets health of separated vessels back to 100% instead of setting it relative to the owner ships health in the next version
posted on April 29th, 2008, 6:00 pm
kool thats good to here will it be a togable command so u can enable it if ur launching fighters but disable it if making seperations
posted on April 30th, 2008, 6:28 am
how would a not-toggleable command look like?  ^-^
Yep it will be toggleable of course
1, 2, 3, 4