A request for this series of patches.

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on August 19th, 2007, 3:36 am
hello,

I have played Armada 2 for some time now, and I love the game, and I love what you are doing with the game.  I have a request and I hope that you can make it a reality... As we have all seen in cannon trek, when the Enterprise E fired apon the Borg Cube, Sphere and then later at the Pheonix when the Borg Queen took control, in First Contact, the ship fired bursts of torpedoes... could you possibly make an odf line that would allow us to simulate this in Armada 2?  something like:

Code: Select all
//Burst fire weapon
burstFire = 1

//Number of shots
shots = 3

this would be something I would love to personally see in your patches.  I hope you have something like this planned.

On another note, in Armada 1, they had dogfighting which was like the ships circling each other firing at each other.  Well another thing seen in First contact is all the federation ships circling the Cube and firing and doing damage and all, think you can do something similar to this too?

Aden
posted on August 19th, 2007, 3:44 am
Watch the Sovereign closely, it already does this.

(oops we're in the patch board)
What I meant to say is the sovi in fleetops already does this through a special weapon.
posted on August 19th, 2007, 6:12 am
No, it doesn't??? Correct me if I'm wrong but I always see the sovy just have this engines off ability (shame on me I dunno the name of it).
posted on August 19th, 2007, 6:27 am
Jan is right, the Sovereign actually doesn't have something like a burst-fire-mode.
Maybe I'm wrong now, but if I remember the thread about this issue right, we might get torpedo-bursts in a future release after V3 final. (Or I completely mixed up the games here..  :sweatdrop: )

Concerning dogfighting we might also see this in a future version of FO again. But I absolutely second your request, Aden!  :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums by the way! Happy posting!  :thumbsup:
posted on August 19th, 2007, 8:35 pm
Jan wrote:No, it doesn't??? Correct me if I'm wrong but I always see the sovy just have this engines off ability (shame on me I dunno the name of it).
Watch the initial torepedoe burst, its a passive ability.
posted on August 19th, 2007, 8:54 pm
#include "photon.odf"

ordName = "fedW_sovereign2o"

shotDelay = 3.0f
#include "global_range_medium.list"
fireSound = "federation_torpedo_quantum.wav"

saveFire = 1
maxShots = 3
minimumShotInterval = 0.5

//Fleet Operations, Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations - Welcome to Fleet Operations!

Based on the odf-file you might call it burst-fire. The only question is, whether burst-fire was intended or not  :sweatdrop:
Actually I wouldn't describe it as burst-fire because they are not fired at the same time though they are fired fast.
Maybe I'm totally wrong. I never really changed weapon-odfs.
Depending on the definition of burst the Sovie can do it or not.
My 2 Cents.  :blush:
posted on August 20th, 2007, 4:05 am
this would not go into a patch because a patched verson would not be compatible with a non-patched verson this is a patch not a mod if you want it why not make it for your self and send it to file front  :crybaby:
posted on August 20th, 2007, 5:16 am
Meredith wrote:this would not go into a patch because a patched verson would not be compatible with a non-patched verson this is a patch not a mod if you want it why not make it for your self and send it to file front  :crybaby:

There would only be problems with the compatibility unless everyone downloads and installs the patch. I assume everyone would do so if the staff decides to release something like a patch.  ???
posted on August 24th, 2007, 5:55 pm
actually what I would like to see is that every time the Enterprise fires quantum torpedoes, I want it to always fire a burst of 3 torpedoes. In stock A2 the Save fire feature doesn't fully work like that.  It saves fire when its in a battle situation but it doesn't save them normally. therefor, when in battle after firing the first 3 shots, it would then only fire 1. This is just a small request guys, if you dont take it I wont mind.

Aden
posted on August 25th, 2007, 8:18 am
noted :)
posted on August 28th, 2007, 3:04 am
Actually if you limit the firing arc of the torpedo weapon and assign it the save fire command...and give it a long enough shotdelay say about 3.5 to 4.0f sec...the torpedos will fire a burst every time....That's how I have my Sovereign set up in my modded game.