Norway and Excelsior II: Platform Synergizers

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on November 4th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Transform your thinking: imagine exciting new tactical possibilities with the Norway and Excelsior II!

Click here to read this article!
posted on November 4th, 2012, 7:11 pm
Now the Federation turrets are looking quite attractive. Before, building a single platform was like building one or two whole ships which had to be supported by ships. Now it appears that it'll hardly interfere with ship construction and having a couple of ships to back it up is well worth the resources. Say, are there going to be any videos of this in action?
posted on November 4th, 2012, 8:32 pm
i LOVE the norway and i LOVE its new use as a raiding vessel vs stationary defense. The E2 Siege mode is pretty epic to.
posted on November 4th, 2012, 10:04 pm
is that a new model of the excelsior? it looks fantastic!

not sure about loosing the ability to target while in its Platform Profile, but i suppose it will look better aesthetically.

tho i do like it being toggleable
posted on November 4th, 2012, 10:10 pm
well, the e2 has always been a slow moving turret at heart, now it's official :)

i like this idea of throwing down e2s, reminds me of those tick tanks in c&c.

will guided quantums still use special energy? or will this be something that can be left on permanently?

norways will be able to repair e2s if the e2 stands still. should make for some interesting strats.
posted on November 4th, 2012, 10:15 pm
Nope, no energy cost, just toggleable :)

Nope, I'm afraid that's the old model :D
posted on November 4th, 2012, 10:24 pm
Very nice you guys :)
posted on November 4th, 2012, 11:35 pm
so when its in a Platform Profile, (it switches off its phaser and engines) does that mean it gets a defensive boost as well?

and how long is it between toggling cool downs

Dominus_Noctis wrote:Nope, I'm afraid that's the old model :D

oh ok, i assume its had a bit of tweaking, just seems a bit crisper than the screenshots i try to take. awesome background as well. that must be new?

2nd edit. just noticed the image is reversed as the registration is backwards :P
posted on November 5th, 2012, 12:07 am
Nope, just an Offensive Value boost :) . Cooldown is 10 seconds, but that might change later in balancing.

Nope, no tweaking, that's the real thing - everything just looks nicer in a news post :D

And nope, no registration flipping either - some Star Trek ships just have the registry aligned that way.
posted on November 5th, 2012, 2:31 am
~Plasma Coil~
Rest in Peace
posted on November 5th, 2012, 3:55 am
Interesting changes. I'm looking forward to seeing if the theory of how these units are to be used with the turrets pans out in competitive play.
posted on November 5th, 2012, 10:55 am
ray320 wrote:~Plasma Coil~
Rest in Peace

*rest in pieces.

plasma coil wasn't a very federation ability. it had to be nerfed hard to avoid people just building a ball of norways and then coiling every small ship to death.

nothing will be lost, if the enemy spams loads of weak ships, then get some offensive profile ships to mop up.

my favourite special from the norway was the one that gave energy to another ship (emergency power), it didn't need research, and 60 energy was enough to ensure almost constant use of venture decloak.
posted on November 5th, 2012, 11:42 am
speaking of "federation" abilities, I always wondered why some of the klingon ships had nano plate armor which sounds like something that either the borg would have or that the federation would have because of their extensive experience with the borg.
posted on November 5th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Myles wrote:
ray320 wrote:~Plasma Coil~
Rest in Peace

*rest in pieces.

plasma coil wasn't a very federation ability. it had to be nerfed hard to avoid people just building a ball of norways and then coiling every small ship to death.

nothing will be lost, if the enemy spams loads of weak ships, then get some offensive profile ships to mop up.

my favourite special from the norway was the one that gave energy to another ship (emergency power), it didn't need research, and 60 energy was enough to ensure almost constant use of venture decloak.

The plasma coil was an awesome cloak buster though and will be sorely missed.
posted on November 5th, 2012, 6:24 pm
Andre27 wrote:The plasma coil was an awesome cloak buster though and will be sorely missed.

Unfortunately of course, the Plasma Coil did not hit cloaked units ^-^
1, 2