MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30
posted on May 25th, 2014, 10:10 am
Has anyone encountered the problem where the buttons disappear and tool tips stop functioning? IS there a fix ?

EDIT: i tried this to no avail.
//www.fleetops.net/forums/technica ... ar#p195953
posted on May 25th, 2014, 12:35 pm
I haven't come across that problem, or seen anyone else mention it?

You're sure these buttons don't do anything?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69lpy0gx9mfjl ... 223257.png
posted on May 25th, 2014, 1:21 pm
yeah tried that.

But all things are fine now not sure how it just reappeared but they did.
posted on May 26th, 2014, 5:17 am
2nd post updated with a new add-on. Try it if you like and let me know if you have any problems with it or the mod in general.

Glad you got your game working again N.T. Thanks for the help EvilGenius
posted on May 29th, 2014, 6:07 pm
Hi all, I have just tried this mod and have patched it up all the way to 1.7 but it crashes on loading any mission. I have included the crash report. Hopefully one of you can help me.

Attachments

exceptArmada2.txt
Crash Report
(23.48 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
posted on May 30th, 2014, 1:26 am
Just checking to see if you got your game working? I don't really notice anything in particular with the bug report though it's mostly Greek to me. Did you try playing after each individual update was installed to see after which one it stopped working?

You're the only one who's reported that they can't get the missions to work so I'm not sure. Mine starts fine and I know EvilGenius's works as well. You said none of the missions load. Does that mean you edited the ART-CFG file to give all missions at the start? Have you edited anything else?
posted on May 30th, 2014, 9:47 am
Only difference I can see here is that buttcrackbeaver is running windows 8, I'm doing all my gameplay/testing on win7. whether this makes any difference I can't tell you, I don't have windows 8 available to test with.
posted on May 30th, 2014, 11:18 am
I haven't edited the artcfg file. The only mission I tried to start was the first federation mission and instant action. I will try the patches individually and see if that works. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for your help.
posted on May 30th, 2014, 11:23 am
Noob question I know, but are you installing the patches on top of each other, ie starting with 1.1 full, patching to 1.2/3/4/5/6/7 on top of each other?

I've tested mixing and matching without doing that and haven't had any problems, but would be nice to know exactly what you're playing with.
posted on May 30th, 2014, 11:42 am
I have just installed the mod again with a all the patches and it works fine!
posted on May 30th, 2014, 11:46 am
Woo! Have fun getting your clock cleaned on the first federation mission :P
posted on May 30th, 2014, 4:15 pm
Glad to hear you got your game working.

I use Vista x64 myself and have also had no issues. I'm certain there are others out there using XP for this game still so at least we cover the gamut of systems.
posted on May 30th, 2014, 5:40 pm
EvilGenius wrote:Woo! Have fun getting your clock cleaned on the first federation mission :P

Nothing a forward-facing starbase in the gravity well doesn't fix :P
posted on May 30th, 2014, 7:57 pm
haha i didnt quite put mine there but yeah i added another one and bam, solution!
posted on June 6th, 2014, 5:51 pm
*returned black and blue from the first couple Klingon missions*

Never mind :pinch:
1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30