Current Project Status

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 91
posted on December 16th, 2006, 4:49 pm
I don't get it...it's not an RTS game. It never was.

And it's not a normal top down RTS game either. It's more like a shoot-them-up space simulator. Reminds me of Freelance, but a ST ship set in A2 (really feels like A2).

well but in Freelancer there was other stuff to occupy the player (trading stuff) Here in Legacrap there is not such a thing;

Therefore i really ask myself how someone wants to set up a ladder for it AND how the players think about that. Because right now, i haven't seen any tactic in the skirmish games; the only thing you do is spiking towards one ships and if that ship is dead you go for the next one; Targeting a subsystem? why should I? Using cloak? for what; i have to wait after decloaking to use cloak again; so can the idea to decloak, fire and cloak again; no chance. Scouts? for what? they die like flies; dammit they ruined this so much; after im done with the campaign, so long Star Crap for a long time unless some poor guys have finished and released a good descent mod;
posted on January 2nd, 2007, 12:10 am
I owe alot to legacy,it made me pullout Armada2 and here i am!

Too bad you can't fight some of the smaller Armada2 engagements with Legacy.
posted on January 2nd, 2007, 10:53 am
hehe, welcome to the forums :)
posted on January 2nd, 2007, 3:29 pm
Upon torrenting Legacy (hi everyone).

I began to tear up in one eye.

As...well, I had great hopes for Trek with this game.

The graphics were nice.
The sound was amazing.
The concept was succulent.

But, the curse of Trek Games struck again.

And for now I will be playing EVE in my quaint Drake, or X3 The Reunion.
posted on January 3rd, 2007, 1:24 am
Last edited by Anonymous on January 3rd, 2007, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haha funny google legacrap and in links to our forums. Use "i'm feeling lucky" and it links directly.
posted on March 6th, 2007, 9:46 pm
Um? How did we get so off topic. I dont care a bit about Legacy. This is a Fleet Operations development page. We all know legacy is a second rate game, so why are we wasting our words on it? Lets get back to talking about the AAA+ games like FleetOps. Great Job! Best mod Ive ever played for ANY game.

Now to get back on track, I do have a couple of questions though. A couple minor bugs I have noted and was wondering if there was going to be something done about.

1. Version 2 question: If the borg and the feds are on a team, they have a minor advantage. the feds can keep building mobs of descent class ships and give them to the borg. (not that the AI will do this but I had it used against me at a LAN party once.) Im not sure if anything even can be done about this but just wanted to bring it up.

2. Version 3 question: has anyone else noticed the dominon are a bit underpowered? Or maybe their research is just overpriced I dont know. All I know is, I CANT WIN WITH THE DOMINION. Every other race, every other avitar I can pull off at least 1 out of 3 against a hard AI (ususally 3 out of 3) but I have never won with dominion. If Im just being stupid here feel free to rag on me. Maybe I just suck at being the bad guy. :lol:
posted on March 7th, 2007, 5:16 am
My answer for your dominion question.

No, they are NOT underpowered.

You just need to set up mining stations all over and not turtle.

No turtles!

Get the ketracel synthesizer going, to get supplies and crank out bugs.

If you're breen, crank out breen cruisers and BB's.

If you're dominion T-15 + V - 11 are always good.

Dominion is actually really good.

But don't ever fight with your prototypes!
posted on March 7th, 2007, 8:08 am
well if you would search the forums you would know that there are some large and high quality threads regarding balancing; just look for either Hypercube,-=B!G=-Black Barons or 4 of 11 posts; We had all these discussion regarding the Dominion already. I think one of the conclusion was that the Dominion lacks a good cruiser and that on small maps you might have a problem against klingon or romulans.
posted on March 9th, 2007, 6:32 pm
100% Correct.

We did have this discussion before.

But, no offense, the Breen cruiser is not a bad ship in the cruiser class.

And the T-15 is A ******* mazing.

So I propose that you are crazy.
posted on March 11th, 2007, 1:19 am
100% Correct.

We did have this discussion before.

But, no offense, the Breen cruiser is not a bad ship in the cruiser class.

And the T-15 is A ******* mazing.

So I propose that you are crazy.

hmm did I write "I think" or did I write "I know"? hmmm let me think this over.
posted on March 11th, 2007, 3:22 pm
Thank you very much for the help, Ill look around the forums a bit more. :assimilate:

But really I do think the collision ability should do a bit more damage. I mean C'mon you ram your ship into something and it doesnt even do double the normal weapon? (normal weapon 14, collision 22)

Nonetheless, Beautiful, incredible mod. er, did I say mod, I meant Game.
posted on March 11th, 2007, 10:44 pm
The crazy was a joke.

But seriously, the dominion are over strength in cruisers if anything.
posted on May 10th, 2007, 11:08 pm
OMG
ONLY 3 CRITICAL TASKS AND 10 URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soooooooooo close
prediction:fleetops 3.0 is out before june1
posted on May 23rd, 2007, 9:18 pm
only TWO critical tasks!!!!!

:woot:
posted on May 23rd, 2007, 10:38 pm
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
SO CLOSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 91