Armada 1 and 2 crashes in windows 8

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on September 11th, 2016, 4:07 am
adriantc wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:The regular Star Trek Armada II works on win10 and lower. Simply Put in the CD, Patch to 1.1, then use The Unofficial Patch to 1.25 (check my link in the above post) As we host the Armada II games on a regular Basis.

The classic a2 mod for FO is also a nice alternative, but doesn't fully give you the original feel. I like using both methods.

In my case it didn't work. I could not install it directly (as the installer wouldn't start) so I tried installing it in a VM, patching it to 1.1 and then to 1.2.5. Then copied it to my real machine and it would give the memory not enough error. If I selected compatibility settings for Windows XP SP2 then it would not show the error, but after a few screen blinkings the game crashed.

if your going to sue Compatibility, it should be xp sp3, but the Memory error happened on my old win7 machine, I didn't have any issues besides that.
also where are you trying to install, and what OS are you using? (windows 8 right?)
posted on September 13th, 2016, 6:57 pm
Yes. Windows 8.1 (64 bit).
posted on September 13th, 2016, 9:49 pm
Default installation or custom location?
posted on September 14th, 2016, 3:45 am
Didn't get to the point where to select the installation location. It simply got stuck after the autorun... just pressed install and no Installer. I can see it in the task manager, but nothing on screen.
posted on February 17th, 2019, 6:23 am
I got the Star Trek Armada to work in Windows 8, without patches. First thing, download to your computer in program file.
On your main windows screen, look at the very bottom for the Brown folder. Open it, go to (C drive) double click then programs (86), double click it, go Activision double click, scroll down to the Star Trek Armada II file,left click once, then right click. Go to properties and you can set the computer for gameplay as (95,98,ME,XP patch 1 or 3). I set it for XP patch3. Intro flashes alot, but, just hit spacebar to past it. Can play single player normally.

Have fun. I'm playing as Klingons right now.
posted on February 17th, 2019, 6:27 am
Forgot a step, after you open the Star Trek Armada II file, scroll down to the icon that also says star trek Armada II, then follow the steps. Should work with Windows 7, 8, 8.1. Not sure about Win. 10.
1, 2, 3, 4