Regular Armada II Install on Windows 10?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 23rd, 2021, 3:20 pm
So I have made a few attempts to install Star Trek Armada II classic campaign on Windows 10. I already gave the Fleet Ops mod a try but lets be honest... Its hardly an authentic original feel to me. Particularly with the lack of a save game menu and ctrl-o not working for me. And installing a Mod to install the original game as a mod? Kind of a wtf in my opinion. So I am honestly just asking if anybody has a no bs way they have been able to run the original game (with the look, feel, more originally intact) on Windows 10? I would appreciate any honest feedback! I don't mean to insult Fleet Ops... I am just not getting the nostalgia or feel I want out of a modded mod of the original....
posted on August 25th, 2021, 4:22 pm
I managed to run the original game without any issue. I didn't even have to change any settings. :sweatdrop:
Try to disable the firewall because they often cause troubles with old games. But if FO runs, Armada should run without issue as well.
posted on August 30th, 2021, 2:01 pm
Yeah the Fleetops mod is BROKEN AS FUCK. Things not following through with what they are told to do, ive literally had a fleet of steamrunners COMPLETELY IGNORE ME, and now ive lost a fleet of sovereigns in a borg base to a temporal field that wouldn't work with full energy. People that supported this mod are lame.
posted on August 30th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Heya, back off with the attitude man... At least until you add some similarly impressive to the game or gain some reputation ion the community.
For your information, I played with that mod without any issue. With all due respect it seems to me more likely that the problem is on your side.
posted on August 30th, 2021, 5:31 pm
Fair enough but what community. This forum is long since dead I have noticed.
posted on August 30th, 2021, 5:33 pm
It literally doesn't even include the cutscenes... This is definitely the modded game. I just find it aggravating A1 was so easy to get to function and A2 just never really got done right. Regardless what anybody wants to say. It is not an original experience.
posted on September 2nd, 2021, 5:56 pm
You're more than welcome to upgrade the mod if you feel it's necessary :thumbsup:
posted on May 19th, 2022, 5:52 pm
It depends on your affinity. Some prefer to create new ships. That requires modeling and texturing skills. Others like to improve the AI, or rebalance the already available ships. That requires coding skills. Or you may try to create a brand new faction for the original game, that's a huge challenger.
I would suggest to start in small, just modify some existing ships and build up your skills from there.

And if you wanna mod, this site will be your bible: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding

I'm looking forward to see your works! It's always great to welcome a new fellow modder in the community.