Required Disc?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on February 18th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Has fleet ops always required the original disc to play? I haven't played in a long time and can't remember but it asks for disc when I play. I do have the original so its not a big deal. Just don't remember it asking before.
posted on February 21st, 2019, 1:45 am
It's always asked for me...
posted on February 28th, 2019, 8:30 am
Of course. Or you can create an ISO image after your CD and use it when you playing Fleet Operations. Use Daemon Tools or another ISO reader to access virtually your Armada 2 CD.
posted on June 28th, 2019, 2:04 pm
Or, Armada 2 had an official(!!!) No-CD patch. Yup, back then these things happened :wub:
If you extract it and copy its content to the FO folder to overwrite the original Armada2.exe, it will work fine without a CD.
posted on June 29th, 2019, 6:43 am
Best way is to get the no cd patch and replace armada2.ldl with it (you have to change the extension of the exe file in the no cd patch to ldl, of course). Replacing the Armada 2.exe instead of the .ldl gives weird graphical glitches in the options menus, and of course your antivirus doesn't like it either.
posted on January 2nd, 2020, 1:31 pm
hi . where can i get a armada 2 full torrent download. i was so exited as i find this download here and thought it was a full . i wisch to introduce my son for this awesome game.. i have read some coments here but i have no clue how to do this. if enyone could help i would mbe super thankfull. . thanks in advance
posted on January 3rd, 2020, 1:56 pm
im not computer savvy enough for this stuff, i downloaded the fleetops thing that says you dont need anything else, but whenever i try to run the installer it says i need a disk or a valid .exe file but i cant even find the fleetops directory in order to put the file in it (nor can i find a .exe file to use), i really need someone to walk me though this, im on windows 10, my pc is total overkill for this game but ive always wanted to play it, if anyone would be willing to help me get it running i would be so grateful, p.s. my pc doesnt even have a disk drive
posted on January 26th, 2020, 4:23 pm
If you don't have a disk drive, then I suggest you get a virtual drive. Gizmo for example is a great tool for that. It's a program that can act like you would have a disk drive. Then you need an Armada II disk. Not the actual disk, but what we call an "Image". A single, compressed file that can be written on a disk, or used in Gizmo to act as a disk. I can't legally make suggestions how to get this "image" file, because it would be piracy. But I'm sure you can figure it out :)

Then you can open the "image" file with Gizmo. It will either open the virtual disk in a new window (in which case doubleclick on setup.exe), or it will initiate the autolaunch in which case the setup menu of the game will show up.
Now install Armada 2, then try to install FleetOps and it should find automatically the Armada II exe file.
posted on January 30th, 2020, 5:33 am
Aaron wrote:im not computer savvy enough for this stuff, i downloaded the fleetops thing that says you dont need anything else, but whenever i try to run the installer it says i need a disk or a valid .exe file but i cant even find the fleetops directory in order to put the file in it (nor can i find a .exe file to use), i really need someone to walk me though this, im on windows 10, my pc is total overkill for this game but ive always wanted to play it, if anyone would be willing to help me get it running i would be so grateful, p.s. my pc doesnt even have a disk drive

Since you are not computer savvy, I recommend buying a copy of the game off of Amazon or Ebay so you have a physical disk. Put the disk in the CD/DVD drive, and install that way.

If you do not have a CD/DVD drive on your computer, which is the case with many newer laptops,
then, go to Walmart or Best Buy and buy what is called an external CD/DVD drive. It will plug into the side of your computer or laptop. Wait a few seconds for your computer to recognize the new device, then place the disk in the external CD/DVD disk drive. You should be able to install this way as well.