Question about AI resource collection

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on February 9th, 2017, 5:29 am
How does the AI collection resources work in terms of supplies. In Fleet Ops the Dominion are the only race that can collect supplies from either type of moon. It seems like the Dominion build more ships than any other race, is it because they collect supplies and the other races don't?

do the other races (romulans, klingons and Federation) just simply buy their resources and it bogs down their ship building capability?
posted on February 9th, 2017, 12:08 pm
since the AI isn't smart enough to buy supply or mine it properly, each AI is given an automatic resourceweapon that gives it supply over time. The rate is so fast that the AI will basically never run out of supply in any situation, which yes, does give a bit of an advantage to Dominion and in some cases Borg AI since these races depend on supply more than the other races.

The way the AIs are balanced is pretty much independent of how resources work. They are designed around build orders, and their difficulty comes from build times. So for example, if you want to deal the heaviest blow to an AI player, destroy their constructors. Killing their freighters won't do much to hurt them, except that they will take time to rebuild the freighters.
posted on February 9th, 2017, 9:49 pm
So giving the Klingons, Federation and Romulans the ability to mine for supplies won't make much of a difference?

In my mod the Human can mine for supplies by any race, except the Borg, but I did not add that ability for the AI.
posted on February 10th, 2017, 4:16 am
Yeah, you don't need to worry about giving the AI supply mining, unless you want them to "look realistic"
posted on March 18th, 2017, 2:03 pm
This topic just helped me out with my AI problem. What weapon gives supplies to the AI?