Windows 7 issues

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 3:53 am
I had Armada 2 for about two years and working great on XP. I just upgraded my laptop to windows 7 and had all updates but can´t play it anymore. I just downloaded patch 3.2.7 and still can´t play it. I´ve googled for solutions, and have done several, and still the same. I just get an error message and can´t even open it. Hope someone can help.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 9:46 am
welcome to the forum.

if you're getting an error message, it'd be great if you could tell us what it says.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 1:49 pm
It just says that windows found an error and must close the program. No error code, thats all it says. I've tried running on compatibility mode and is all the same.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Armada 2 and Fleet Operations 3.2.7 are two separate entities - 3.2.7 is not a patch of A2, so if you try to install it over A2 instead of its own directory it will not work.

If you want to play Armada 2 classic on windows 7 you can do so by installing A2 and the Armada 2 patch project: http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Star_ ... _EXE;85981

You can also play Armada 2 through Fleet Operations by downloading the classic mod, but Fleet Ops must be installed first: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-ar ... a2-classic
posted on August 29th, 2013, 2:20 pm
Hi

I was looking for the Armada 2 patch project file in the link, but it was unavailable. I've tried to look for it everywhere but I just can't find it.

Can you provide another link or maybe send it by mail?

Thanks a lot! :)
posted on August 29th, 2013, 4:46 pm
That could be a filefront problem.Try reloading the page several times.
posted on August 30th, 2013, 4:29 pm
Thanks! It worked! :)
posted on August 30th, 2013, 5:13 pm
So I can play Armada 2's single player campaign with fleetops awesomeness? I never got passed the federation campaign. After I heard the borg voices I had enough. Ugh, god I want to destroy that abomination they called a "game".
posted on August 30th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Not really, the patch mostly just lets you use some of the FO features for mods. The Fleet Ops mod loader with the Classic Mod has pretty much replaced it. But even with the Classic Mod you would need to port the FO models and stuff back into Classic for the campaign.
posted on August 30th, 2013, 6:35 pm
I guess my biggest issue with the game was the Borg voices. I just figured out the answer to my own question, I was going to ask if the Borg voices were changed. But they would have to replace all the Borg dialogue themselves..dammit. It hasn't happened has it.
posted on August 30th, 2013, 9:19 pm
I think we're even still using the ugly Borg voices in Version 3 :sweatdrop: - but the Collective has recently assimilated a new batch of individuals and if the nanites are successful, a new directive may come into effect...
posted on August 30th, 2013, 9:53 pm
:woot:
You guys are the best! As if I was expecting anything less than that from my numba ones!
posted on October 12th, 2013, 5:05 pm
Hi. It's happened to you that the Fleet Ops game does not even start anymore ? What can I do ? I restart my computer, but FO still does not start. I must to reinstall FO, but trying to keep my mods :-)
posted on October 12th, 2013, 5:27 pm
miklosgo wrote:Hi. It's happened to you that the Fleet Ops game does not even start anymore ? What can I do ? I restart my computer, but FO still does not start. I must to reinstall FO, but trying to keep my mods :-)

as for refusing to start, do you get an error message of any type?

as for keeping your mods, they should be completely contained within the folder called mods shouldn't they? just backup that folder before reinstalling.
posted on October 13th, 2013, 7:32 am
Thank you. I managed to fix the problem, without re installing my FO game :-)

Starting the FO game, I did not receive any message, just the game not start.

The problem was with a mod, that I'm working on :-) Moving that mod elsewhere, the FO just start without problem :-)