Warpin ships warp right out

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on February 8th, 2024, 7:27 pm
This is yet another weird bug. I copypasted the Federation Warpin weapon from the core game to my mod. All the weapon files and the techtree entries, including ODFs and fleet caps. So in theory, it should work. And yet, whenever I call in ships, they warp in and warp right out, like when the cap limit is reached. It's like it either doesn't check the cap limit, or it doesn't hand over the ownership of the ships to the player.
And the weirdest thing is that they are showing up in the Admiral's log as commissioned ships, so apparently ownership WAS handed over to me, but for some reason they still warp out...
posted on February 9th, 2024, 10:32 am
The ships showing up as commissioned in the admiral's log is what normally happens when you go over the cap, nothing strange there. It still sounds like a techtree issue. Try replacing the ships that are to be warped in with ships that don't have a cap and see what happens. If you're on Fleet Ops 4.0 then IIRC an incorrect entry in the techtree file can cause all subsequent entries to not be read correctly by the game.
posted on February 9th, 2024, 4:40 pm
If using FleetOps 4.0 you don’t need to use the stupid .xml Techtree format! You can outright ignore it! You do this by making the game use the proper .tt Techtree format! Go to the ODF.FPQ and locate the Techtree governing ODF File (techlvl.odf) and restore all listed Techtree files to: .tt.

In my boyfriend and my Mods utilizing normal Armada II within the FleetOps 4.0 Engine we don’t use the .xml Techtrees at all we still have the .tt format. Setting up this format also works in JanB.’s Roots Mod but sadly some of the .xml format files have to stay for the campaigns to work for it seems they reference those files. Yet we have tech1.tt in and removed tech1.xml and backed it up to another folder.

So if with Techtree issues, especially with FleetOps 4.0 it might just be best to revert back to the proper format of .tt.

When it comes to warp-ins we’ve found it best to not have FleetCaps on them in certain cases and to use the exact files created for FleetOps.
posted on February 9th, 2024, 7:31 pm
In 4.0 you need xml techtrees to have unit/warp-in caps. Unfortunately the 4.0 fleetopshook.dll does not support the odf capfile system (the code was literally stripped out by the devs for some reason). Porting mods to 4.0 would be a lot easier otherwise, but that's the way it is...
posted on February 17th, 2024, 6:46 pm
Awww..... Why? :lol: