STA2 Classic mod files

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on June 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
hello

im looking for the STA2 Classic mod files so i can try to play the single player campagn with the new fleet operations ships etc and were do i put them?

thanks for any help
posted on June 18th, 2012, 9:19 pm
The mod :) http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-ar ... a2-classic

In the root Fleet Operations directory create a folder called "mods": program files/fleet operations/data/mods

Extract the STA2 Classic mod and place within the mods folder.

To play, simply launch Fleet Ops, go to settings, mod settings, and launch the mod (and/or create a shortcut from that window). Cheers :)

edit: error, thanks Myles :)
posted on June 18th, 2012, 10:01 pm
mods folder should be a subfolder of fleetopsdata

ie %programfiles%activisionstar trek armada ii fleet operationsdatamodsfolder for each mod

or for x64 flavour of windoze:

%programfiles(x86)%activisionstar trek armada ii fleet operationsdatamodsfolder for each mod
posted on June 19th, 2012, 8:23 pm
cool thanks will this allow me to play the classic armada with the new units in game?
posted on June 19th, 2012, 9:15 pm
The STA2 Classic mod is just Armada II ported into the Fleet Operations engine. No additional ships are added etc :)
posted on June 19th, 2012, 9:19 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:The STA2 Classic mod is just Armada II ported into the Fleet Operations engine. No additional ships are added etc :)

it does have some new features from what i've seen. such as progress bars on the main interface for yards and for freighter contents. not groundbreaking, but certainly better than stock. if i ever feel the need to play the old campaign for nostalgia i'll fire up a copy of the mod.
posted on August 5th, 2013, 7:12 am
I tried to put a stock STA2 mod over a copy of the CLASSIC but it didn't work.

I take it you have to do more then the guide instructs for a conversion onto the FO engine?
posted on August 9th, 2013, 6:05 pm
Sugar Spice wrote:I tried to put a stock STA2 mod over a copy of the CLASSIC but it didn't work.

I take it you have to do more then the guide instructs for a conversion onto the FO engine?

STA2 Classic has to be set as the parent mod for any stock A2 stuff to work.
posted on August 10th, 2013, 1:24 am
I did, but it did not load properly... The menus work but the faction colours become black and the game crashes once I select start game.

I don't know what else to try. So I thought I should just make the mod from scratch.
posted on August 10th, 2013, 7:53 am
depends on the mod you want to use ive tried it with borg incursion, babylon 5 and star wars and they worked fine
if you let me know wot mod you wanna use i'll look into it and see what needs to be done for that specific mod
posted on June 17th, 2021, 5:17 am
Don't mean to necropost, but I noticed that when I play the STA2 classic mod I have a known bug that was supposed to have been fixed by a FleetOps update. See linked thread.

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/technical/planet-shields-10622

When playing STA2 classic I noticed the game crashes if I cancel planetary shield construction. I know my FO is the most up to date, but does anyone have a work around or fix for this?