Required Disc?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on February 18th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Has fleet ops always required the original disc to play? I haven't played in a long time and can't remember but it asks for disc when I play. I do have the original so its not a big deal. Just don't remember it asking before.
posted on February 21st, 2019, 1:45 am
It's always asked for me...
posted on February 28th, 2019, 8:30 am
Of course. Or you can create an ISO image after your CD and use it when you playing Fleet Operations. Use Daemon Tools or another ISO reader to access virtually your Armada 2 CD.
posted on June 28th, 2019, 2:04 pm
Or, Armada 2 had an official(!!!) No-CD patch. Yup, back then these things happened :wub:
If you extract it and copy its content to the FO folder to overwrite the original Armada2.exe, it will work fine without a CD.
posted on June 29th, 2019, 6:43 am
Best way is to get the no cd patch and replace armada2.ldl with it (you have to change the extension of the exe file in the no cd patch to ldl, of course). Replacing the Armada 2.exe instead of the .ldl gives weird graphical glitches in the options menus, and of course your antivirus doesn't like it either.