No Sound (Win10)

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on September 26th, 2019, 6:39 pm
I was wondering who else has run into an issue of either stock armada or FO (or both) having no sound under Windows 10. IOf so, have you solved it, or is the game still silent as the tomb?

(Alienware m17 R4 with realtek sound, 1060 nvidia graphics, 16 gigb ram, windows 10 with latest patches and drivers, 1920x1080pix)
posted on September 27th, 2019, 6:23 am
Only Armada has this issue? It sounds :lol: like a driver problem rather than something with the game. I know this is a stupid question but have you updated your drivers? It's also a stupid question, but did you check the option sin the game? Maybe you muted it by mistake...?
posted on September 27th, 2019, 6:36 am
in order,
- no, it is happening in fleetops and all fleet ops mods.
- no, it is not muted, either within fleet ops, or via the windows 10 sound panel.
- yes, all the most current drivers from the Dell Support site.
-yes, the proper audio device is selected (though I tried it as system default as well and that didn't work either)

(side issue, since I tried reinstalling today, I no longer have vanilla armada II because I don't have a workinfg no-CD patch and it won't accept my ISO drive F as a valid optical drive for some reason, so tomorrow if I can find a blank DVD I'll try to burn the damned ISO)
posted on October 22nd, 2019, 10:00 am
You could try windows compatibility mode. Sound does work in windows otherwise right lol? My speakers have a physical nob on them to turn to make it louder and quieter in addition to the software settings.