Need no cd patch Help

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on March 26th, 2020, 2:49 pm
I'm trying to play FO without a cd. I downloaded a NOCD patch and changed the extension from and EXE to an LDL just as was stated in the FAQ. I replaced the LDL in the Fleetops data file but when I go to launch FO it wont start and I get a send bug message. I also tried downloading an ISO an have it mounted but FO still says I need a CD. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Running it on windows 10.
posted on March 26th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Also I was able to play the vanilla game with no problems using the ISO
posted on March 26th, 2020, 3:14 pm
I dont know how to post the bug report. Sorry, I know, I'm a noob
posted on March 26th, 2020, 4:44 pm
I may be wrong but dont think there being looked at any more as the devs are now working on their own engine
posted on March 26th, 2020, 7:08 pm
jah0331 wrote: I downloaded a NOCD patch and changed the extension from and EXE to an LDL ...

I just changed the original Armada2.exe to Armada2.exe.backup, and then dropped in the patched .exe from GampeCopyWorld. This has always worked for me.
posted on March 27th, 2020, 4:32 am
Ha I figured out what i was doing wrong lol. I made an ISO of STA1 too and that was the one I had mounted lol. Mounted STA2 and ran compatiblity and now it works. I feel like an idiot.
posted on November 12th, 2020, 4:10 pm
jah0331 wrote:Ha I figured out what i was doing wrong lol. I made an ISO of STA1 too and that was the one I had mounted lol. Mounted STA2 and ran compatiblity and now it works. I feel like an idiot.

hey, i hope you are still active. could you help me how to play FO without CD on Windows 10? I would love to play FO, but I can't do it without a CD :(
posted on November 12th, 2020, 5:23 pm
Let me be very official: You have to have a CD to play FleetOps.
In fact, you'll require it to install it in the first place. Of course you can use a virtual CD drive and mount a CD image, if you have one. And those are available from... various sources.

EDIT: To clarify, under "various soruces" I mean that for example, there was some site if I remember correctly that sells good old games and they had Armada 2 for sale some time ago. And they only sell virtual copies so it must be a CD image.