Memory consumption question

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on September 7th, 2019, 12:20 pm
I am thinking about using more complex weapons for my mod and I plan to replace every weapon with an UniBeam or UniTorpedo. My only concern is that it may cause a serious strain on the CPU. Does anyone have experience wih something like that? Does a UniBeam require significantly more computing than a simple beam weapon?
posted on September 7th, 2019, 3:35 pm
My understanding is that it does not. I was told by a dev once that the amount of memory used by weapons fire and objects was insignificant compared to that of textures and models so you didn't need to worry about it.
posted on September 10th, 2019, 9:44 am
Correct. There is only additional memory being used for every ordnance that is present at the time which is insignificant. If you'd have 10000 UniBeams or UniTorpedos firing at the same time it would be a difference of ~800kb of memory compared to the build-in versions of Armada. CPU wise there is no additional strain when using these ordnances compared to the build-in ones.
posted on September 10th, 2019, 10:41 am
Thanks for the info!