Life support systems being targeted only.

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on January 26th, 2018, 4:09 am
I hope I can express what I am trying to ask correctly....


I replaced the Klingon Starbase with a different model. After doing so I noticed that it acted differently than other star bases. When the shield were down, enemy fire would only affect the life support systems and not the hull itself, thus making the station practically invincible with shields down. This is different in how how starbases in the game act.


Any clue to what is wrong here? I've tried tinkering with the odf file numerous times with the hullhitpoints, and nothing changes at all.
posted on January 26th, 2018, 5:22 pm
There are a few things I can think of that could possibly cause this.

First, there is a command called lifesupporthitpercent that is used to determine how often the subsystem is hit. You can check this number, but I suspect it is not the problem since 1. I'm assuming you didn't make any major changes to the odf file, and 2. Once the subsystem is destroyed the damage should go to hull.

It's also possible, if you changed the odf files, that you messed with the other hitpercent commands which need to add up to 1 or they will cause problems.

However, what I think is most likely is that the new model does not have the same hardpoints on it, which is causing trouble with the system target commands, such as lifesupporttargethardpoints. I recommend you go into the odf and set all the target hardpoints to "root" and see if that fixes anything.
posted on January 26th, 2018, 10:43 pm
Tryptic wrote:There are a few things I can think of that could possibly cause this.

First, there is a command called lifesupporthitpercent that is used to determine how often the subsystem is hit. You can check this number, but I suspect it is not the problem since 1. I'm assuming you didn't make any major changes to the odf file, and 2. Once the subsystem is destroyed the damage should go to hull.

It's also possible, if you changed the odf files, that you messed with the other hitpercent commands which need to add up to 1 or they will cause problems.

However, what I think is most likely is that the new model does not have the same hardpoints on it, which is causing trouble with the system target commands, such as lifesupporttargethardpoints. I recommend you go into the odf and set all the target hardpoints to "root" and see if that fixes anything.


Hey Tryptic, I will try the second thing you said. You are correct to assume I did not mess with the other things in the ODF file in relation to hit chance or hit percent. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out.
posted on January 26th, 2018, 11:06 pm
Tried what you said, and unfortunately it didn't work. I am in contact with the author of the model to try to fix this.
posted on January 27th, 2018, 1:35 am
something else that occurred to me, it may be that this model does not have a hardpoint called "root". In any case, you probably have the right idea in talking to the author.
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Bot] and 3 guests