How To Design a Starship

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:11 am
Last edited by miklosgo on April 14th, 2013, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A starship can travel everywhere within a solar system and it can use wormholes to travel quickly to other solar systems. A starship can also travel directly to other solar systems without using wormholes, but this takes a long time. " (http://www.hazeron.com/htdesignship.html )

I found a Starship Design Guide:
http://www.suricatafx.com/?page_id=701

Here I am, and try to present some of my spaceships build using MilkShape 3D.
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:14 am
Last edited by miklosgo on April 14th, 2013, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my Gothic battleship made using MilkShape 3D. One day will be used in a my ST Armada 2 strategy game. I'm working to finalize the ships. Here you can see a short video presentation: (Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuY2FVyIWic)

Attachments

gothic_battleship.jpg
Gothic battleship
gothic_battleship.jpg (83.73 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:17 am
Last edited by miklosgo on April 14th, 2013, 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I used a 3D modelling software MilkShape 3D to create the model, and the screenshot is made in Star Trek Armada 2: Fleet Operations.
Here you can see a short video presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkkKhzT6uzk

Attachments

space_fighter_2.jpg
Space fighter
space_fighter_2.jpg (73.72 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:53 am
A starship design made to Bob Bello's novel "Diamond Star".

Starship name is: MSS Adamant Cargo Ship

Bob Bello is an independent writer/producer and visionary artist. More at www.facebook.com/timeship

Attachments

warp_ship.jpg
warp ship for Bob Bello
warp_ship.jpg (284.93 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:56 am
This is the "New Horizon" , the antimatter catalyzed fusion craft. Made by me using MilkShape 3D and Photoshop.

Attachments

the_new_horizon.jpg
New Horizon
the_new_horizon.jpg (216.05 KiB) Viewed 3288 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 10:59 am
Last edited by miklosgo on September 16th, 2015, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another ship
posted on April 14th, 2013, 11:06 am
Last edited by miklosgo on March 9th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After a voyage of 30 years, the Galactica reached to Earth, with the hope and promise of finding a new life and a new beginning.Commander Adama and his team helped the technological development of the Earth, creating a serious defense system against the Cylons, if they arrived near Earth.
posted on April 14th, 2013, 11:07 am
These are the ships from the strategy game " Attack Vector: Tactical".
Made by me using MilkShape 3D.

Attachments

attack_vector_by_miklosgo.jpg
Attack Vector: Tactical
attack_vector_by_miklosgo.jpg (102.8 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:25 pm
This is my Kilrathi and their Snakeir class dreadnought from Wing Commander.
I build the ship using Milkshape 3D for the strategy game ST Armada 2.

I have in development my own 3D models from the Wing Commander Movie, such as, The TCS Tiger's Claw - strike carrier and the Kilrathi Snakeir carrier.

Attachments

tcs_tiger__s_claw_by_miklosgo.jpg
TCS Tiger's Claw - strike carrier
tcs_tiger__s_claw_by_miklosgo.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
kilrathi_by_miklosgo.jpg
Kilrathi
kilrathi_by_miklosgo.jpg (144.85 KiB) Viewed 3256 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:29 pm
Some of my ships designed for my BSG Universe.
The parts for the ship was borrowed from the kit collection created by Kenny Mitchell : http://axeman3d.deviantart.com/art/Trus ... -312059846

Attachments

cargo_ship_by_miklosgo.jpg
Cargoship
cargo_ship_by_miklosgo.jpg (73.13 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
explorer_by_miklosgo.jpg
Explorer
explorer_by_miklosgo.jpg (92.44 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:33 pm
Perry Rhodan ships - Topsider rocket.

Clutch military ships look much like an arkonide sphere ship
with a rocket shoved through the center of it. Examination of
ship wreckage has shown that the Topsiders have not learned how to build the ring propulsion system used by Arkonides, Akonides, and Terrans. Instead, they use a central command and habitation sphere with a posterior propulsion and power system and an anterior weapons system....A variety of smaller weapons are mounted on the command sphere".

My first Topsider rocket was build for the game Star Trek Armada II.
What or who is a Topsider ?
In the Perry Rhodan Universe, " For Terrans Topsiders can be describe very simply: as a cross between a velociraptor and a human. Still possessing a bird-like posture they are
stockier and more compact than velociraptors. The females stand about 1.8 meters tall and about 2.7 meters from nose to tail. The males stand about 1.5 meters tall and about 2.3 meters from nose to tail. Topsider skin is generally scaled with only the males having any feathers
(and these only once a year just before molting season). The tradition, since the coming of the Arkonides, has been to cut these feathers off as they come in."

Attachments

topsider_rocket_by_miklosgo.jpg
Topsider
topsider_rocket_by_miklosgo.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:35 pm
This is my STARDUST rocket what I'm build using MilkShape 3D.
I find a nice 3D model made in Blender: http://yehuna.deviantart.com/gallery/26260151
but I can't use it just because I can't convert it from Blender in another format, the model size or is to big or my software crash So, I started to create my own model for my Perry Rhodan Mod. Maybe for the final version I change the texture or something.

Attachments

sturdust_by_miklosgo.jpg
Stardust
sturdust_by_miklosgo.jpg (99.06 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:40 pm
This is a warship with 3 warp engine, build with MilkShape 3D.

Using more than 3 warp engine on a single ship is something unusual. A Federation ship can use between one and two standard warp nacelles. More than two nacelles gives more ship power especially when you have a Federation warship. But often the 3rd warp nacelle produced side effects and most ships only works with one or two standard warp nacelle.

The second picture is a fictional battleship from the Star Trek Universe, created with Milkshape 3D and using some parts from a Valkyrie battle-craft from BSG.

Attachments

battleship_by_miklosgo.jpg
Battleship
battleship_by_miklosgo.jpg (117.9 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
nacelle3_by_miklosgo.jpg
warship with 3 warp engine
nacelle3_by_miklosgo.jpg (135.67 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:43 pm
Battleship Prototype created in 2011. Maybe I can use it in a battle one day. Created with Milkshape 3D.

Attachments

prototype_by_miklosgo.jpg
Battleship Prototype
prototype_by_miklosgo.jpg (171.88 KiB) Viewed 3249 times
posted on April 14th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Starting to work on the Iron Sky UFO Germany WWII spaceship. I want to create some 3D ship models from the movie. Maybe I can use it for a new Mod for the Fleet Operations strategy game.

Attachments

iron_sky_ufo_by_miklosgo.jpg
Iron Sky UFO Germany WWII spaceship
iron_sky_ufo_by_miklosgo.jpg (204.34 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
1, 2